1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Game crashing every time I watch bonus video

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Robirop, 21 Apr 2017.

1. Robirop

Robirop New Member

manytimes when i try to collect bonus by watching advertisment the game crashes at the end of the advertisement. No bonus is given when i log back in. Infity slots ad is the most common reason to cause the game crash. Please fix this soon. Im running on ios 9.3.5

Lashole likes this.
  2. Scott Ries

Scott Ries New Member

Project Manager
    Well Rovio and gang I am very glad to be back. My favorite game of all time. I'm not sure if the servers are overloaded but I get kicked out of game (it crashes) every time I watch the bonus video and at other times as well. Very costly with infamy and what not. Hope you can fix this. Good to see everyone! Happy Battling.

3. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Are you on iOS or Android? Few players have reported something similar and we are investigating. Definitely not servers been overloaded, they are just fine, most likely some bug somewhere we haven't been able to catch.

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Scott Ries

Scott Ries New Member

Project Manager
    Hey Miika, I'm on my Ipad2 with with the latest IOS 9.3.5. Its not sometimes either. It is every single time. I'm often kicked out during battle and other times as well. Thanks for the quick response.

5. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Ah, in that case I'm pretty sure it's an out-of-memory issue, as those are the only type of crashes we can't see in our crash analytics. It especially makes sense since watching an ad consumes more memory on top of the game consumption.

We are constantly trying to optimize the game in every update but unfortunately memory consumption is the most difficult to make any meaningful impact. :/

6. Scott Ries

Scott Ries New Member

Project Manager
    Thank you Miika. You all are doing a great job!

7. Melv

Melv Member

Good to hear you guys are investigating this. Just to clarify, by "similar issues" does it include when playing the ad, the ad doesn't play but the next screen arrows also don't appear?

8. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

My trick to get around the Black Screen Of Death after an ad is to switch to a different app, then switch back to Battle Bay. The right screen will show.

It's not a fix... but it works for now. ;)

9. Scott Ries

Scott Ries New Member

Project Manager
    I also cannot connect to facebook. It kicks me out. If i could connect to fb I can play on different devices and not have problems as much

10. Miika

Miika Game Lead

We have now deployed a server side change trying to mitigate the black end card bug. Could you please report back if you still see this issue happening, and if you do on which platform? The first ad might still be broken because it is cached, but if you see this more than twice I would be really interested to hear about it.

11. Scott Ries

Scott Ries New Member

Project Manager
    Better so far. Good job!

12. Scott Ries

Scott Ries New Member

Project Manager
    Now to be able to connect to fb without the crash. I'm unable to connect via Ipad 2 OS 9.3.5

13. Scott Ries

Scott Ries New Member

Project Manager
    Well now the game crashes in every single game. The last 7 games I've attempted to play the game kicked me out. Also kicking me out when trying to type in chat. Maybe its my ipad but it doesn't do this for any other apps. Ipad2 OS 9.3.5. That is the highest OS for ipad 2.

14. Melv

Melv Member

Just an update... haven't been encountering this issue anymore. *crosses fingers*

Thanks devs

Scott Ries likes this.
  15. Kklas

Kklas New Member

What about not getting any video at all ?

wreck your day and The Otherguy like this.
  16. Sam_Matteo888

Sam_Matteo888 New Member

Still having issue game crashes when watching the claim bonus. It only works if its a rovio angry birds ads but the rest of the ads crashes all the time.

17. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Wow this is an old thread!
    Can you confirm your device and OS please.

18. Sam_Matteo888

Sam_Matteo888 New Member

I'm using HTC 7 and android 6.0.1

Ash KOT likes this.
  19. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Have passed this on to the devs to investigate for you :)

Sam_Matteo888 likes this.
  20. Sam_Matteo888

Sam_Matteo888 New Member

Correction I'm using HTC m8 and thanks :)