1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Make Hardcore TDM Work

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Winter Chicken, 3 Jan 2019.

1. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

So since the update announcement, I've seen a lot of appreciation about the change to ranked, myself included. We're worried that ranked is going to become like event TDM, where everyone rushes in to get damage, and don't care about deaths or skill.

So what is my solution? First of all, deaths should be taken into account for rewards. This would reward skilled players who know how to survive AND deal damage.

Another smaller idea that I had is to put the death count of each player on the end screen. While it doesn't have a direct impact, it would help pressure people into playing safely.

One last idea I had is to make ranked 4v4. The 4v4 event battles are much less of a chaotic scramble than the 5v5, and from what I've seen it makes people stick together.

Some more bonuses of the 4v4 would be
    - shorter wait times

-maps are less crowded

-you have more personal responsibility to make your team win. Smart players would have a larger impact, and so would dumb players.

@The Grim Repair @Zeus

2. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    what i like about tdm is we can respawn and even if you find some weaker player in team its still possible to make the difference because number of players stay same . in normal infamy battle sometimes one or two players are good and strong but other player die quickly then other team which have more player can win easily because they have only one or two ship to focus . in tdm maybe other ships die quickly but because they respawn and other team have to focus on 5 ships one good player can save the battle . let see what will happened after new update . the only one issue i found is minimum need of 2 ships . mostly player put all resources on one ship so there are so many player like me who don't have second ship at same level or items ready for second ship .

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

How to make it work:

YOU CAN'T

RACK STAR and ViscountSniffit like this.
  4. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Restricting players to only two deaths (or only two boats) would be another viable option.

envylife likes this.
  5. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Everyone is speculating heavy here I know. But because the gripes seem to be about having adequate secondary load outs, you could almost have an option of spawning immediately with your second or third boat, or waiting a recovery time for your destroyed ship to be fixed (not too different than how it is now). Thus giving a small advantage to people with two or more boats, but not necessarily crippling people with only 1 viable ship.

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

If they score based on number of deaths, it would fix the problem for many speeder mains. We can single-spawn in TDMs as they are now, and that's something rare. We don't concede a single point to the enemy, so we deserve extra credit for that.

As for fixers, I think the devs should count heals on an equal level to damage, otherwise they're going to get the short end of the stick here.

7. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

At least to me it seems like they've made a lot of progress towards giving credit for healing. In my reaper I usually do an equal amount of damage and healing and I usually get the same rewards as I would have had I done an equivalent amount of damage only. And with my fixer I usually get 2 stars when it's a 90/10 split between damage and healing provided that I don't play like an idiot.

8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I feel like fixer rewards also take into account how much you win by.
    For example winning 5-1 in ranked gives better rewards than winning 5-4.
    It seems to me they get more credit by keeping people alive rather than just healing.

9. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

Yeah that's fine but if you have one or 2 boats race off and suicide or whatever but you keep the other 3 alive and win 5to2 you shouldn't be penalized with less rewards. Had you chased the 2 you may have got killed yourself or then the 2 you leave behind die. As a fixer you have to make decisions that help your team win the best way you can. In a perfect world everyone stays together and you win 5 0 but that's no realistic because one team is going to win, although you can end in a draw. It seems like the simplest solution is reward fixer for total repairs, give more if the fixer gets damage and kills if that team wins. I'm not saying they deserve more rewards than any other ship. I just think all boats should be rewarded equally whether their job is to do damage or repair based on doing their job well and contributing to the team

Elyport likes this.
  10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I've been trying to push these same ideas for a while. If you're kill/death ratio is less than 1, and your damage is lower than average, let's face it, you were a detriment to your team.

5v5 elimination is, IMO, the best in the gamebut in v4.2 they are eliminating it from the game (may bring it back for special events), so it becomes important to figure out what is the best TDM mode going forward. I also think 4x4 TDM is much better than 5x5 TDM, but ranked battles will be 5x5 TDM like it or not.

11. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I've also noticed 4v4 battles are a little smoother connection wise.

RACK STAR likes this.
  12. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

It seems like team elim is becoming the new casual mode. Yay... casual mode takes skill, and ranked does not.

#RovioLogic

JoshW likes this.