1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Hmm maybe infamy should be used in events

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by wreck your day, 12 Aug 2018.

?

Should infamy be used in some way in event matchmaking?

1. Yes

34.8%
  2. No

56.5%
  3. Same difference

8.7%
  1. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Picture_20180812_134418682.jpg
    Screenshot_20180812-123918.png
    Picture_20180812_134454597.jpg
    Picture_20180812_134527892.jpg
    Picture_20180812_134557979.jpg
    Kinda pity those guys

wshshell.run "anti_clubbing_entities.exe"

2. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Look at the captain levels of your opponents. If anything, I’d say they’re seal clubbing in ‘ranked’ and are just getting a taste of their own medicine in events.

3. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Infamy shouldn't be used in events, otherwise we legit can't try out weaker setups for variety. What should be done is another round of gearscore revamp. Make ship Mks worth less gearscore, blue items, and yellow items too. This alone will greatly improve gearscore matcmaking fairness.

4. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Fucking seal clubbers dude... you managed to beat them tho, so that's good

5. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

I think incorporating captain levels into the Events matchmaking would help a lot tbh

benguin8 likes this.
  6. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Personally I think that would remove the ability to experiment.
    I think that GS's need further refinement . And then we'd be able to make a judgement about whether the training level aspect of power score is reasonable .

envylife and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  7. STARC!!

STARC!! Member

There should be different calculations for red items and other items gearscore, so far everyone is exploiting the matchmaking by using low level items compared to red items, where weapons hold a key role in events like 2v2

8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Gear Score just needs to be better. It's really that simple. It's not there yet, but baby steps are helping.

9. enotSenO

enotSenO Active Member

I think four ships with the same GS should be selected first. And we should use infamy to divide them into balance team.

10. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

In the first one or two events, it worked similarly to that (except that it is power score, not gear score; and infamy was a final tie breaker when balancing teams). Players started manipulating their infamy (especially at start of a season) to try to get easier matchups and so infamy now plays no part in event matchmaking .

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  11. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

From what I saw this past weekend.
    I think this idea might be a good step in solving the seal clubbing issues:

-Use some type of algorithm that bases your EVENT gear score on the HIGHEST gear scored item equipped to your ship. Such as, if you are a speeder and equip a T5 Epic Explosive Cannon and Flare Gun, but your yellow items are T1 rares, then the average gear score for your weapons also gets applied to your Yellow and Blue slots. If you are a nightmare/ace1 player and want to try a new ship, you'll just have to play with lower ranked weapons that match your yellow slot items.

12. envylife

No! That's what it use to do and it resulted in massive seal clubbing. Specifically my only T5 Epic item is a Big Shield. Putting that on my boat resulted in a 1-2 level increase in MK boat opponents, and as much as 4000 gear score higher, because it started matching me with other players that had 7 T5E items.

The issue you are pointing out is that Gear Score of Yellows (and Blues) is likely too high. Should you rate a T5E shield as high as a T5E Ex Canon? I don't think so... that T5E Ex-Canon can be shot multiple times, but then Shield loses points in a single shot. Similarly a L1 Yellow Tesla Bolt or Frost item does most of what you need it to do at L1.. When you get a T5 it just freezes a little longer, so they are over-Gear Scored at higher levels. Again, it's really Gear Score itself that needs improvement, and convoluting all that with Infamy is just going to complicate the problem.

13. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I thought about that and my concern by devaluing the Yellow/Green/Blue items is that this new system will HURT shooters and benefit all other shipsbecause they have the most RED slots which will keep high gear scores(I don't play shooter personally).

As an example, lets pretend that T5 Epic RED weapons = 800 gear score per item , and T5 Epic Yellow/Green/Blue items = 400 gear score per item
    If the shooter who has 5 weapon slots @ T5 epics @ 800 gear score per item and then three blue slots @ T5 Epic items @ 400 gear score per item = 5200 gear score
    A speeder with two T5 Epics @ 800 + three T5 Epic Yellow slots @400/each + three T5 epic Blue slots @400/each = 4000 gear score

So the fictional 4000 gear score speeder will get matched with fictional 4000 gear score shooters. This would be a bloodbath, speeders and enforcers would have an even bigger advantage in event rewards.
    I agree that Yellow/Blue/Green items are not as valuable and easy to manipulate in TDM mode, but I fear this would come at the expense of Shooters.

14. envylife

That is a good point about the impact to Shooters if GS isn't balanced properly. What I do know is that Gear Score of Shields is too high, while Tesla Shield may be fine as is because unlike a Shield, it can be re-used over and over. Maybe other Blue/Yellow items are not as high as I originally implied.