1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How many people think Battlebay is a joke?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Bennie1120, 20 Jul 2018.

?

Battlebay has hit an all time low player activity.

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No

30 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. Bennie1120

Bennie1120 Member

How many people would say that this is a new low for battlebay?

xxxBISMARCKxxx likes this.
  2. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Do you have evidence/sources?

3. Bennie1120

Bennie1120 Member

So many players left and now the matchmaking system is all messed up. Good job devs. Wish you guys listened to players when there was still potential

4. Bennie1120

Bennie1120 Member

Absolutely, the match making system itself... The activity on my friends list... The complaints on the forum...

5. Bennie1120

Bennie1120 Member

I’ve done my homework. Where’s yours?

6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

All hearsay.

7. Tawny Rae

Tawny Rae New Member

Oooops!

Last edited: 12 Sep 2018
    Mad_Bulls_007 likes this.
  8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

VIP doesn't give any battle advantages.

9. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Why is it a joke?

10 million download with 300k review (200k 5 star)
    Screenshot_20180721-073710.jpg
    I don't find it funny or reducing number of player a valid point imho.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  10. N1mzor

N1mzor Active Member

Only evidence with hard numbers i could find is this

https://pro.similarweb.com/#/apps/performance/0_com.rovio.battlebay/840/1m/

Bear in mind this page is just for googleplay in the USA. Daily active users have dropped from nearly 19k down to just under 11K from February to June. I checked a few other countries and the trend seems fairly consistent. I don't know the IOS figures, but assuming this trend is same across all devices and all countries, it would suggest the game has been losing lots of players over the last few months.

11. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Any other link that can be accessed without registering?

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  12. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Must be bugs that are causing this. BB still a fun games, but ( no offense) I don't feel like it can rival fortnite and PUBG ( who are yet to legally fight) anymore.

Bugs, supposed matchmaking issues, and totally fake ' devs ain't listening to shît' excuses. They do listen, they just sometimes feel that there are ideas they would rather not implement

13. N1mzor

N1mzor Active Member

Sorry, I forget you even had to register for that site, it's free though.

Just a few more details for those interested. Foreward all figures are just for USA on googpleplay.

In the Games>Action catergory for googleplay in the USA, Battle Bay is currently ranked 139th by usage. PUBG Mobile which is 2nd in the same catergory had 800K DAU (daily active users) But that's PUBG. Looking at something that is a bit more similar to BattleBay such as War Robots which is currently ranked 14th with 150K DAU. Even World of Tanks (released in 2013) Blitz has 25K DAU.

I think it's just one of those things really. Nearly all games experience a decline in it's playerbase over time. I think it's even more volatile in mobile F2P market. People hit the pay walls quick in these games and they download something else and play that for a bit and rinse and repeat (I think nowadays people hit the paywall very quickly in BattleBay). BattleBay has been out for a while now so its honey moon period is well and truly over. Sure people can point fingers at this problem or that problem, but even if everything you hate about the game was fixed tomorrow, it wouldn't result in massive waves of players suddenly playing the game. Most people left playing enjoy the game at least enough to continue playing, and anyone new who enters the ring now and in the future and sticks around is a bonus.

14. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Feels like more of a right place wrong time situation, the game is good but for one reason or another the ACTIVE playerbase isn’t what it should be, maybe staff size, advertising, or just the uber grind demographic would be some examples.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

How could ANYONE possibly know that without access to Rovio's stats?

16. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

do you play War Robots?
    if not, then:
    newest update-4.0
    what it did?
    Screenshot_20180721-102857.png
    but one thing not announced at that page-economy changes:
    increased amount of silver (game currency) gained per battle, but increased upgrade times and prices (for new items only-not items you bought before that 4.0 update), that might seem to be ok but the reality is really bad-upgrade times for some weapons/robots (even those which cost real money) were increased by 50% or more and total price for upgrading it from base level (lowest level of that weapon) to level 12 were doubled (!!) but the oncrease in rewards per battle is only few %, results? it's not worth it to buy anything new unless you are ok with spending money ony boosting upgrades and buying silver
    I doubt that the DAU will stay that high after this 4.0 update;)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

This game ia good and healthy..whats dead is the interest you and your in game friends have in it which is normal and maybe you should move on play another game you can enjoy..

And dont compare it to fortnite/pubg cuz those are actually PC GAMES made into mobile version zzz

18. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

IMO this thread is a joke.
    If you think the game is a joke, then stop playing. It's that simple.
    Come on, this is a forum for FANS of the game.

19. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Yes dude.;);););)

And also look at the votes.From that,we can assume that Battle Bay is not a joke.
    It's a REAL-TIME MULTIPLAYER GAME:p:cool::p:cool::cool:

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  20. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

I don't know how long you have been playing but just an FYI, devs did listen to players about matchmaking. And this lead to the addition of ship mk levels when looking for matches. The conclusion....shit became shittier.

Personally I would like to quit this game too but I like playing it enough to not give up, yet.

HAPPY SITHSHA and wreck your day like this.