1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Game going bad...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by neitzche, 23 Jul 2017.

1. neitzche

neitzche New Member

I've been playing this a long time now and I'm not liking where it is going.... this is why : the game at the beginning was fun, up close, personal, dog fight style combat on water. Everyone got in and jinked and blasted and had a great time. Now it's all about sitting back and lobbing mortars and cannon rounds at each other. People shoot torpedoes long distance in the often vain hope of hitting someone. If you rush in, you are all alone and quickly ganged up on and destroyed. Lobbing long range is BORING,,! But it's encouraged as the long range has more damage and lower ranked players can get a kill or two. Boring... if you have a ship leveled higher than 4 then you are automatically sent to the team with the worst players and it's almost a forgone conclusion that you will lose. As for missions? Try killing 3 ships in a round like I used to is getting pretty much impossible. Why? Because some idiot lobs a connon round long distance after you have whittled down an opponent and steals your kill. Happens numerous times a game to me. My ranking has dropped vertically in the last while because of this crap. If you have a level 5 ship you are constantly put with lower ranked ships of other kinds, so trying to get the missions for killing 3 or 4 different kinds of ships is impossible as all you ever play against is shooters. Finally... yellow weapons? You only get them if you pay. Playing a young slob who has money and a rank three or 4 ship with legendary weapons when all you have are blue and purple is frustrating as hell, but hey, they will just sit back out of range and fire those fancy weapons at you and all your crappy teammates anyways so no worries, you will probably never see them anyways. Sorry. But much more of this and I'll be looking for the next combat game out there. Out.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  2. Johnnieday

Johnnieday Member

I couldn't agreed more.
    The fun is gone, mortar bay and fire bay is definitely a new trend.
    The lack of contents, etc....

All of those things make a very nice game go south very fast.
    Guess what ? So many people complained about that and we have nothing. Just more nerf, some buffs to ships that doesn't need it.

More and more are quitting. That's a sign, Mr Devs !!!

Zangetsu and Captain Gilligan like this.
  3. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    I have to mention that torpedos and mortars have always been in the game, and people have always sat back and used them to my speeding dismay. But in early game cannons are much more common because bhurt is the first crewmate to be unlocked. But I am also waiting for some new fun to come ;)

4. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Bye guys :) Close the door on your way out

5. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

So the game changed when new people got to playing. Know what? those people will stop playing and it'll change again.
    Motors suck but in mass they're effective and that's what its about. Sinking the unfriends. I've also gotten hit with a long range torp at the beginning of a match.
    It's only really annoying when you're on the losing side of those tactics.

6. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

The thing changed after the fixer and speeder nerf. Previously it was useless to use mortars because fixer would heal all them back. Now opposing teams just targets fixer kill it and win the match. Nerfing overboost means players can't get near you quickly enough to hit you. All in all game has became boring it was fun couple of months back, I used to play whole day. But now I am sick of firebombs and mortars.

7. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Then limit the number of mortars you can equip ofc the same as napalm and firebomb

8. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Weird. I'm a Speeder and after the consecutive nerfs, I gained 1k infamy. That is just so weird right??? I should be whining and quitting at this time. But nope, I wonder what happened. :eek::D

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  9. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    I know mortars upset many people. I see all the posts. But it is not an issue for me at the 3k+ infamy level. I see all kinds of weapons and mortars are simply not a problem. There is quite a spread of weapons used. I mention this because higher up players seem to adapt.

10. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

11. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

I guess that's the difference between low infamy players and high infamy players :D

12. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Sounds like they balanced the game, not nerfed it.
    The first unfriend I target is their fixer. That's just stategy. And I've often given up because they can fix themselves faster than I can damage them.