1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Frost+Torpedo is still really fun/powerful

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Fluid Bait, 13 Apr 2018.

1. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

The other day, I was looking at some of the really old nerf frost+torp threads, and after reading about how powerful it was, I wanted to try it for myself, even if frost was "dead".
    So, I used my everyday mine+big torpedo setup, but swapped my nitro for a lvl 1 rare frost blaster(even with all my crew training being in favor of the other talent(s).
    I must say, it was really fun being able to hit easy targets, and even if somebody broke my frost, I still got contribution in the mind of the star system.
    Screenshot_20180413-163520.png Screenshot_20180413-163509.png Screenshot_20180413-163455.png Screenshot_20180413-163436.png
    And even a new high damage record:
    Screenshot_20180413-163228.png Screenshot_20180413-163233.png
    @Ian @The Otherguy @TheAntiSnipe @ViscountSniffit

2. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Yeah frost torp seems powerful to me too. Old frost torp was op and now it seems balanced o_O but i can't tell same for frost launcher. It seems weak now.

3. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I hit nightmare for the first time with it, after the nerf too (mk5):) it’s definitely not “dead” but in later stages it gets outpaced by all the quicker cannons / other weps.

Fluid Bait likes this.
  4. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    When I first tried frost I loved it, but I have scrapped too many epic and rare frost blasters to go back.
    I would love to put epic frost perks on my swift and try in a custom though.

5. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

I've seen your thread about you hitting Nightmare with the build(I even linked it under the spoiler of the main post), and it really gave me the inspiration to try it, seeing that even after the nerf, it was very powerful. ;)
    Lol, when I still had my T3 epic swift torp, I used it with a frost launcher and 1 rare frost damage perk, to get a guaranteed 1k hit almost all the time.

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    No! Frost is so weak that it's practically unusable, and you have to wait for the global cooldown of 2 secs before you can shoot the torpedo, leaving yourself vulnerable in that time, and regardless it's still super easy to dodge from, and there will always be that stupid teammate who shoots away your frost with a tiny little peashooter!

Don't tell them the secret...

Last edited: 14 Apr 2018
    The Otherguy and Fluid Bait like this.
  7. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
  8. Neptune_Gaming

Neptune_Gaming Well-Known Member