1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How fixers get the short end of the stick... again.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jennyfur3810, 16 Nov 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jennyfur3810

Jennyfur3810 Active Member

So we all know fixers are screwed when it comes to stars. It's very rare for a fixer to get three stars, even as the top contributor. Now that xp is based on stars (1-20xp, 2-30xp, 3-40xp) and we are getting shafted, once again.

I know I know, it's just a extra 10 xp. But for how many battles you should have gotten it as top contributor, it is pretty aggravating. :(

2. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Agreed, healing points need to be heavier weighted in "the sauce" that determines contribution. A good fixer is such a huge advantage, especially if your team is shooter heavy. Its one of the most difficult to multi task as well.

3. N00BST4R

N00BST4R Member

This goes without mentioning the cumulative impact. For someone who mains a Fixer; 10 battles = 100xp...with the recent changes, that will add up over the course of a captain's career.
    I don't disagree, but the issue becomes balancing self healing vs actual team healing. Not to say that self healing isn't important; a dead Fixer isn't contributing. However, if a Fixer plays ONLY for him/herself it could be abused.

Mr. Chompers, Jennyfur3810 and Earel like this.
  4. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

I brought this up in the announcement thread complete BS. I can heal 25k anx do 3000k damage and lose after playing 4 min and 30 seconds and get 0 XP . but the damage dealers I keep alive get stars and XP . I can play defender use firebomb lose and get 20 XP. I advise anyone not to play fixer the one boat in the game that screams team work get screwed the worst . I acceptwe the less star sand went on fixing but now fixers will lvl up.captains lvl and take longer to get mk6 orany higher mk boat its totally broken . Your discouraging anyone from playing fixer. Playing fixer = longer battles 90% of the time. Less reward fotlonger gameplqy thatbrewards damage dealer but not fixers .completely broken.
    @TheGrimRepair

5. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

This screenshots a perfect example healed 16k and 2500 damage battle lasted over 4 mins for 0 stars and 0 XP both shooters I kept alive to get 10k damage a piece got a star and 20xp how is that even close to correct. Its broken. Why would anyone choose to play longer and play your ass off to help other s get rewared for doing exactly what a fixers supposes to do HEAL NOT DO DAMAGE especially at mk5 we have one damn gun

Attached Files:

Babablacksheep and Earel like this.
  6. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

Self healing dowsnt show on battle reacords

The Otherguy and BasedCarpen like this.
  7. N00BST4R

N00BST4R Member

@Ovidmikel good to know - I never play one lol

8. Jennyfur3810

Jennyfur3810 Active Member

Right?! A big reason they were able to do that much damage is because we kept them from dying. It's a bad system for us :(

Ovidmikel and Earel like this.
  9. Earel

Earel Active Member

BB88358A-D2DA-4832-86D1-EDA294179ED7.png I don’t understand stars/exp calculation at all ... can some one explain how it possible... look at winners and losers ... and stars calculation... all winners got 1 stars??? And losers 2??? I give up...
    FYI it's my highest rate in a screen ... for that day

Last edited: 16 Nov 2017
    HeroicBubbles and The Otherguy like this.
  10. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    @Ovidmikel are you over 800 infamy lower than your season high score? If you are, your rewards are getting lower because the system thinks you are a seal clubber

11. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

This is the reason only I stopped playing fixer after the july 17 nerf. Slow farming poor rewards. Wi5h speeder I can farm fast than fixer and its less pain in neck to heal those players who thinks they can win match by themselves. Abandone fixers as soon as possible if you want to develop fast.

12. Mr. Chompers

Mr. Chompers Well-Known Member

It is @The Grim Repair, not @TheGrimRepair

• Percy • and Shadow Moon! like this.
  13. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Damage = Counts directly as contributing.
    Healing = Conditionally counts as contributing.

Getting 1* from a game like this is absurd -- Fixers are far too reliant on the actions of the ships they heal.
    Having said that I dont think our average star gains are bad atm, been content since the fire contribution nerf.

14. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

No I'm only 100 below season hi and I've accepted the lower stars its just ridiculous that now because I main fixer I also will lvl up slower also completely broken anyone thatbplys fixer gets the shaft .

15. Phalgun

Phalgun Member

Shooters always had and will have the advantage when it comes to the stars system. Sometimes I feel like going back to Shooter and enjoy all the imbalances in the game lol. I just think sheer damage shouldn’t be the primary factor for stars.Team-Heals,Damage and Fire Damage maybe at one weight, Frost,Self-Heal,Stun duration maybe on the next and something like that would make every ship and every weapon contribute to the star system which would be fair. Just my opinion :)

Mr. Chompers and Zachiderp like this.
  16. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

Also shots blocked with tesla shield should be taken into account