1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

General Questions Guide (players / admins) - Answers Appreciated

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Tommy1UP, 10 May 2017.

1. Tommy1UP

Tommy1UP Member

1a). What features are there in guilds ?
    1b). How do they help / what do you get out of them ?
    1c). How do you join guilds (even though it's broke right now) ?
    1d). Can you team up with guild mates ?
    1e). (it's a features question sort of but I'm curious) Are there clan battles ? Will we see in the future if not ?
    1f). Can you battle members with in your clan ?
    1g). Can you request for stuff in clans ?

2a). How do you add personal friends ?
    2b). Can you play with your friends ?
    2c). How to you search for particular players ?
    2d). Like question "1f" can you battle friends ?
    2e). Dose friend chat work or is that still broke too ?

3a). Will global chat be fixed soon ?
    3b). Will it be more player friendly as it was a wreck (in the sense of a spam fest) ?
    3c). Will there be a recent battle feature ?
    3d). Will there frequent battle changes e.g. nerfs and buffs in order to make players test different set ups ?

4a). When you upgrade to Mk2 why dose basically every stat decrease (apart from health) ?
    4b). Good boat set ups. Your personal favourites ?
    4c). Kinda like "4b" Good weapons to use / level up ?
    4d). Any real difference in part scrapping ? e.g. Sniper yields more scrap then a cannon
    4e). Similar to "4d" best ways to obtain scrap e.g. from the shop or actually scrapping parts ?
    4f). Best items to use and level up ? e.g. shields over turbo ?
    4g). Best crew members to train up first ? e.g. Who offers the most to benefit your boat ?
    4h). What dose retraining do and is it worth it ?
    4i). Best way to obtain sugar (as I found this to be the thing I run out of the most) ?

5a). Can you change camera sensitivity ?
    5b). Most helpful tips when in a battle ?
    5c). Battle tactics - Play defensive and play for picks or team rush and chase kills ?
    5d). Will my team mates get better as I progress through my season rank as right now they are trash ? (and they are not longer bots as they lose points)
    5e). Do you think matchmaking needs to be changed or adjusted at certain leagues e.g. Skill/Power based system ?
    ----
    With this one I would like to hear high players prospectives too regarding this matter as it could be down to my player range as I'm only a level 10 in the high 400 range I'm still a low player.

But here's my experiences... in my case now I'm noticing a range of higher MK boats and my team 8 times out of 10 are a full MK1 team. Because of that when I play these battles we get destroyed as we're out levelled. Another one is a lack of player skill. I'm seeing real players who are only getting 750 damage MAX per game and I'm having to carry and most of the time we will lose. (also again they are real players as the whole team gains/loses points although I get the occasional 4v4 +1 bot.)

My Hypothesis on these bad players: they are simply gaining more points than losing so when the player hits a certain range they become trash due to the lack of skill. Then it's a 1 step forward 2 steps back cycle stopping enjoyment due to lack of skill from teammates.

(I'm just explaining here I have seen a few others been experiencing this too and have spoke to them. So I thought I'll ask the question again)
    ----

5f). Last few relating to the battle system is the "point range" dose this range increase and decrease as you progress ?
    5g). Do you think there should be a wider point range. ? ( That way it's more forgiving for the lower players and beneficial for high players )
    5h). If you lose however you still perform well should you still lose -24 ?
    5i). Tips for aiming.? As a lot of time I hit the water :(
    5j). Anyway to decrease the weapon cooldown ?
    5k). Capture or Attack ?
    5l). Tips for moving e.g. Straight line, zig zag, diagonal ?
    5m). Best way go gain points (I keep losing due to my team any suggestion how to progress) ?

6a). What do power cells do are they useful ?
    6b).Are Parts helpful are they worth keeping ?
    6c.) Carry on - if parts are worth keeping how long roughly dose it take to get 10 ?
    6d.) Quickest way to level up ?
    6e.) What are badges in game ?
    6f.) Carry On - What do they do ?

7a). The green boxes is it worth stacking them or just opening them every time you get 15*
    7b). I read about these boxes increasing; how do I do this ?
    7c). best way to get drops ?
    7d). How much gold should I invest more gold into the market ?
    7e). When you get into high ranks do drop percentages change ?
    7f). Buying pearls is it worth it ?
    7g). Carry on - Pay To Win or Free To Play ?
    7h). Do the " I<3U" get better as you progress or do they remain ?
    7i). Is the VIP membership worth the cost ?

Thanks for reading hope you can give me some answers and opinions :D

P.S. I added a few more to 5

Last edited: 10 May 2017
    Oldmandragon likes this.
  2. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

Wow. That's a lot of questions. I'm happy to answer a few for you. I've been playing for almost 4 months my infamy sits around 2.5k and I main as a fixer.
    Ok guilds. At this point, guild are for social reasons, and for sharing tactics, strategy etc. If you have friended with the people in your guild, yes you can battle with them like any other friend. I believe some time in the future the Devs are looking at some kind of guild wars, but it's not been overly discussed at this point that I know of.
    You can't currently search for friends, can only add if they comment in global (which is currently down) or if their boat appears in your "pond"
    It also matters not if you are friends or guild members, yes you can be placed in a battle against them. Otherwise all the best/top players would befriend each other and never play against each other.. lol. That would be disastrous for everyone else, lol.
    I cannot answer your #3 questions as they are more aimed at the Devs, and I have no knowledge of their plans
    Wow. I may have to return to answer more.
    Cheers and good sailing

3. Tommy1UP

Tommy1UP Member

Hahaha, I know there were a good few question however they are all things I felt were necessary as a new player.

But I do appreciate your comment, so thank you very much for your answers. they actually helped me a lot. One thing I didn't quite get however was the "being placed in a battle against them part" do you mind elaborating further? (it might be down to taking my question out of context to why I don't quite get it)

Yes 3 was aimed more at the Devs :)

Although, please do if you have more answers. In addition, I may have to edit so I can ask more questions ahha ;)

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  4. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

I will answer more of your questions once my brain recovers, lol. But to clarify. If someone is on your friends list, or is in your guild, this does NOT. exclude the possibility of them being on the unfriends team. Only your fleet partner is guaranteed to be on your team. Does that help?

5. GlacialEclipse

GlacialEclipse Member

Ummm, ok, let's try to be helpfulo_O Most of 4's answers are your personal preference, and nothing yields more scrap than others of the same rarity, it's random and nothing seems to be the best to scrap. I personally like the fixer, you can negate a lot of damage for your team and be quite annoying. Weapons are really up to you, I say try them all and see what YOU like, and I do tend to upgrade weapons over other things, even my repair items. Kinda ashamed......

6. Tommy1UP

Tommy1UP Member

No worries. Sleep tends to help the brain haha.
    Ahhhh okay thank you I understand now. So basically despite being friends with players there is still that possibility of them being on the other team. However, the only way to ensure that person is on your team is to invite them to be a fleet partner. Makes sense thanks again :D

Last edited: 10 May 2017
    Mr squiqqle likes this.
  7. Tommy1UP

Tommy1UP Member

Helpful you were hahaha, so thank you very much.

But with the questions at 4 I was trying to get others preferences rather than my own. That way it enables me to get a clear idea what is popular and what isn't.

Thanks for clearing up that scrap question I'll keep that in mind. Now The fixer might have to be tested out as it seems it's quite popular and overall a fun boat :). I've been trying a few weapons out and I'm finding the Sniper/Cannon set up is very good. Moreover, when it comes to upgrades I'm in the same boat I tend to favour weapon level over my item level. However, I guess where you're a fixer you have a more of a reason too be ashamed lol :D....

Thanks again for answering.

8. GlacialEclipse

GlacialEclipse Member

A few common thing I have seen, canon and sniper, mortar and grenade /mine, a lot of mk3-4 shooters like big torpedo and or triple torpedos for the big damages. I have personal played with mines for a while, they can be really game changing, turning 1 v 3 into 1 v 1 for me countless times. Also, torpedos travel until they hit something, good to snipe with miles away. But no matter what, mortar will always give you the most damage as the aoe is not to be underestimated

9. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

About the scraps part, although there's no difference between weapons there is a difference in level, the higher the level of the part you scrap the more parts you'll get and they'll also have higher chances to give you higher rarity parts.

One of the admins said today that they were working around the clock to fix the social bits of the game, global included, and that it will probably be fixed by tomorrow.

10. GlacialEclipse

GlacialEclipse Member

Oh, is that the same for guilds?

11. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

Crew members are very diverse and which one you focus training in depends on your playstyle and the weapons you've got and use.

Retraining let's you change one of the traits of a certain level of a crew member, not worth it in any way unless you chose the wrong one by accident or discover later the other option would suit you better.

12. Tommy1UP

Tommy1UP Member

I used the Grenade set up however I didn't like how slow it was and I felt the range lacked (also the camera was reacting weird when I tried extending the range.) Now the torpedo I like a lot but its rubbish close range as you have to be a certain distance apart also long re charge. However it's still a good high DMG weapon. Now mines are very annoying and powerful. And You're right when you say they are game changing. I might have to concider trying it out. Same with mortars they are very good and annoying with very big AOE again I'll consider trying.

One question I'll like to ask if that's okay is what mortar do you prefer ?

Thank you :)

Epekka likes this.
  13. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

Yes

Best way to get sugar, play matches and watch the ads at the end, you will fill the meter in no time, it has taken me 6 or 7 battles to fill it from around 100 to 100000 today.

Teammates will get better.

Battle tactics: going along with the whole team seems to be the best one so far, all picking on one enemy at a time, being close to cover and a fixer replenish health.

14. Tommy1UP

Tommy1UP Member

I did notice the rarer parts yielded Better scrap but I didn't know about the level of the part offered more too so Thanks :)

But ahhh okay hopefully it all goes to plan

15. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

I think that's all I can answer, sorry for my multiple posts, it was easier this way for me on mobile.

16. GlacialEclipse

GlacialEclipse Member

Gotta say, long range and standard are the 2 for my mortar build, but Big Berta is catching my eye recently. Never been a big fan of the ballpark mortar;)

17. Tommy1UP

Tommy1UP Member

watch ads and would you recommend challenges too ?

Thank god... I'm sick of it lol.

Okay that's a good easy little tactic thank you :)

18. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

Oh, I thought you knew, everything you scrap guarantees parts of the same rarity as the what you scraped and have a slight chance to give some of higher rarity, that chance is the one that goes up with level.

19. Tommy1UP

Tommy1UP Member

No worries thanks for the answers however I may post more soon if I get any :)

20. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

Challenges too yeah, they give a lot of sugar, the problem for me with them is I don't have enough of those per day :p