1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Guardian Tips and Strategies

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by SeaNavy, 4 Dec 2018.

?

Which is the better lifeguard?

1. Fixer

83.3%
  2. Guardian

16.7%
  1. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Since it's the first day it was released, there's not much to it, but here are some tips and strategies I learned while playing the Guardian.

1. Fleet/stick with a fixer
    As a guardian, if you fleet with a fixer, this creates an amazing combo. While the guardian reduces the damage teammates take, the fixer heals the teammates, and this is practically unstoppable under the right circumstances. The guardian can use cleanse pulse to get rid of flare effect, so that fixer healing heal more. The guardian can also use the shield to keep the fixer alive, while the fixer keeps the guardian alive in return. The guardian can also use the defense aura to intercept the damage while the fixer heals the guardian, which is an effective way of keeping everyone alive.

2. Defense wall can sometimes block mortars
    The defense wall provides protection from airbone projectiles in front of you. However, in certain circumstances, you defense wall can also block mortars. You can achieve this by going to the center of the mortar while you are on a downhill wave, so that the wall faces upwards and blocks the mortar. There is also another, riskier strategy: just try to position your shiled at the center of the mortar whichever way the wave is and hope that the mortar hits the shield. This works about half the times for me, but the other half of the time, I get bullseyed, so attempt it at your own risk lol.

3. You can't be a guardian if you're not willing to be the spearhead of the team
    This is kind of self explanatory, I hope.

Hope this helped.
    I'm not very good at writing guides, but better something than nothing.
    Comment some other strategies you found.

Last edited: 4 Dec 2018
    Fiorell likes this.
  2. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

I would think reaper + guardian would be a better overall combo than fixer + guardian, provided that the reaper was combat medic and not selfish. You get the healing benefits of reaper plus more firepower. As soon as someone in my guild gets a decent guardian I'll try it and report back.