1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Here’s my POV of the current situation with buffs and nerfs

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Gnu, 6 Dec 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    I’ve decided to make a buff and nerf section so that the forum looks more organised and that there are the reductions of new threads. There will still be add ons. This is based off the information of the threads that have been created.

Buff list:
    - Rare Tesla Shields
    - Enforcer at MK 5
    - Rare Carronades <— My idea
    - My Ok’s <— Please take consideration
    - Triple Torps

Nerf list:
    - Sniper cannon crit damage/crit rate (1/3 of health gone)
    - Explosive cannon crit damage (3k health gone on t5 epic max)
    - Tesla bolt
    - Speeders
    - Matchmaking (Double MK 7 Defender fleeting seems fair right?)

I think there’s more I missed but who gives?

Ok

Last edited: 6 Dec 2017
    Nikkie!, Swag and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  2. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    I think that nerfing matchmaking would make it worse
    And some of you people’s screenshots make me wonder if that is even possible:eek:

3. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    I agreee with everything there except speeder and tesla bolt. Below nightmare speeder is dwarfed by shooter now. Every single update the banana boat has been nerfed. And the tesla bolt is on a tight leash now

4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Comments on nerfs:
    - I think Cannon crits are fine -- But I would remove the 1% random crapshot it has as base though.. If you want crits, then you get them by adding perks (which is a tradeoff that lowers non crit damage).
    - Likewise I dont have an issue with Tesla Bolt.. Yes its strong, but its also a skill item that requires teamplay & a smart player can find ways to be useful despite being stunned (or finds a way to break the stun when thats required).
    - I'd absolutely vote in favour of increasing Snipers base damage in return for lower crits (and/or crit chance).
    ---
    Comments on buffs:
    - Having finally recieved my first legendary & gotten Tri Torps I would obviously welcome a return to usefulness of those!
    - Agreed that rare Carronade & Tesla Shields are unimpressive! A Carronade fix could include reworking the Defense stat into usefulness (i.e. make it % based rather than -damage pr projectile)
    ---
    What I'm missing from the list:
    - Does Flare Gun really need to double as healblock & instagib setup weapon? No complaints about its damage, not so much about fire % boost either.. But those combined with drastically reducing the ability to heal is depressing from a fixer perspective.
    - A mention of the weakest class at high end! A hint, its green!

5. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Should've said nerf
    Prediction:you will reply "ok"

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I would still assassinate fixers left and right without the heal blocks imo. Fixers need a concrete, heavy buff on the higher end of the spectrum

Zerolive likes this.
  7. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

I would gladly accept those buffs. I quit playing banana boat because health at mk5 without good shield is too low.So nerf again is unacceptable.And few things you missed.
    Buff
    1. REPAIR BOLT : Seems like no one cares for poor repair bolt
    2. Repair box crit: Need some perks. It is basically a joke right now.
    3. Defender
    Nerf
    No comments.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. Zerolive

I think that is the whole point. Save fixer and the fixer will save others! Heavy buff will just make them a beast imo.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

speed up mortar shots, i travel faster than my big bertha shots half the time lol

BasedCarpen and Zerolive like this.
  10. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    @Zerolive what is your infamy level? Because maybe half of mk5 fixers and some of the mk6 fixers i see use repair bolt. And it is pretty good now, so no buff needed imo

11. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Okay

Nikkie! and What's Up Player like this.
  12. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I agree with this. Bolt is by far my favorite item for a friendly fixer to have because it can heal very quickly from a distance.

13. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Thirding. If it wouldn't make me so fragile, I'd run Pulse + double Bolt.

14. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Enforcer at mk6 Also,Expect a thread bout that soon.Just because KSA made it to No.1 with is solid gear doesnt mean ship is good.Still not happy with 2 slot weapon and bandage usage restrictions on mk6

Fin- and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. Zerolive

Mine is around 2.5k right now. And as you stated, most of the mk5 and mk6 are using repair bolt. But that is just because it is easiest to use among the healing items and considering time taken to reload and hitpoints it adds on repair, it is still quite low. All of the other green items offer self healing except repair bolt. And of course, it can heal only one ship.mk5 has 4 green slot points so it cannot equip two repair pulse. Remaining two slots can only equip one slot weapon and that is why repair bolt is used in so many ships. I believe repair bolt is used because of its distance healing, easy to use and lack of variation on the green items. I think it still lacks the healing considering the time it takes to reload. But that is just one man's opinion.:)

16. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

It only blocks repair pulse and duct tape. Not repair boxes or bolts. I like this because it's 1 step closer to Battle Bay being duct tape free :D

17. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Blocking Repair Pulse means that Fixers are desperate for selfhealing! Coupled with Pulse healing 50% already (thanks devs!), it practically shuts down my selfhealing for 18+ seconds if I get hit by a flare.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

The change to 50% was dumb enough, that's why people are selfish now and are using duct tape.

-65% and -50% self aren't too far off so I don't think that makes it a big issue. Can't really rely too much on repair pulse for heals anyways. I rely on repair boxes for my self heal when I'm low and repair pulse is a lil extra for me (my repair items aren't the best, but at least I don't use duct tape lol)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.