1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Give Me Guild Wars or Give Me Death...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Bomby McBombface, 11 Jul 2017.

?

Should Guild Wars Be the Next Game Priority?

1. Yes!

70.0%
  2. No, other issues are more important (state in comments)

40.0%
  3. Are you serious? Matchmaking is perfect as is!

5.0%
  4. Why are you ripping on Johnny Bubble Boat, Tommy Tuna, and the Big Kahuna? Those types are awesome!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I think MM would be better if they...(state in comments)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bomby McBombface

Bomby McBombface Member

Director of Astronautical Engineering
    In-game from constantly being matched with horrible players who can't play themselves out of wet paper bags.

I'm curious of the time line for Guild Wars, it was previously stated it would be released after Global release. The importance of being able to build a full squad of competent players is vital to the success of the game.

I had a full guild, I brought players from other PvP games where you can choose your entire squad with the developer promised Guild Wars, now I have few players left as they've all found incompetent matchmaking to make this game far too aggravating to bother with anymore.

The importance of guilds/clans is lost in this game, you build a friendship and support base, but the most important aspect is that you can run a full squad with players you know and trust to play well, not get randomly stuck with ("Johnny Bubble Boat" who dies while doing under 600 damage, "Tommy Tuna" who hides the entire game never doing a single thing to help the squad, or the "Big Kahuna" who proves themself a major PITA by spending the game either shooting at their own squad, or trying to fix the reds) incompetent players guaranteeing a loss.

2. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    guild wars or 1v1. I can agree with you that playing the same game type gets quite boring/infuriating after a while. It would be nice to switch game styles and keep playing than to rage quit and come back later hoping for a better experience. Having guild wars/1v1/practice arenas/friendly battles/etc would keep the game alive SO MUCH!!! I would be playing all day long if I could then

Disguised and @Climax like this.
  3. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Add more content rather than Guild Wars:
    • More Maps for Capture Area (and for game modes below)
    • Larger Fleet Groups ie; Fleet 3 Players and 3 v 3 Only come to mind.
    • More Statistics for Profiles, more achievements.
    • New & Different Game modes:
      • Capture the flag
      • Survival (last one floating, map collapses ie; shrinking edge drop off or shrinking flamed circle)
      • Pure Deathmatch (Time runs out, but unlimited lives, and it's just pure frags/kills and respawns).
    • Enhancements to Shop System for better F2P Viabiity
    • New Ship
    • New Weapon & Items

Guild wars should be further down the line, reason is, it's the most difficult to implement from a functionality and matchmaking point of view. Those who cannot see the major issues, please try?
    Get to the easier to implement content but greater return for the player first.

Last edited: 11 Jul 2017
    Zangetsu, ekagreen, Totoro and 4 others like this.
  4. hoppening

hoppening New Member

Well also have to think about mining pearls or obtain them from quests or mission.
    Also for changename how it can cost a 1000 pearls?

5. Captain Gilligan

they don't want people to be changing their names to trick/confuse other players, so theres a price. For example, a player could annoy and irritate their team using a certain player name. then quickly switch names so people wouldn't recognize them and potentially seek justice for their hurtful play style

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  6. Star.Nova

Star.Nova Member

1vs1? Banana battle?

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. Captain Gilligan

Banana boat battle!

8. hoppening

hoppening New Member

Then a chance to switch on your last name.
    Cuz f2p have to play alot for a 1k pearls

9. Kustomz

Kustomz Active Member

Im all about these great ideas!! Clash of Clans took a a long while to implement Clan Wars, but capture the flag and Deathmatch etc would be a win win for both the Game Devs financially + Popularity of the game itself and players alike would hang up their other ios games big time...

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

YESSSS

11. Captain Gilligan

I will take you, Orpheus and wrongusrname on...all at once!

12. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Fite.me/irl