1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Frost Launcher or Frost Blaster?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by DocDu, 19 May 2017.

1. DocDu

DocDu New Member

Which one?

2. Mac

Mac New Member

Translator and Interpreter
    biggest difference is frost blaster is 1 slot item that hits one target... frost launcher is like a mortar effect slow but 2 slots.... u wont be able to use frost launcher till in later MK4 etc enforcer or speeder... and both ships prioritize overboost and nitro etc,

anyways to answer ur question frost launcher takes two slots which make it kinda unplayable imo unless u r very high leveled ship

3. kaseybsells

kaseybsells New Member

I prefer frost blaster but frost launcher can hit anyone in the radius

4. kaseybsells

kaseybsells New Member

a well placed frost launcher COULD freeze the entire team if they are all grouped

5. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

Somehow I've collected 2 epic frost launchers. Are these worth saving and upgrading for late game? From what I've seen it's not worth the slot points and I think I should scrap them.

6. kaseybsells

kaseybsells New Member

It depends on your play style, but they can rlly come in handy when using mortars because mortars do more damage to frozen unfriendly, keep both because you could use for evolving

7. BEN

BEN Active Member

Frost Launcher:
    Slightly lesser frost effect than blaster, but this one does AOE frost so its possible to slow down 2 or more enemies at once.
    In this update I think the projectile moves a little faster now, making it easier to land a hit on enemies.
    Cooldown was reduced too. Used to be 20 seconds i believe. Now its down to 16 I think?
    Works similar to a mortar, the closer the enemy is to the center of impact, the longer the frost effect.
    Takes up 2 yellow points.

Frost Blaster:
    Stronger frost effect than the launcher. Can only frost 1 enemy at a time.
    Projectile speed is fast. Think of it as a frost gun/cannon. It will not pass through waves though so its tricky to use mid/long range. Its best used when the enemy is right infront of you with no waves in between.
    Cooldown is about 11 seconds. Takes up 1 yellow slot point.

Both frost effects can pass through the tesla shield, and both frost durations are halved when a direct hit is landed on the target. Ive tried both and personally like the launcher more than the blaster, but the epics that I got were blasters so that is what I use for now.

8. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

Does anyone successfully use it @ 2.5k+ infamy? I play fixer normally @ 2.3k and the rare times I've seen it used against me the frost effect was too weak to matter. Maybe it was too low level but for 2 yellow slot points it needs to be powerful to be competitive with the other great choices.

9. BEN

BEN Active Member

It used to be super effective up to the point where they had to nerf it hard. Now its being slowly buffed back to usefulness. The slow effect wont be as strong as blaster, but it is by far easier to land a hit using the launcher. You wont have to think about waves being a obstacle and plus you can slow down more than 1 ship.

10. Weaponizer

Weaponizer Member

If you want to freeze one ship, Frost Blaster.

If you like Mortars, Frost Launcher.

11. Steven

Steven Active Member

Frost blaster has a later game buff that reduces health to frozen by 50%

UltmateDestroyer likes this.