1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Quest Exploit

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Stebbi, 9 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stebbi

Stebbi Developer

Design Lead
    To Stebbi,

Hello. This is TheAntiSnipe. I've chosen this outdated thread as my means to make one last letter to you. Now I know that my MVP rights will probably be rescinded after this, but hey.

Now, I appeal to you as a developer of the game we all love passionately. Don't just cut all ties with your community, it will only spell disaster. As a programmer myself, I do know how attached we all get to the work we do, and I believe that designing something like Battle Bay was definitely something every one of you at the devteam did with passion. And a community of players interested in helping the devs goes a long way in helping out. Communities help pinpoint bugs, balances and in general, help the game grow.

I'm not going to make any tall demands, I'm just going to ask that one direct line, at least, remains open. Communication is paramount to game longevity even in a reduced form.
    And that, in some measure, MODs come back. Chats are more toxic due to lack of real-time oversight. Monitoring of the Mods can be done once or twice a week so it doesn't pull on too many resources.

We can talk on Discord about this if you have to rescind my MVP rights, my tag is TheAntiSnipe#2508.

Anti out!

Last edited by a moderator: 7 May 2019
  2. That Speeder

That Speeder Member

You care about your business but not about the 42000 tokens I lost right? Any update, ETA? Nothing! Fix that first!

Antony, Ravindra Singh and TheFixer27 like this.
  3. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Just please do not do some sort of blanket rollback. I just paid a lot to evolve my Legendary Sniper and Railgun to T5s. So keep that in mind. Some of us do things the right way.

4. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Yes! Thank you devs! All hail forum power!

Mr. Chompers and The Otherguy like this.
  5. ThatBoiVonte

ThatBoiVonte New Member

THey should only be punished if they do it after the warning because to be honest it’s not our fault

TheFixer27 and MJL like this.
  6. Baraba$

Baraba$ Member

I totally agree with u,they must not put the blame to the players coz they only used an alternative strategy to farm tokens

SHOCK.WAVE likes this.
  7. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

All those cheaters rocking their weapons with epic perks from exploit and mine isn't even equipped with rare ones completely. Why does railgun perk appear in shop so often?

8. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

At first this game was pay 2 win. Some might say that this loophole made the game play 2 win.

You can play the game for months without ever seeing an epic perk in the shop. And you can play like 10000 matches and still don't have enough gold to upgrade your ships and items. So the hopping is partly the developers fault as well. You can play this game several hours a day without seeing any progress at all, how is that fun? Players have used this hopping method because the devs themselves made this game almost impossible to progress.

Have you guys seen how active this game has been since the update? That's because you could actually make some decent progress for a change.

Imagine the amount of players battle bay will lose if they remove people's stuff... Less people playing means less income for them.

9. Guil23

Guil23 New Member

Well just prevent anyone joining a guild during the rivalry from participating to the quests until the next rivalry.
    I think it's the most efficient solution.
    Oh, and don't forget to adapt quests so that guilds can actually complete them with their members and don't need other players ;-)

10. Jujujuan

Jujujuan Active Member

Tons of gold, pieces, perks and pearls. Really unfair.

Hardcore likes this.
  11. Lutto

Lutto New Member

If the exploit is one. Of those :

1_ have 2 guilds, one with one member and the other with all, when the rivaling comes, all members of the main guild go for the second which will fight ghost guilds and win, next. Rivaling they invert or
    2_ create fake accounts so you can win quests easily, there's a easy way to fix that. Block any new members who joined the guild after the rivaling starts to score points in the quests. Easy. As. It sounds

12. Lutto

Lutto New Member

But i say the same as the others, the game is almost impossible to evolve as f2p, those rich dudes lile Bunta who paid to win get a lot of stuff as we get nothing. The epic perk price is umpayable for most and they rarely appear.

Bibek likes this.
  13. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Lol no. Exploiting is not the devs' fault, it's the fault of the people doing it. When something is clearly unintended, and you are gaining an amount of rewards that clearly is not normal, yet you keep doing it, you deserve a ban. A roll back would be mild punishment.

14. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

When you abuse an obviously unintended flaw to give yourself an unfair advantage you should expect it to have consequences. Obviously they cant let cheaters keep thousands of pearls, countless epic perks, millions of gold and legendaries. You decided to bet on getting away with it, glad to see them take a stance against exploiters.

15. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

Finally, glad to see some proper announcement. As others have said, it might take a lot of work but doing individual investigations instead of a large server rollback is the better choice. I too personally wouldn't want to be reset while playing fair this entire time.

As for everyone else expecting to get away with it, shouldn't have exploited in the first place regardless of reason and hopefully you get a just punishment for blatant abuse.

tgtv, Syla5, Hardcore and 2 others like this.
  16. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

Finally! And thank you!
    (I also hope you realize that posting this message on Friday would have severely reduced both the problem and amount of salt in the community)

Last edited: 9 Oct 2017
    Felipowski, tgtv and Dobson like this.
  17. Lutto

Lutto New Member

You clearly don't know the exploit

18. Lutto

Lutto New Member

Also... Why the fuc# napalm quest? No one kills with that weapon

19. Ajt

Ajt New Member

Good stuff just a quick question my son has an account its on his own phone and sim card now he is apart of my guild now as we were beaten by a team with 8 little accounts and he is helping out will his account be deleted for being in our guild or cause its his own phone are we ok ????

20. Gunne_r

Gunne_r New Member

V.gud!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.