1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Help a new fixer : some questions

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Ewouna, 12 May 2017.

1. Ewouna

Ewouna Member

Hi everyone , first let me apologize for my language ( English isn't my native language ...)

I'm in love with the Fixer and should be playing it for most of my battlebay career,
    Current setup :
    Captain 11 : Fixer Mk1 (soon to be Mk2 in 20 hours)
    Rare Cannon (10) / Uncommon Pulse (10) / Rare Bandage (6)
    (Inventory image below)

Taking these informations in consideration :

- What is the most valuable item i can buy in the shop with gold ?
    Blue / Purple part ? All of them ? Which colors ?
    Green / Blue / Purple scrap ?
    Something else ?

- What should i save my perls for ? (Currently spending all into inventory slots)
    Keep upgrading inventory ? To what extend ? (Currently next buy = 480 perls)
    Buy 400 chest ?
    Save up for 3000 epic item ? Cannon ? Pulse ?

- Should i buy the "special offer" , are these common ? Do they swap often ? ( See image below)
    Is this one specially good for me ? Should I wait for a new one ? ( Considering I already have the item for crafting uncommon light shield to level 20)

- Related to previous question should i swap my rare bandage to an uncommon light shield ? Considering I currently run a 775 hp ship (quite low in 1000 + rating I play )

- What are those arrows (" I " , " II " or " III" ) in the League section (see image below) ?

Thanks a lot for your answers !
    Keep fixin' !

WaitndSee aka Ewouna

Attached Files:

Last edited: 12 May 2017
  2. Talzi

Talzi New Member

I play with mk4 fixer in over 2000 infamy and I play with this setup: blast cannon, overboost, pulse, box launcher, turbo and bandage(going to switch to a turbo or shield when get a good one.
    Firstly, the gold spending. I think you should buy rare or epic item pieces, the colours you have most use for(I buy right now only green and sometimes blue). And parts are always good thing to spend gold if you want to upgrade your items.
    Then the pearls. I save for 3800 pearls box right now. I think it is the most worth it way to spend pearls if you are free to play. You should not use them for an epic item. It's not worth it. But if you need more inventory slots, buy them then. I buy them only if I really need them.
    I think that the special offer is worth it if you want to spend money to this game. I have played this game for like three months and this is the first special offer I have seen(could be like that, because this game went available inernationaly just a while ago). And I think, that best blue items to fixer are shield and turbo(because then you can go faster to places, where your teammates need help).
    The I:s and II:s tell you, which league and which level of the league you go with that infamy, when the season ends.

There was some answers to your questions :))

Ewouna likes this.
  3. Ewouna

Ewouna Member

Thanks a lot for the reply.
    Recently upgraded to mk2 and the overboost feels really nice. Don't know if I wanna swap to a blast cannon or sniper so soon tho.
    Finally bought the offer, don't plan to be spend more money in the game anything soon but I think it is a decent way to reward the devs for a game I enjoy playing.
    Swapped for the blue light shield which i think is the best thing for me atm.
    I think I'll follow your color choice for the shop (I feel discouraged buying the red ones considering the probability of having something you need :/)
    For the league can I only go up one league each season ? I plan to be 1300+ at least in a week ( currently at 1219 thanks to the mk2 <3 )
    Will I be placed in Master III or Challenger I ? (Currently Challenger II)
    Take care fellow fixer :)

4. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

I recently became an mk4 fixer. As an mk3 fixer my infamy high was 2300.
    My items are (lvls at the end of mk3):
    lvl20 rare cannon / lvl20 rare sniper cannon (Of all the weapons I've tried, I like these two the best equally, just better at different times in the battle. Still need to try tritorps and napalm)
    lvl10 rare overboost (had lvl20 uncommon for a long time and it was just fine, I can't imagine swapping out my overboost because it such a key to my survivability)
    lvl20 rare repair pulse
    lvl20 rare repair box
    lvl20 rare turbo (must to keep up with friendly ships to heal)
    Added at mk4 a lvl20 rare light shield (I don't think I would use bandage but I might consider another turbo here instead)

-If you are going to buy an epic it should probably be repair pulse but I save my pearls for 3900 box.
    -I would use shield over bandage for sure because you have pulse / box to heal yourself.Burst damage is what kills you and shield is better for that.
    -Look at the color in the line and the number in the arrow. Challenger gray / Warrior Green / Master blue / Chaos purple / Nightmare yellow
    You will be Warrior 1 next season at your current infamy.

Ewouna likes this.
  5. Captanpussy

Captanpussy New Member

What about Frost blaster? I have epic and i use sometimes its rly good for team play. Before i dont use cannon only mines xD
    And tesla shield only protect me or my teammate too?

Attached Files:

6. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

I think for sure frost blaster can work especially if your team is well coordinated. Perhaps if you fleet with a ship that compliments it like high damage torpedos on frozen targets.

Mines are kind of iffy to me because a) they are best if you control the area of the map you fight in and with fixer you have to follow your teammates most of the time. b) I think they are only effective as MAIN weapon if your mines do massive damage which basically means your mine is probably overleveled for your opponents and you should be higher infamy with a better setup. Any weapon looks good when its 1-2 shotting opponents. For instance, my team just fought a 9k hp defender using two slots for mines that did >2k damage:eek: My team killed the rest of his team off as he wasn't in a position to help them most of the match and then killed him. He probably should have won the game single handedly with his item levels.

If it works for you by all means:) I choose overboost because I am fighting against players that 2-3 shot me and need it to survive.