1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How Fire Bomb needs to work to make it balanced

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Waveblower, 28 Jan 2018.

1. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

We all know that Fire Bomb is way overused these days, mostly because burning enemies are perfect for cannon users to get the bonus burn damage. However, the way Fire Bomb works right now is just way too unbalanced, because of whether you’re hit directly with a Fire Bomb or you’re almost outside its blast radius, you end up burning for the whole duration which is plenty of time to get hit several times by cannons. Reduced damage per second the further you’re away from the center of the blast is not ideal for Fire Bomb, in terms of balance. Instead, the burn duration needs to be dependent on how far you’re away from the center of impact, while the damage remains the same. The image below is a good visual example of what I have in mind.

8A4530EF-A03E-437E-927C-4CEC48FE9555.jpeg

2. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

100% agree. Why should we get burned for 1hp a second for 20+ seconds? The further away you are the short the burn duration. BUT the damage remains constant. So if your firebomb says 88 Dmg, you take 88 Dmg per sec no matter where in the radius you get hit, it just won't tick as long.

3. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

My thoughts exactly. Right now we always burn for 20 seconds regardless of how far away we are. This would also solve the issue of getting lit on fire even when you’re outside the radius.

4. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

I support the concept of Waveblowers post.

I dont think it needs to be as drastic.
    But agree it should affect the time constraint element the further away from center.
    More usuable to all players and agreeable to firebomb users would be a 50 -70 percent reduction of time at the very most outer edges.
    And agree that keeping the damage the same everywhere no matter where u are in the circle.

5. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    The only problem i have with the fire bomb is the sketchy hit box, i'm constantly outside the fire bomb and i still get the burn effect for like 40 damage. When i go to the replay just to see where the area of the fire bomb is and i'm actually on top of it but in real time i'm outside. Makes no sense.

Other then that good idea, have my support. Because i have a legendary fire bomb, and it's hard to hit with.

6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'm generally in favor of this... it's tough to justify the full 20 second exposure to increased fire damage if the player is on the outside of the radius.

I've never understood the logic behind fire bomb affecting people outside of the visible radius when mortars don't. Visible radius should be increased to match the actual effective area.

7. Miku Da Yo 39

The time that it ticks for at the very outer edge should be lowered to an amount equal to the total dmg done as of now if it ticks for 20+ seconds at the outer edge but does significantly less dmg.

Ex: ticks for 25 seconds ticking for 15 dmg per second at the outer edge.
    15 x 25 = 375 dmg

How long it should tick for should equal this.
    Timer = T
    T = 375/firebomb base dmg
    If firebomb bomb base dmg is 62 for example.
    Tick Time = 375/62
    Tick Time = 6 seconds

Last edited: 1 Feb 2018
  8. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

That is an excellent idea. I am %100 agree with you guys. Current fire bomb just ridiculously unfair. Needs to rework for sure.

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

10. Døzey

Døzey New Member

I agree duration should be determined by where you get hit in the radius

11. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

While this idea makes sense to me, I’m reluctant to support nerfing a weapon that I’ve never used, and which I don’t personally feel is ‘over’ powered.

There are lots of words I might use to discribe FB (powerful, dangerous, annoying, top-tier), but “unfair” isn’t one of them.

I think the hitbox should be fixed, and I think it’s worth too much contribution, but that’s as far as I’d go, personally.

The duration makes FB kind of useful against speeders. I play Speeder, and I only take edge damage from FB. If the duration was short I doubt I’d even notice it exists. With the longer duration, it does mean I need to hide for a bit while it burns out.

PastelPiku likes this.
  12. Miku Da Yo 39

You would notice a significant amount of dmg taken very quickly lol, I'm sure you would notice

13. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It wouldn’t be significant though. I only really ever get hit right on the edge (or even outside the edge), which often means only single figure damage each tick.

The long burn time, I notice, taking 1200+ damage from a torp or sniper, I notice. A couple of hundred damage from grazing the edge of a Mortar = I don’t really care.

Babablacksheep and PastelPiku like this.
  14. Miku Da Yo 39

Lol high dmg quickly is always better than low dmg over a long period of time. It counters bandages more effectively :) You notice less of everything at lower infamy, at 4500, even a cannon is noticeable.

PastelPiku likes this.
  15. NoTzHoNg

NoTzHoNg Active Member

Battle Bay Player
    So, it's like the frost launcher where its has full effect no matter what, but the time decreases when being closer/out of the edge

16. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

Precisely.

17. Nam_Nam

Nam_Nam Active Member

I agree that FB should be... reworked but taking out the duration totally is a bit much... I think (maybe) that it should go to a minimum of 5 seconds at the edge and the full 20 in the middle... IDK, it's up to the devs.

18. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

Yeah, 5 seconds minimum sounds good. I only used the values in the image as an example.

19. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Can we nerf firebomb so the other target circle does less than the center? Couple ideas to balance:

1.) Make it just like all mortars and explosive splash does less damage when further away from the center.
    2.) Less duration on the outer circle
    3.) Make the target radius smaller

What do you guys think?

20. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Firebomb is fine as it is,Because HP clash of brock sacrifice a lot of HP if you wish to build a good firebomb.The radius However needs work,Its irritating to get lit when you are outside the radius

Last edited: 5 Feb 2018