1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

General noob questions

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by flibbidy dibbidy, 5 Aug 2017.

1. flibbidy dibbidy

flibbidy dibbidy New Member

as someone who played WOTB with a good amount of success. I get the overall gist. But having only played a few days and still kinda wondering wth I'm doing in my amazing mk1 boats I had a few questions. ..
    - is the infamy scoring similar to clash of clans? I.e. Make a run now and then to see how high you can get, but ultimately have to play a bit lower in order to upgrade things?
    - what's the best way to upgrade? I'm a notorious cheapskate. Don't spend more than 5-10 bucks on a game I love. I've been just buying cheap guys and scrapping them for upgrades on common stuff. Is this the correct strategy?
    - is there a pinned tutorial somewhere on this forum for folks starting from the literal beginning. I hate noobs, hate being a noob, hate everything about it. I just want to find some direction.
    - I'm guessing mk1 is similar to tier 1-3 on world of tanks.... boats just rush at each other and smash each other with no regard for safety or tactics. Is this a correct assessment? Any direction is appreciated. Thanks guys

2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Go to YouTube and watch tutorial videos by @P0rthos, @GenkiGamers, or @TheWarNet.
    PS. This game takes tons of time for the f2p. I have been playing since May, and I'm not half way yet. Captain lvl 24.

3. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Here are the links for P0rthos. He has good videos. The other channels I mention are good as well.
    (There are weapon guides out there too)

4. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

5. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

stay out of the way of the big red circles, the thingies rushing at you underwater, and your enemy's shiprecks.
    and always shoot somthing.
    at least at your level, because you'll just wast time useing tactics unless your past all the noobs and bot battles.

6. The Otherguy

Tech support
    And those round interest balls that Float? State away from those too.

Rivet likes this.
  7. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

Oh and also avoid those funny little white lines going towards you :p

8. flibbidy dibbidy

flibbidy dibbidy New Member

So I'm guessing folks pick one maybe two lines at most to advance through the game with then? Correct?

9. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

If you refer to the topic I shared here... Actually you should try to follow everything. But it's way too much to concentrate on if you just started. So just start with 1 point and gradually add more points to your strategy. Eventually when you have done around 5k battles you'll follow all those points as a reflex

10. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

Are 5k sufficient? Despite 10k I get this too often too close.

The Otherguy likes this.