1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How high can you go?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by behumble, 27 May 2017.

1. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

As an unpaying player in the game, I am wondering how high players that dont spend money can get atm?
    Currently mk3 fixer with 1500 infamy. I have been getting crushed a lot by epics and even legendaries. However, I have not been able to acquire any of these types of weapons. Nor could I imagine being able to level them up.
    So, in your opinion and experience, how far can you go as a non playing player?
    Note: I do really like that this game has unlimited battles, so if you really dont care about infamy you can just have fun with no restrictions.

2. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

Well I think that there is no limit to how high you can make it to the leader board even if you are a F2P player.
    I'm also a F2P player currently in ace 2 league, lv 35 and infamy range between 2.5k to 3k. Spent around 6 months time on it.
    Since update 2.0, I managed to get around 5 epic item from combining and opening free/ star crates. You must be really unlucky if you are not able to get 1 till now.
    As you noted, you had fun with the unlimited battles. Keep building you gears and level up your crew and in time you will be able to join a game in night mare league.
    I set my target to be able to reach night mare in another 3 months.:rolleyes:

3. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Thats great man, best of luck to you!

4. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    Same here, I never pay for virtual reality. What res said i wouldnt hesitate to agree that you must be unlucky by now. Am a new player just been 2 weeks and played over 500 battles (yes i spend a lot of time) already and by far i have 1680 pearls in hand without paying a single cent. Trust me you dont have too if you have patience. Do achievements, select a good playstyle kill well watch ads get pearls and save.
    Am saving up for that 3900 pearls kit and if i got more than 1/3rd of it in 2 weeks am sure i'll get it soon. And am lvl14, with infamy around 700. At my level am doing pretty well with some rare stuff. Got rare cannon(s), mortar, b-berta, swift torpedo, fire bomb, railgun and repair box already. As said the free crates not only give green sometimes even rare ones or parts to rare ones (1/10 or more). And next up why you should save for the 3900 kit? Cause forget one epic you can get even 10 epics if you're lucky cause it has 10 boxes. So my advice for you now is to save for that.

5. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

The season / calender / quest rewards will all get better as you level up and reach higher leagues. Patience.

I am in Chaos III now at level 25 and have been playing heavily free to play for about 2 months (I did buy the starter pack). My inventory is filled with rares and dupes waiting for parts to level. I have so many rares now I really need to prioritize better. I need to stop hoarding rares I am not immediately using and scrap to level other items. If I need that rare item again it will come eventually. Epics are still hard to come by and I have about 10-15 epics total with some dupes but the parts are expensive and all my gold goes to rare parts, pieces, perks, and boat upgrades for now. I've actually got maybe 4-5 from star/free chests. Another 4-5 from collecting pieces. And probably 3-4 from the 3900 pearl crates from just playing a lot and "watching" ads.

Last edited: 27 May 2017
  6. OniZoro

OniZoro Member

Pearls from watching ads? How?

7. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    After every successive battle, you get 1/2/3 pearls (as far as i got till now) for watching ads. The multiplier is 1.5x and more. And this only if you play well /okayish atleast.

8. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

Watching ads gives you 50% additional pearls as well. Randomly if you finished a game there is a chance to get pearls.
    Watching the ads usually gives you an additional pearl more.

9. OniZoro

OniZoro Member

Ah I thought there was a different way other than the one extra pearl