1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Quests... Dern them!

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by fr4nk1yn, 14 Dec 2017.

1. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

We keep getting a Corronade challenge on board 3. The problem is as a whole we don't have corronades!
    One member does but that's not enough to completer a board 3 quest. At out level it's not like we can buy even an epic and take it to lvl 10 to compete.

Ideas on how to deal with this quest, It's stopped momentum in 3 rivalries.

Ultrah and The Otherguy like this.
  2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Is corronade a new item?

TheFixer27 likes this.
  3. fr4nk1yn

Might as well be cause we don't have 'em!

4. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

I mean I'm not sure how good they are but if you really want the quest done try these:
    1. Tell members of your guild to level up a carronade... they don't need to retrain their crew or anything(they probably don't even need perks...) you just need a carronade that can do enough damage at your level... Yea they may lose some infamy but the more members contributing to the quest the less each member needs to contribute in order to finish it... If less members contribute to the quest then those members are gonna have to do more battles in order to get the damage... while if your whole guild worked on it each member would probably have to lose only a few games this way no one is dropping hundreds of infamy for a quest...
    2. Recruit more carronade players, you probably don't want to kick good members or pass up a good player so you have space but if your guild has space you can try recruiting carronade players...

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

We've had the same Carronade issues as well.... they need to reduce the damage requirements to make it realistic. Sure if this is a high infamy guild there will be some decent carronades, but under 3k no one runs carronade, and giving those quests means a guaranteed rivalry loss that week.

TheFixer27 and fr4nk1yn like this.
  6. Poupichou

Poupichou Member

In our guild, there is only one player (1300 infamy) with carronade. Rare20 + epic10. Result : 400k quest done.

I would like, as guild master, to have the opportunity to change 1 guild quest/x hrs (as it's possible for daily quest). But, not implemented yet.

w@x and TheFixer27 like this.
  7. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

@Zeus Please read this (and other similar posts).
    Some of those specific weapon quests (for the bad weapons noone in a Nightmare guild has leveled) is making us bring lvl 10/20 weapons into games where that is a massive hindrance to your teams odds of winning.

These specific weapon quests are disrupting the core gameplay experience and makes it worse.
    My suggestion? Replace the weapon specific quests with something that can be done during normal playing, fx;
    - Do x damage with a group of weapons (Cannons/torpedoes/mortars/Burn damage etc).
    - Make use of the highlights (get x Nice Shot, etc)

8. fr4nk1yn

That't the thing. At our level we'd need something like a t3.
    Should we have some leveled up? Maybe. But the carronade isn't a liked weapon, suited to most ships, or playing styles.

I just kicked a bunch of inactives. We have room but recruiting is competitive now. People are dedicated to their guild or they're puddle jumpers.
    We took a bunch of infamy hits already on weapons like the long range mortar and have just come back up. So that's a hard one.

9. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

The guild recruitment section might help you just make sure to specify you need someone who uses carronade...

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  10. jfcliche

jfcliche Member

I agree that the carronade (like many other weapons) doesn't fit well with any ship or playing style, but that's a part that I actually like about those quests. I often read, on this forum, rants about how a nerf "has penalized my style of play" and threads in which it is advised to everyone to "find which weapons fit your style". But why should it always work that way ? Adapting your style to a new weapon, and not the other way around, can be fun too and make you a better player in the long run. At least I have fun doing it. Am I the only one ?

As for the infamy loss, we do have trouble with carronade quests in my guild, and completing them DEFINITELY comes with an infamy cost for most of us, but we just agreed that it is a short term cost for a long term (bigger) gain. If you stop using a weapon that is weak or unfit for your ship, eventually you'll get back at your natural infamy level. And if, on top of that, you make your ship better because you gain more waffles, then in the long run, you'll get back all the lost infamy points and then some.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  11. fr4nk1yn

I have. We've picked up a member that's been a great asset.

Rinse & Repeat likes this.
  12. Kitterini

Gl finding a guildless Nightmare player with a leveled Carronade :)

Suppose we could do as the cool kids & recruit lowlevel players so our total infamy drops and we get into lowbie ravalries :)
    ---
    These quests might seem fine for lower ranked play, but running lvl 10 (20/30) weapons in a sea of t5 epics is hopeless. Its so hopeless that even the #1 from last season happily loses on purpose after eating 50 Mortar shots from his guildmates. When a player striving for world #1 happily throws a game, something should probably be reconsidered.

The only way to level a specific weapon fast is to spend hefty $$$, which is sadly why I expect the current system to remain unchanged :(

Last edited: 16 Dec 2017
  13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Im not one to play by(or against) the rules simply because of rewards. Nightmare players of all people should understand. Something you worked your ass off for(infamy) is not above a measly 42k tokens of crap. Guild quests, if anything, are slowly turning into a hindrance for progression because of what they make people do due to guild pressure.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  14. Kitterini

For 90% (if not more) of Nightmare players infamy doesnt matter. You get the same reward for anything from 5k (if not 5.5k) and below. Heck outside of the top 10 the rewards cant compete with the amazing loot raffle.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Looks like the raffle update is now catering to Nightmare only. Haven't gotten a single epic from the raffle in forever xD.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  16. fr4nk1yn

that was part of the reason I purged all the inactive players right before the start of the new rivalry.

17. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

While I accept it’s annoying, i run a carronade on a fixer in the 3.2-3.6k range. I have put a lot of time and effort in levelling it and removing it would leave me always having to run different weapons to assist in guild quest and my main weapon would never come up. Granted we have got stuck a bit on the 1.5m damage quest right now, but I don’t think it should be removed by the ban everything brigade. For us napalm is the killer we should remove that instead :p
    But seriously if your guild keeps getting stuck on one quest everyone should chip in. Everyone in our guild is levelling the item that cause us issues. We don’t particularly enjoy those quests but you have to pull through as a team. Eventually they should be easier.

Disguised likes this.
  18. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Same here. Last quest on the very hard board was a Carronade quest and now we’ll end the season in 2nd place.

19. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

Well if you manage to finish it the whole team gets 12k token as a bonus. I am sure your fixer is doing a great job trying to finish it. Hopefully he has the help of an enforcer and speeder also doing a huge push to complete it. If they do it, they should all get a massive pat on the back, and song shall be sung about them! :D hehehe

Ultrah likes this.
  20. w@x

w@x Member

That would be awesome! And not OP. Every guild has their tough weapons, ours would be carronades triple torpedos and rockets.