1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Gatling Gun Event

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Weeze, 6 Sep 2018.

1. Weeze

Weeze Well-Known Member

What's the logic behind a boosted gatling gun event when basically no one has a leveled up, high tier weapon that is actually usable? (Other than the T4E gatling guns that were given out to select individual for free in exchange for "promotion". Nothing against those players individually.)

Riddlerpaji, Ultrah, #CK and 4 others like this.
  2. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

Man, this is only for fun... You dont have a usable GG? Don’t worry, use another gun.

Last week in fire event, I win 900 coins but without fire weapon. Just enjoy!

Ultrah likes this.
  3. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

The Devs make this game into a joke. The is no logical explanation for this event. Heck, there was not much logical explanations for the last update. Why introduce a weapon that's worse than standard mortar?

I guess the August mandatory vacations were the results of this update. I already cancelled my VIP so by the 18th of this month, I am likely not going to play very much afterward. I only have 3 captains to finish and it's only 2 months away but I can't even muster much desire to finish them.

4. Dirty Boathole

Dirty Boathole Member

"Strictly 4 My Content Creators"

SlayerofSergeants and Weeze like this.
  5. Weeze

Weeze Well-Known Member

You get basically 2.5 epic items from a container between the guaranteed item, chance to get a lucky epic item, and all the pieces. If you assume 75% red category that's 1.875 epic red items per container. At a 5% rate to get gating gun (1 out of 20 items) that's 0.09375 gatling guns per container. In order to get 4 gatling guns (4TE) you'd have to open on average 42.66 containers. So the free hand out was only worth $4,266 in terms of purely acquiring the gatling gun ;)

Last edited: 6 Sep 2018
  6. Dr.pie

Dr.pie Member

:D:D

Seriously though, t5 epic gatling gun with crew training and epic dmg perks will resonate to little under 2200 dmg and 7 second cooldown. But only and ONLY at that level it will be close to the use of fully pimped epic caronade for example.

7. Dirty Boathole

Dirty Boathole Member

Did you account for all the parts and sugar it costs to get from level 1 to level 40?

8. TVNPryde

Well, the recent adjustment to it makes it a defender killer. I thought it was made for defenders, not against defenders. 30% increase was called for but not defense penetrating.

9. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Personally I still think it’s one of the weaker weapons. I think it’ll require further buffing before it becomes part of the meta.
    I think the change makes it much more effective against defenders than say speeders but I think you’ll find it’s not strong enough yet.
    Anyway, I’ll leave you to make your own mind up.

10. TVNPryde

I think it will be a very strong weapon for yellow boats. It can do 2200 hp in 7 seconds. Imagine an enforcer in a shield shredding the defender. It's much stronger than any cannon now.

11. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

that won't be usuall situation (at least not in next next few weeks)
    you need:
    • high level gatling-only few of them now (and that won't probably change any any time soon)
    • it's hard to land all shots when you have 130° turret agility, any move of finger on fire joystick means significant turret rotation

12. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

The item is still very underwhelming. Defense penetration is the only thing that could have gave any amount of hope to the gat gun. Very much called for and finally SOMETHING logical coming from the devs

13. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    I'll tell you what, if you get a T5 Epic Gatling gun, i'll jump in my Defender and you can try to shred me. I'll just stick on carronades to make it fair. smfh

14. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    OP:

Yeah I don't know why they would fashion an event around a weapon most people don't have. They should loan out Gatlings to all players during the event so they could try it out. Just take them back at the end. This way everyone has one, they can see if they like them and earn coins. That's what my suggestion would have been if asked.

15. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Really excited for this event to showcase the new weapon. 3k pearls gets you an epic and you can join the mayhem. :)

16. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

With the new buff, and now fire perks, this gun will destroy

17. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    It is way too early to run an event for a weapon that literally dropped days ago. 6-8 weeks later would have been a better time frame.

18. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Your ready though, and the weapon got bassically a 60% damage increase and ignores defense, your weapon will destroy

19. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

I am going to reiterate what I said in the update thread. For a new weapon need to give us a temporary gattling gun that is leveled up to use. As a special event giving everyone a leveled up wepon would allow us to play test it for the devs and give feedback. It would allow players to see what it could do and if they want to level it. Also since it is a special event it won’t effect infamy. Just buffing the gun for the event does nothing since there will be very few people with a gattling gun leveled to actually make it useful.

20. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    imagine that defender on fire and all bullet from gatling got boosted from fire effect ( which up to 20% with perk and crew training)