1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Me

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jimbot, 20 Jul 2018.

1. Jimbot

Jimbot Well-Known Member

Hi guys, so as some of you may know, I am a defender (Because someone needs to represent these guys). I recently got to mk5 and upgraded my defender first and then my speeder. I can't play fixer as I have no items, enforcer isn't fast enough for me, and I don't like the whole double bubble strategy. I'm not upgrading shooter because while I enjoy playing it, and there are great shooters out there, I feel that playing tends to lead to spamming, and I prefer to make the most out of each and every shot. I ask for help because I don't know what boat to play. I'm a good defender (Not to brag), and I pushed up 200 infamy the day I got it, and another 200 the next day. However, I've found speeder more interesting and challenging, which I like. Unfortunately I don't deal anywhere near as much damage with speeder as I do with defender, and I dropped all of the infamy I gained while trying to learn it. So do I go with the higher challenge, or what I am better at playing? Thanks for your help.

super_sonic181 and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'd say keep experimenting and go with what is more fun to you regardless of anything else.

Well there is an exception for me: While I like Speeder I don't play it much because it hurts my thumb trying to control the movement on a touch-screen. :)

Flint likes this.
  3. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I play Speeder as well, but have very sore hands. I so wished they come up with an option to steer via a controller. Although my hands hurts with a Shooter too, playing with two thumbs on a screen is far from ideal. I am afraid I won't be able to keep on playing much longer. I now play 3 battles in a row and that 3 to 5 times a day.

ShipCrusherCz and NeptuneGaming like this.
  4. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

You can practise your Speeder skills in the Events, without losing Infamy. I general a Speeder does less damage, but lately I have had quite a few battle where I passed 10000 damage,,which I rarely got with my Shooter. So, it is possible!

TheAntiSnipe and Jimbot like this.
  5. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    bruh! :eek::rolleyes:
    playing with 2 thumbs is NORMAL for mobile shooter games

try playong fortnite mobile with claws (6 fingers)
    well, i do, at least, (dont call me a dragon :p:oops::rolleyes:)

and even if you do use controller, you would still be using 2+ fingers. :rolleyes:;):confused:

6. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Because it is common, does not mean it is nice to play with your thumbs! It limits you and thousands of mobile games have the option to play with a controller.

So, nothing weird there. Plus Rovio will open up a new market for PC as well if they would make it.

Yes with a controller you use still two fingers, but read first. I have sore hands and a controller is less painful to play with for me :)

Last edited: 20 Jul 2018
    Spinners71 and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  7. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

I started with defender, after I got to NML I wanted to use speeder after being so slow for so long, but I had no good yellow items and to this day I cannot confidently play at NM with any boat using yellow items...

So I use shooter now and it works well but I am spamming for sure just sending torps into common pathways and such by that itself Is a change of pace from constantly hitting one target accurately like I did on my defender..

While I do love the speeder, and as hard as it it to use, I would say that enforcer or fixer will actually end up giving me that “closer to defender” feel that I am craving, but I won’t have those built for some time.

8. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    of couse!;)

rovio would release a game thats not fully developed enough!:rolleyes:
    plus, i dont think their sales are very good, look who buys seome parts and sugar for 28 $:rolleyes:
    thousands of games? hmph! some games are ripoff of others.:rolleyes:
    and just because you use thumbs to play doesnt mean that you cant still play games :rolleyes:

9. envylife

Same... joysticks and buttons on joysticks can make your fingers sore as well, but at least there's give on a joystick.

10. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    If you want to experiment, please do it in events. That way you can practice with no risk of being reported or losing infamy. Just a suggestion

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. envylife

I don't tend to use Torps or Mines just because it feels like spamming. In my Shooter I never feel like I'm spamming because everything is directed at a particular player, in a particular order, for a particular reason. I suppose one can spam multiple mortars but at least those are directed at something with high likelihood to hit.

12. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I can't help u, I am Ultimately Selfish.

Play ur Def and at the same time keep all Speeder related item.

When ur confident enough to play speeder than go for it.

Good luck.

Btw do the same for Fixer, it's the only ship with multi role capabilities.

Come to the duct side!!!

13. Jimbot

Jimbot Well-Known Member

I've considered that seriously, but I have no duct tapes. I have a great sniper, small shield, and overboost, but I lack the most integral part.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  14. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    You can still get reported, even when not in events

15. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I thought you couldn't get reported. Doesn't affect anyone's infamy.

16. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

It's depend on how famous u are.

I was so selfish ly famous that I got ban for 2 weeks.

No issues.

Stop playing n come back after the ban is gone.

ShipCrusherCz and Kurd1stan. like this.
  17. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Try wishing for repair box, u will get duct tape.

I wished for duct but got box instead.

Good luck.

ShipCrusherCz, NoTtIaN and Jimbot like this.
  18. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

There is no need to spend money in the game, that is why their sales might be not as good. I know people who spend hundreds and did not find the things they were looking for, but I know people who never bought anything and got an legendary weapon within 200 battles I guess it was.

And an epic turbo for 49.99 dollar. I need 4 more, so that would set me back 200 dollars for one item! I am not sure who is going to buy one. For that much money I can buy a second hand PS3 with 10 games. The prices just don't make sense. new players get offers which are factor 20 cheaper than long term players. For 4.99 you get a rare or an epic blast cannon, epic shield and 8 or 10 epic containers and a level 20 player has to play 49.99 dollar for just one turbo?

Better to sell 10.000 epic turbo for 4.99 dollar, than 50 for 49,99 dollar or whatever gear.

I am not against spending money in a game, but I do want to know what I buy, but these prices are just too much. Which I have said before. And I think more people would spend money if it was not for those aweful I don't know what is in the crate things.

They could charge money for pimping up your ship, I am sure many people would want to do that.

So, some games are rip off, what does that has to do with this topic?

Why do you think I play 3 battles in a row and not more? Just think about it for a moment, because of my hands (and back).

Last edited: 21 Jul 2018
    ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  19. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Lol battle bay isn't as bad as some games believe it or not! Lol
    A 4 star Titan in my last game cost $160 au in my last game lol and ya still ran a very good chance that rng would screw you on its skills so possibly getting a dud ya can't use effectively in the more competitive leagues lol

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  20. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Pure greed, but this greed can bite these companies in the rear.

Cavy likes this.