1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Flint, 16 Oct 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

Lately I have a hard time progressing. There are times I really play great battles and I do the most damage and make my team win. I even have people befriend me and say how well I did. But due to physical limitations there are time I just don't seem to play a decent battle at all. And combine that with the game lagging and with the new agility and I end up last on the bord, while not too long ago I ended up first, second or third.

The Enfo is too sensitive for me, but I try to get the hang of it, but mostly I use the Speeder. Here are some of my latest battles and would love to hear your opinion what you think of it.

https://replay.battlebay.net/YGZVRRGS#JFTKLVCF

https://replay.battlebay.net/SNNTLBYR#JFTKLVCF

https://replay.battlebay.net/ZJSCGLFG#JFTKLVCF

https://replay.battlebay.net/QCXTYBLX#JFTKLVCF

https://replay.battlebay.net/RYHSKRGN#JFTKLVCF

https://replay.battlebay.net/HNTSJFVP#JFTKLVCF

With the setups I have been very succesful. Many people advise me to use a Flare Gun, but everybody does that. So, I rather use something else.

Any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Flint

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Speeder probably needs to be a little bit more relentless than you are playing it. You’ve only got two guns so you really need to squeeze the absolute most out of them.

@Stelmo uses tri-Torps on Speeder, but he also uses frost launcher and Grenade, and if you watch his games, he is relentless. The utter chaos he brings to games, it makes you feel sorry for the unfriends.

@TheAntiSnipe plays a more conventional Speeder, but he is the same way: in everyones’ face, all the time, being annoying, setting people on fire, calling shots, and picking off weak targets. He is also relentless.

Speeder is not like Shooter, where you can do a bit of everything, you just don’t have the slots. You really need to focus on one thing, and do it really well.

Sniper is a long range precision weapon: Tri-Torps is more crowd control. Running them both together with Tesla Bolt just doesn’t make sense to me.

If you want to go Tri-Torps and do crowd control, then you’re better off running something like frost and a Mortar with it (maybe Ballpark), to keep the pressure on the unfriends all the time.

If you’re going long range Sniper, then I’d run something like Railgun, so that you can pick people off one at a time. You’re probably better off with double Nitro, so you are super mobile and able to keep repositioning.

Whichever weapon you pick, try to build your whole ship around it, so it’s as effective as possible, and then be relentless with it.

Last edited: 17 Oct 2018
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

The advice @ViscountSniffit has given is spot on. I'll try to add to it with some more talk about the "speeder's mentality".:D

To me, relentlessness is the inability to completely remove the words, "This shot is impossible" from your mind. It is the ability to detach yourself from the damage you're taking. It is the ability to, for one moment, become John Wick. I'll be very honest. When I'm pulling those insanely long shots with incredible point accuracy, I don't think about where I am. I don't think about anything, other than me, the wave, and the target.

However, though simple relentlessness can take you far, there's one more "R-word". That is "Resourcefulness". The ability to spot angles where lesser speeders would see obstacles. That will take you far as well. @Jumppanen is a prime example that comes to mind. I've seen him stalk targets over walls with his guns. It's absolutely no wonder to me that he's dominating the world leaderboards these days. He's the craftiest one out there.

You need a glacial sense of calm. Speeders dance the line between order and chaos. The best speeders filter out the noise of the battlefield and see the patterns therein. To do that, you need to be able to step inot the shoes of every ship. Speeders who don't know the CD of a ballpark mortar, or a TS, or a repair bolt... Guys, you need to step up your game. To put yourself in the shoes of a shooter, you need to have PLAYED shooter. Same for fixer, defender, enforcer...

You also need ONE more thing. Finally, you need judgement. Sometimes, it's bad to be relentless. Sometimes, being resourceful takes time you cannot afford to waste. Sometimes, being calm is not a necessity. You need to tell those cases apart.

Anti out;)

Aether_Zero and Flint like this.
  4. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for your reply!

I will respond later, because I have a very tough day today.

Regards,
    Flint

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

I also ... Almost everyone uses some kind of incendiary weapon, so I'd rather use something else instead of FG. I only use FG in enforcer when I'm doing some mission.

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I use a double blast build on a speeder, it's pulled me out of SO MANY clutch games where a flare would've failed me.

7. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

Yep... FG is a great weapon, but progressive damage sometimes is discouraging.

Is 50/50, sometimes save the game, sometimes no.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for your thorough replies. I really appreciate your help!

I will try out different tactics and weapons. Looking back, I was too careful and stayed too far behind. It is harder to escape now since the update from Shooters and Defenders. Which made it harder for me to launch a suprise attack close by the enemy. The lagging which I experience lately and my reaction speed, which is heavily influenced by my health, does not make it easier. But it is what it is and I just see if I can keep on going. I am still hoping we can get the option to use a controller, which would make my life a lit easier in BB.

If you have any battles for me to learn from, please share them.

Here a nice battle, where I was lucky to have a great Fixer:
    https://replay.battlebay.net/FHQNBBWF#JFTKLVCF

Thanks again :).

Kind regards,
    Flint

Last edited: 18 Oct 2018
    Kingmarshy likes this.