1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

HCTDM Loadouts

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Redneck Messiah, 5 Feb 2019.

1. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Hey everyone! So Rovio is going to keep cramming HCTDM down our throats... but I still want my interceptor levels! So I've started trying to play it. As one of the most outspoken anti-HCTDM voices on these forums, I figured I'd make my setups known to players who (like me) suffer from a lack of blue items and/or a dislike of the mode's mechanics.

speeder hctdm 1.jpg
    This speeder setup is my normal speeder build for ranked and casual. This is my main ship and loadout, so I almost always bring it out first and can single-spawn HCTDMs with ease, even without a fixer.
    shooter hctdm 2.jpg
    This shooter is my backup build in case I die as a speeder. The red items comprise my standard long range shooter build, with the blue items shuffled a bit because my normal shooter blues are occupied by the speeder. I do usually bring this one out second if/when I die, but I have opened with it to see how it does and I can single-spawn with it, as long as I don't take stupid risks.
    fixer hctdm 3.jpg
    This selfish fixer is my last resort. Usually, I only pull this guy out on the rare occasion that I've died with both my speeder and shooter, and need a good build where I probably won't die again and be stuck with unorganized crap for items. Thankfully, that hasn't happened yet :). The red items are similar to my main fixer build, except it's been moved from dual snipers to backup sniper/standard torp. The overboost and three tapes (94, 92, and 79 heals) allow me to survive nearly anything by peeking to shoot and taking cover if I'm hit, much like a long-range reaper. The blue items are also spares, as the shield/turbo I normally prefer are on my speeder. Like the shooter, I did open with it to test its performance... it is single-spawnable as long as I don't take stupid risks.

2. Redneck Messiah

That's my build... Feel free to share your own! I'm sure a lot of us need some loadout help, especially on our backups.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I actually kept my rare bandage/small/and legendary BS, so I can equip a couple boats of blue items... at sub-par levels, but it's better than nothing.

But let's face it, does it even matter what you bring to battle when matchmaking is RNG? You get an OP team, your teamates will win it for you... your opponent is OP, you're dead no matter what you do. Matchmaker has no way to make it fair as we don't have to tell it what boats we are going to be using.

Sidd gamer and ViscountSniffit like this.
  4. Redneck Messiah

Truth hurts. Matchmaking is painful... all you can do is put in effort and hope RNGesus was kind

5. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

I have a foolproof way of surviving HCTDM. Don't play.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

My load out is simple,
    DON'T BRAWL Unnecessarily.

Its work 80% of my gameplay.

I survive using only 1 ship.

7. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I decided to give this HCTDM event a go just single spawning my shooter and this seems to be working for me...
    Screenshot_20190205-122825_Battle Bay.jpg
    Just my basic cannon heavy build for guild quests.
    Screenshot_20190205-122839_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20190205-122857_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20190205-122920_Battle Bay.jpg

Attached Files:

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    Unequipped all . you don't need to respawn just play with one good boat or keep two good boats . don't spend your resources on multiple boats . just focus on your speeder make it more powerful .

TheAntiSnipe and Sewah like this.
  9. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    thats same for ranked battles don't play it at all

10. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

I usually play ranked when the HCTDM events are on... Seems like all the idiot players flock to the events, leaving the ones who know what team work is to play ranked lol

11. Mr.Safranek

Mr.Safranek Active Member

Thats mine ... IMG_20190205_220310.jpg IMG_20190205_220331.jpg IMG_20190205_220353.jpg