1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I improve my Infamy?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by SupremeCalamitas, 12 Jun 2018.

1. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    IMG_0473.PNG ok I'm really panicking. I don't get what I'm doing wrong. I have the right setup and I have skill. And yet I have less than 1300 infamy. SHIIT! what is wrong??

Pls help I have to stay in Masters I don't want to be considered noob

Rainbow Warrior and Sidd gamer like this.
  2. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    So... What's your main reason for losing matches, be as honest as possible please; I'm here to help

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  3. SupremeCalamitas

I'm trying my best but sometimes I have îdiots, floaters, or people with bad stuff as teammates. Also I get shot down very quickly, which is another problem. I do my job.

4. SupremeCalamitas

Hold on, lemme snag a replay, if it helps.

5. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

With your weapon choice, I suggest you use an over boost + nitro rather than double nitro, since nitro takes a while to recharge in lower levels, especially without training or perks. And once you use both nitros, you'll be an easy target.

6. SupremeCalamitas

I use my nitros efficiently.

Also, here's a replay. I know it's a win but there still might be spottable problems

https://replay.battlebay.net/JQCVXPMN#VJQWKBTD

And I can't do nitro OB anyway, I scrapped my T2 rare OB quite some time ago

Sidd gamer likes this.
  7. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I haven't watch the replay but I can give you some advice. An OB allows you to get around much faster than nitro as nitro is mainly for dodging. Understand the situation as you only have 2 weapons. Don't charge in without a way to retreat. Basically only appear to the enemies when you have shots available to take. You can't do a brawl against a shooter or defender, especially where their teammates are still alive. Use obstacles as your retreat or hiding places when you're on cool down. Lastly regarding your combo weapons, you don't always force to hit the combo every time. If the situation only allow 1 shot, the hit one and hide. Many lower end players made that mistake by trying to hit the combo when the time does not permit it.

Rainbow Warrior and *JAWS* like this.
  8. SupremeCalamitas

Again, I don't have a very good OB

9. SupremeCalamitas

Of course I always have a level 20 rare blast cannon I can use instead of flare gun

>400 damage dealt with blast cannon

10. SupremeCalamitas

And plus if I switch back to OB I'll have to do some hours of retraining. Not my thing.

11. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Ok, I've watched the replay, and here's what I noticed: Double nitro isn't helping you, it's actually hindering you. If you look closely, you sometimes run into walls while nitro boosting. The thing about nitro is that you perform a straight lunge in the direction you're facing, not giving you time to turn. Even though the speeder has good turning agility, those few seconds it took you to get off the wall will cost you big time, no matter what boat you use. Also, the weapons you use work best at close range, so you need to perform a hit and run tactic, meaning that you need more hp. I recommend that you use a standard shield rather than a bandage for 2 reasons.
    1. Bandages are one of those items that need a lot of crew training in order to be a viable option. (Other examples of these items are triple torpedoes and the missile launcher) And by looking at the amount of repair that your bandage deals, and the amount of time you spend away from battle, I suggest you wait until you get a good amount of bandage talents from Sinklair in order to use it.
    2. Having more hp allows you to be more aggressive and not have to run away when you get hit by a single cannon shot.

12. SupremeCalamitas

Welp, guess i have to retrain entire swift tree from nitro buffs to OB..

13. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Every great speeder has a shield.
    And then shields choices plural.

Its best early in the bay to grow them.
    And will give u alternatives if u ever grow bored of speeder.

Goodluck

14. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

You might have better luck with a Small Shield over a Bandage. I always felt that Bandage made me too vulnerable to burst damage. With a Shield you can start the game with well over 2k hp, which allows you to hang in Battle a bit longer, and cycle back to your Fixer.

I’d also suggest running your Blast instead of EC. Blast is much more powerful at your level, and it’s faster. You really need to find some decent Burn Damage perks too if you’re running Flare.

I also tend to agree that you should be using OB, it gives you a much longer burst of speed, and it stacks with Nitro, which can make you really fast and hard to hit.

The only other thing I would suggest is that you try to keep moving a bit more. Don’t wait until you see someone aiming at you. If you’ve been in the same spot for more than a couple of seconds, there IS a Sniper pointed at you, time to Nitro.

If you spot an unfriend at the start of the game (as you did in that game) don’t keep chugging along at a predictable speed. A lot of people stick Snipers in their first slot, and that’s the kind of shot they’re looking for. As soon as you see an unfriend, all the Snipers on their team can see you, so you’ve only got a second or so to make yourself hard to hit. Nitro is good, but if it’s not ready, you can also try to stop suddenly and dance a bit to throw off their shot.

15. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

Few good advice here. You need an OB. Double nitro does not do that well at any level. EC + flare is not a good option at your level for few reason. 1) your flare does not prevent healing and no bubble to burst. 2) EC cool down is too long and you don't have much fire training done to make it worth while. If you really like fire combo, you're better off with flare+blast. If you prefer EC, it goes better with cannon or sniper at your level. The advantage of sniper+EC is you only need to train Bhurt, Swift, and Brock.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. nzouF

nzouF Member

OP, you made the classic mistake that is : looking at some top player in nightmare and trying to play as if. You don't have the crew training to make that build efficient. Get that explo out and switch to some blast cannon (i would also remove that weak flare). Also, you're close to mk5 so try to get a rare big shield asap and train your crew the right way if you're focusing on speeder only.

TVNPryde likes this.
  17. Sidd gamer

Sidd gamer Active Member

i also play speeder and i like shield better then bandage
    but its also personal preference
    do you die early in battles?

18. SupremeCalamitas

19. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Focus on rare items! Epic are only worthy of your attention when you have at least 3 of the copies of the same one.
    Plus, what's your Bhurt level? Explosive cannon starts to become good on level 21...

StrictSalmon307 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  20. SupremeCalamitas

I don't have a rare t3 ex cannon