1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting out of ai battles

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Daffers, 9 May 2017.

1. Daffers

Daffers New Member

My infamy is about 100 so i am in bot battles, but there is always another real player in the enemy. Mostly with better boats.. now i am stuck at 120 infamy, sometimes i win against the other bot team with the 1 real player and sometimes i lose.. so +24 inf and -24 the next..
    This way i never get out of the bot battles, the game is not fun playing against just 1 real other player..
    Bots dont have any infamy change, this is how i can see there is only one real other player

I make 4 kills and he makes 5 and i lose all my infamy, pretty hard to gain infamy and get out of this crap. I really encounter ships which much greater hp and weapons

Last edited: 9 May 2017
  2. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

You probably have got out from those tutorial battles and you are actually playing real pvp there. (Yes even those worst teammates and enemies are probably real people). Therefore I recommend you to upgrade your crew and that way also your captain level so you can get better ships and with time better weapons. Keep it going and you will get up there for sure :cool:

3. Daffers

Daffers New Member

No i def play against and with bots, low hp (250) and the names and no infamy loss or gain..
    so it is basically a 1vs1 everytime with 8 chickens with their head cut off doing nothing..
    I keep going back and forth in infamy as i lose 50% against the other real player. So i am stuck at 100 or something for a about 50 games now..
    Almost giving up on the game if i am not able to face real players. Would be fun to have a team that actually does something

Last edited: 9 May 2017
  4. TheRedSpeeder

Well in that case I don't know how to help you. Only way I find effective and mostly only ideal way is that you upgrade ships, crew and weapons so you can carry your team and get forward.
    Sorry for not being able to help you more than this. Maybe @Miika @Zeus or @Bennunator can help you with an answer.

5. Daffers

Daffers New Member

Well tnx anyway! I really hope someone can help.. not sure why the bots make sense if even kill 4 of them and still lose my infamy to the other real player in the game...

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  6. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

it's funny reading this about bots. when i started, i didn't even notice they weren't human players. i was so into the game, i just kept playing, trying different ships and weapons, kept winning and thought to myself "wow i am really good at this game". but then after day or two when my infamy rose, i noticed it got way harder and started losing.
    with lots of grind, i moved past this wall, now staying at around 700 infamy with my speeder mk2.

tldr: be patient and play to rise in league.
    hope this helps:)

7. Daffers

Daffers New Member

Well tnx, but i can't rise because there is always that one human player...

8. MastersBlade

MastersBlade New Member

Ok. If you have gotten good at spotting that real human player AFTER the battle. How about looking for his name before the battle and taking him out first?

9. TinkThank

TinkThank New Member

In short, git gud

10. Daffers

Daffers New Member

I try, but half the time they have much better boats, so i succeed half the time which makes sense and i think a 50% win ratio with a lot of kills shouldnt keep you stuck here.

Well sorry but if there is no other solution this game is just not for me, was hoping for some nice multiplayer battles, but the investment is too big now for a casual game i would have liked to play.

Not sure what would have been wrong with 5vs5 noobs playing each other at the start instead of this crap

Sometimes it is me against two other humans, which doesnt seem fair to me.

All of this wouldnt be a problem if the infamy system wasnt this unfair, you should gain infamy for kills and maybe a little boost for a team win. But like this it is more or less luck to be in the better team or not.

I just calculated that if i win 75% of the matches i would need 48 games to reach 500 to play real multiplayer.. and this is only if i win 75% which is pretty hard to do against another human player..

Seems like a huge dedication before you can actually play the game

Last edited: 10 May 2017
  11. TheRedSpeeder

I searched from forum a bit and found @P0rthos' (who works with developers and knows quite much about this game) comment where he was saying that when those training bots disappear and there will be a human player(s) with you, there is no way there can be bots anymore. (Also said that this is confirmed by developers). This means you are actually playing with real people but only thing that matters now is that you haven't got yourself a team good enough to beat the unfriend's team.
    Anyway as an old "beta version" player I don't know exactly how does this system work in early game so let's hope someone else can confirm this for you.
    I think the case is this what p0rthos has stated and that means you only need to play and upgrade your own stuff to get further. I'm sorry if this causes you to quit the game but this is the deal at the moment.

Here is what I found:

Last edited: 10 May 2017
  12. Douglas

Douglas Member

I never noticed that when you start you play against bots ...I thought I was damn good...lso it was just a illusion lol

Sifa likes this.
  13. Daffers

Daffers New Member

Then why do that so called human players:
    Dont gain or lose infamy
    Have those standard names
    And have a boat of only 250hp

Sorry i dont believe this, i am clearly playing bots except one or two

14. TheRedSpeeder

Well you didn't meantion that those doesn't get/lose infamy and I'm sorry I misunderstood that then. Then again, I can't help you more than this. Only thing is that I already told you and that's probably gonna be the same as developers would tell you. If you decide to keep playing, I really hope you will get up in infamy and to real 5v5 pvp battles.

15. Daffers

Daffers New Member

Tnx for the answers though, here is a screen of a typical game, not that this human players boat was twice my hp.

Attached Files:

16. MastersBlade

MastersBlade New Member

It seems the bot phase only lasts a short time. As soon as I upgraded my Enforcer to MK2, four out of five opponents were real people. I gained a little Infamy, and am now keeping above 300. Now I don't see any more bots.

17. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

Just to correct you slightly, and I appreciate your ability to apologize for misinformation, porthos has a strong stance that there are no bots, and will not budge on the thought. But miika did confirm in another thread (which I will link if I can find it) that the training bots ARE the players that have half HP, and do not rise or fall in infamy. I'm not sure at what point they disappear, but they are there free the tutorial match.
    To the OP of this thread @Daffers, I know it seems quite hard, and for a game you wish to play casually, maybe too hard, but if you have the patience, the game is worth it. If you really do feel that it's too much for you, then, by all means don't continue. IF you so choose to keep playing, it doesn't get any easier when playing 5vs5 humans. In fact it gets infinitely harder, what with the other players rushing and dying early. The only advice I can give, if you do wish to continue, is to hang back, play smart and as @TheRedSpeeder said earlier, level up whatever you can. Also, go through the forums for tips and tricks. Best of luck to you.

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  18. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

19. TheRedSpeeder

Thanks for correcting me :D:eek:

Mr squiqqle likes this.