1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How to counter a speeder with flare + blast/explosive + tesla

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Stonebanks, 14 Jan 2018.

1. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

hi everyone.

I was recently in a match against a speeder with flare gun, blast cannon with fire perks, tesla shield and tesla bolt. Even he fighted against 3 of us, and still won.

I think that only enforcer can beat him, but, what do you say?

Disguised likes this.
  2. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

A good enforcer could've easily beat him if the enfo used carro, sniper, and flare gun as his three weapons. All those three weapons can kill a speeder pretty well. Carro if they get too close, Sniper is they get too far, and flare if they run away.

ThatOnion and Stonebanks like this.
  3. Sh@rp shooter

Sh@rp shooter Active Member

Well even shooters can get them if you know the proper strategy. I am a shooter and i cant tell u how many times i have killed a speeder who is trying to act like a king going alone thinking he could just flare and blast anyone. As a matter of fact i have started going for speeders first against the tradition of the game. The trick is to judge the speeder's next move and be ready for it....for eg what i do is whenever a speeder get close to me instead of attacking i prepared myself for his attack which is usually a flare as soon as he attacks he becomes vulnerable because of global countdown and now he cant run away thats where my big torp with 2k damage came in and all i gotta do is judge the movement(in which i am pretty good at) and the game is almost over. The remaining few hp is taken by my 750 damage blast cannon and even if a little is still left and speeeder is running away i just bomb my napalm in front of him which does 150 damage per sec so he just touch it for 1 or 2 sec and dies. There are countless other ways to kill a speeder but the main thing is just to outsmart it and predict its movement

vis1234567899 and Stonebanks like this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Tesshaield and tessbolt on a flare+blast speeder? Well, there's two ways.

If he's a mk5, he cannot run around. So call down focused fire, even mortars can hit him since he has no OB.

If he's mk6, call down a mortar shower. The dude will use OB. Then fire a decoy direct shot to manipulate him into shielding. Now, you have 8 seconds to break his tesshield and deal some damage till he overboosts again. Of course, line of sight and all other factors will matter. The general consensus is to "wing it". But this strat is okay. You gotta handle an expert mk6 in a strike team of at least three.

vis1234567899 and Stonebanks like this.
  5. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Speeder is fixer ultimate enemy.

Please learn to take them down and protect your fixer.

Fixer is the most important ship in the battle.

Protect them at all cause.

6. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Lol fixers are the easiest targets in the whole game.

7. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Most of them are easy, but
    Duct Force Fixer require more time and focus fire to be defeated.

Attached Files:

8. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Lol a simple legendary carronade like mine could have finished u off and that wouldnt have taken any skill on my part. Or why did nobody blast cannon u.

9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I find the most annoying thing for me, as a speeder, is getting hit by a Tesla Bolt.

For a shooter, it just means you can’t fire for ~10 seconds, but at least all your defences still work.

For a speeder, not being able to fire for ~10 seconds happens every other shot, but when you’re stunned, you can’t Nitro, you can’t OB, you can’t use Tesla Shield or Bolt to defend yourself. You’re basically just dead in the water, with crappy hp and defence.

I’m not sure what ship you use, but if you’re able to equip yellow items, then Tesla Bolt is probably the best at countering Speeders.

If you can’t take yellows then I’d suggest point damage weapons, that are easy to hit with. Sniper, BC, ExC, Flare, Carronade etc... Mortars are useless against speeders. Torpedoes can be great, as they do a lot of damage to speeders, and they can slip under the Tesla Shield, but they are high risk because they’re hard to hit with, and 1v1 it’s easy for a Speeder to stick inside your arming range.

I made a video of a solo kill against a shooter with torps, where you can clearly see the problem. If he’d had more point damage, I would have had to just run away, and the battle might have been very different...

Stonebanks likes this.
  10. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

All your comments are very interesting.

Im a mk5 speeder and enforcer, right now i use the Flare+Blast Cannon combo, and i was fighting against a mk6 speeder, it was a 4vs1 and he still won.

In another match, i was fighting a mk6 enforcer with 2 tesla shields, but guess what, i was with the Frost-torp combo. With 3 hits i won, frosted, torpedo, run the shit out of there, and again. It worked for me.