1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey Rovio: Has there been any talk of adding a new league after Nightmare?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Desertwhale, 20 Apr 2018.

1. Desertwhale

Desertwhale Member

Seeing people getting 5k+ and even 6k+ means it would make sense. Maybe call it Elite? Legendary? Perhaps rewards in the range of 3 leg pieces, 5 epic pieces, 50 leg parts, 100 epic parts. Thoughts? The reason I ask is because I'm regularly in legendary now, and I feel like I'm not really working towards anything anymore.

2. Bradley Thorinsson

Bradley Thorinsson Well-Known Member

3. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
  4. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

Elite is a great idea, stick all the 5k+ in there and only reset to 5k, then us 3600+ players don’t have to encounter them every battle and get reckd :D:D:D:D

5. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

They should just do Nightmare III,II,I, like the other leagues.

Or make an entirely new league system with better rewards, that actually makes sense.

*JAWS*, #CK, craz¥burd and 2 others like this.
  6. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    The thing is, those who win the new top league will be the same people as those who win in Nightmare and if the rewards are greater, they’ll gain an even more advantage over time. I don’t think Rovio would want to create further imbalance before fixing the new-player-shit-experience issue.

7. Desertwhale

Desertwhale Member

The imbalance will only be an issue if they keep pooling 5k players with 3k players. Matchmaking would need slight adjustment but I think it can easily be done.

Evilchicken235 likes this.
  8. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Like their gear and stuff was gained from league rewards :rolleyes: But it's a beautiful thought :)

Evilchicken235 likes this.
  9. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
  10. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    What else can they do? There just isn’t that many 5k players.
    You get 1 free whole legendary per month from winning Nightmare at the very top, imagine what the reward should be for a new top league. One legendary per week? That’s a huge difference. The others would never be able to compete with them anymore.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  11. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

When you get matched against 5k+ players,they are at total disadvantage with other 4 players in their team(Lower infamy players).Lower infamy means;less teamplay 90℅ of the time.Those matches aren't as imbalanced as one might think.And new league wouldn't make a difference since the nightmare is constituted by 1℅ player base leave alone the 5K+ players
    Nightmare already has solid rewards,why would a new leagues with good rewards do any better? You are in ace league just like me.

30 legendary parts,1 legendary piece,4 epic pieces (NML) compared to 30 epic parts and 1 epic piece in ACE-1.You are already lagging behind every season by not being in nightmare.

(Legendary parts have more meaning now,since you can farm legendaries via achievements)

What needs to be done?

Improve rewards of lower leagues and make game fair for beginners.

Give players a reason to gain infamy instead of completing quests with most ridiculous combos they come up with..

#CK and Bradley Thorinsson like this.
  12. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    i believe dev have thinking about this since long ago , there's no way they didn't plan any further . they simply haven't released it yet , maybe 5k player still below requirement for new league released

13. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

That’s exactly why it would be better for 5k not to have to play lower infamy players!!!! More incentive to them. Just spend 5 minutes in VIP chat for evidence.

14. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Complain is all they do!Who cares about them complaining,And they sure as hell don't need any incentive.Its new players who need it.Most of the complains VIPs is blaming others! (Not you ofc).

And my point was matchmaking w.r.t 5K infamy is not unbalanced,then why give them further advantage by better rewards at higher leagues while also pushing goal-post away for most 90℅ of the players who haven't reach NML?

Suppose,Considering your point of view.They can balance matchmaking for 5K players(Which I think is balanced),but there is no need for extra rewards or leagues!

craz¥burd likes this.
  15. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Regarding rewards, I meant for the leagues ‘generally’, Nightmare has solid rewards, but the lower leagues aren’t really worth competing for — not that competition is even a thing. Usually, when I’ve finished #1 in a league, it has more to do with where I started, than where I finished.

For most players it’s basically a lottery, and even if you do try to legitimately compete, you’ll be up against much more advanced players ‘controlling’ thier infamy.

craz¥burd and TheAntiSnipe like this.