1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Frost — How is it?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ViscountSniffit, 14 Nov 2017.

1. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’m curious how frost users are finding the new balance update? Is frost still useable?

Nerfing talents, perks, and effect sounded ‘to me’ like it would be too much, I expected one of those, but not all three. Edit: (apparently perks weren’t nerfed.)

So how, actually, is it?

Last edited: 14 Nov 2017
    Ultrah likes this.
  2. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

I don't think perks were nerfed

3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

My mistake, I thought I had read that they were, I’ll edit the OP. :)

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  4. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    It is shit

BasedCarpen likes this.
  5. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    I dodge 90% more of my torpedos now — Very easy now

6. A55A51N

Student
    I tried to play, got 2-3 torps with bonus in 6 games

7. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

So far iv noticed with my t1 leg torp it use to do around 4.1k damage to frosted, now it does 3.2-3.3k damage. No biggy, still does what i need it to do

8. A55A51N

Student
    The damage wasn’t that bad, but frost is terrible right now. I’m sure you noticed that

BasedCarpen likes this.
  9. *Rubber Duck*

Im not a fan of it getting broken after damage(iv heard fire damage breaks it also, not confirmed) think ut woulda been better to up the minimum speed. .33 is to low

10. A55A51N

Student
    Yeah i tried to play and decided to build another combo now. Because 4 nerfs at the same time has made it trash

11. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

My frost launcher looks pretty good in my inventory, where it now lives.

12. A55A51N

Student
    I am thinking about scrapping mine, 5 epic pieces and 400 epic parts for a piece of poop is a pretty good change.,

BasedCarpen likes this.
  13. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

It breaks with fire, cannon any slightest damage will break frost instantly. The frost torp has became 1v1 weapon only now if anyone tries to use it in heat of battle someone will definitely hit the frosted ship and boom frost break torpedo misses and you have to run for your life.

Cyn and *Rubber Duck* like this.
  14. *Rubber Duck*

A big issue if u ask me....if we cause a uprising of complaints will it change back?

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  15. Shadow Moon!

Best possible solution was too balance the speed reduction and not damage and frost break.

A55A51N and *Rubber Duck* like this.
  16. Shadow Moon!

Maybe we are not whales though *pun intended*. Devs will see soon enough how blaster will melt away from meta because I played 10 odd matches and every frost torp speeder died with 500-1000 damage because his frost was always broken by mortar, sniper or fire bomb and the speeder was in hell fire from me and my team.

*Rubber Duck* likes this.
  17. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

HERE ARE THE THREE ASPECTS OF NERF
    1) the FROST BREAK.IT was harsh !!UNNECESSARY .I would happily take a torpedo without stun and frost overlapping,and give some damage in return.But frost break is harsh,since the damage is also reduced

2)THE SLOWING EFFECT NERF WAS absolutely need.However, Speed nerf should have been tackled in a forgiving way,as kitterini mentioned by appliying CAP for slowest speed.F2P rare user suffer currently

3)THE DAMAGE
    nerf was much much need ,Thank you devs for THAT.Frost is a support item, a support items boosting solid damage is unacceptable

My perspective Remove 1 shot break of FROST, except that everything can be coped up with.

FROST TORP Req more skill and is rewarding as per the skill

And now replying the OP,as FROST launcher user it's not the worst for them,but yes it will take a while getting used to it:).

Crazycyclops and Shadow Moon! like this.
  18. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

^^^^This. In the games that I've played since the update, I have not seen the combo landed successfully. Whenever a speeder positions itself and starts the combo, some other knucklehead teammate shoots the frost off before the speeder can shoot the torp.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  19. Shadow Moon!

No dude breaking of frost is something nobody will get used to. Frost is not like stun, stun stops the ship from hitting you but even if frosted you can deal damage and of by mistake someone breaks it the combo is ruined. I mean where is the skill part in here it all comes down to luck which completely undermines the user. Frost and stuns should not stack agreed but frost breaking on hit, it just laughable.

Last edited: 15 Nov 2017
    A55A51N, Ian and @YSL like this.
  20. Shadow Moon!

Exactly. Which makes use of blaster is completely useless now not im end game though but in lower league whete shooters don't value their shots and just shoot anything and anyone without thinking twice about it. Atm frost combos are dead and buried why to use frost perks if you are not getting any buffs just put damage boost perks and take advantage of damage. Fire is more reliable than frost now as it now goes off with single hit.

@YSL likes this.