1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP. Any screen recorder for iOS?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JustinBeaver, 20 May 2017.

1. JustinBeaver

JustinBeaver Member

i cannot seem to find a reliable and preferably free screen recorder for iOS. Does anyone know of one please?

2. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

wish I could help...I'm an android user.

My S7 has a built-in game tool program to record video so I use it to record and then download programs to edit them...hope someone can help ya.

3. Sam1

Sam1 New Member

Sorry I cannot help the OP, but I just have to say that if you're an Android user, please do your self a favor and use some of the awesome screen recorder apps available on gplay.
    My favorite is DU recorder, it records flawlessly up to 1400p resolution!

The S7's built in tool is a nice feature but the quality of tbe recording is really bad.

4. rlxgenerate

It records in 720p...which is fair enough imo. the last thing I want to do is bog my phone down with 2 videos because they're in UHD...lol. But I'm with you. I may look into getting a different program. It's just super convenient to record with my phone tools.

5. Never0dd0reveN

Never0dd0reveN Member

Sadly, there are no free recording apps on iphone. I found that out with pvzheroes from a friend who i was pushing az record on.

I too have an s7, so i couldn't check myself; but he's a pretty thorough guy and found nothing free.

Wish i had better news for you.

rlxgenerate likes this.
  6. rlxgenerate

That might just be apple not wanting people to "record" their secrets on the iOS system. sucks. I'm sure someone has developed something and apple wouldn't approve it.

7. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

Google iOS screen recorder. There are some you can get from third party websites on the internet. None are really free though

8. rlxgenerate

Just checked out DU...it looks good...I think I'll switch to it...
    Now my next problem...freeing up space on my phone so I can begin to record 1080p videos...this is turning out to become a bigger problem than I had planned for. LoL...
    Thanks for the tip though @Sam1

Sam1 likes this.
  9. The War Net

The War Net Member

You can also purchase a Capture Card (Which is similar to a MHL cable) that connects to your phones charge port and turns it into an HDMI cable so you can cast it to your PC for easy recording. If you're not trying to do the professional set-up for making Videos, I'd recommend purchasing one through the Apple Play store, any video recorder will work for capturing your screen. If you can get AZ Screen Recorder for iOS it allows for you to write on your screen to draw attention to certain areas, as well as record your face cam as well for Video in Video screen recordings.

10. JustinBeaver

JustinBeaver Member

Thank you guys I have done lots of research online, but no prominent and reliable one like az recorder(only android). I bought Vidih for $4, but I'm unable to listen to the sounds when I'm playing and recording at the same time though the recorder does capture sounds in the video.

Also, the video turns out laggy even in 540p quality, is this normal for your recorders too?

11. The War Net

The War Net Member

For iOS, you may want to try https://www.movavi.com/support/how-to/mac/screen-recorder-for-ios.html

12. rlxgenerate

I wouldn't use the word laggy for 540p. Grainy maybe...but not laggy. Shouldn't be laggy. If it's laggy, then there's something wrong w/ the program recording it and how it's recording. I'd recheck the settings on your program. If the game play isn't laggy, check your program.

13. DLCoates1

DLCoates1 New Member

Not sure if posting links is allowed or not, if not feel free to message me to edit or edit the message for me.

To the OP: https://emu4ios.net/ use the app called AirShou. Fair warning, as long as the bar next to it is green, then it won't have problems. Right now (as of this post) the bar is red. Also, once a week you will have to reinstall it due to iOS updates revoking its signature.

JustinBeaver likes this.
  14. JustinBeaver

JustinBeaver Member

Thank you so much! So I would have to monitor it often for the period the bar turns green?

15. JustinBeaver

JustinBeaver Member

Sadly, it is laggy, like the frame of the recording freezes intermittently and nothing I can do about the settings. I guess I gotta find another one

16. rlxgenerate

Easy solution...go android...:)

The Otherguy and Gina Adrson like this.
  17. Raissa tito safaraz

Raissa tito safaraz Active Member

Wrong place bro, post it on out of topic section! Btw i am also looking for video recorder on ios. But look! Mobile gamers on youtube using ipad and they use screen recorder

18. rlxgenerate

1) Wrong place? What do you mean?
    2) IPad Youtubers use MHL to connect to a PC and use a streaming program to capture and edit.

19. Alina Jetly

Alina Jetly New Member

Last edited: 27 Jun 2017
    Gina Adrson likes this.
  20. rlxgenerate

Nice...glad iOS has a way to do it now.