1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Grenade: Help me!

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by TheAntiSnipe, 3 Jul 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Hey, guys, I combined a grenade a few days ago, and many of you who might know this, but I'll say it, my advanced grenade game is CRAP.

However, I've been learning a lot about it on my speeder lately, and this is what I work with currently:
    1. Low CD: The grenade's low CD makes it a reliable burst attack tool in close combat and especially against clusters.
    2. The sneaky 180° : Any ship other than a speeder can be an unsuspecting victim of a 'nade from inside
    3. Speeder gapfinding: You have to find a gap to slip through a speeder's defences and NOT miss to get the shot right.
    4. NO FLICKS: The grenade is a projectile weapon and flicks are limited, as I realized to my horror in my first CQC encounter with it. Any tips on leading fast(maybe with First Person replay) will be appreciated.
    5. Movement control: I plugged a fixer nice and easy with this, he was moving into cover and I put a 'nade behind him, making him stop and exposing him for a fatal blow. Again, movement manipulation tips will be appreciated!

Well, that's all I can do for now. May I add that chaining it with rudder feels AWESOME?

I'm gonna experiment with frost nade one day, I think it can be pretty nice. But ofc, anyone having experience with frost nade can help me... Thanks!

2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Watch BDZ and JFK. No better Speeders with Grenades.

The biggest thing I'm learning with Grenade is use the arc and travel time to your advantage. Stay behind waves, cover, angled corners, etc.

3. TheAntiSnipe

Yeah, but I think I need a lot of practice in leading shots blindly. I never thought grenade would allow me to HANDLE my speeder better, but it did! The large FOV helps a lot!

4. TheAntiSnipe

Also, I was just going to go watch some bdziryan, I'll go and take a look

5. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Grenade is a weapon which just gets stronger and stronger as you complete more training. I started using it a few weeks ago and I love it now.

Maps with large central pillars or obstacles that I used to hate are no longer so dreaded. It’s definitely improved my infamy. Great against TS’s too as you can get splash damage.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Training is everything with the grenade. That fire damage can almost double your damage. It's also very important to go get the additional range from the other crew members.

7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I've got a Grenade in line behind a few other items for evolution... and some training. My early game experience with Grenade wasn't all that great. I hope to get there some day. :)

8. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Time to max your dr buzz

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

Well ysl alone destroyed a whole team with those..

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

Guys I'm really feeling the OPness now. The grenade is just awesome, for all those shots you wish you could get but couldn't with normal point damage. I'm putting everything else on back burner and focusing on grenade and Isak training for now:)

wreck your day likes this.