1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Floaters

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Shvitz McGergen, 1 Feb 2019.

?

How much should a floater team be penalized?

1. 0 shouldn’t be penalized for not playing

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. -24 everyone lost the battle

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. -50 compromise and penalize a bit more

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. -125 takes all infamy

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

I’m about 25k games in and every time I play where there was a floater, the team loses. 4-5 is enough of a disadvantage where unless you’re playing on an experienced and special team, you’ll lose quickly.
    How is it that I should lose as much infamy as a ship that doesn’t move and doesn’t take a shot. Isn’t this something that’s easy enough to address?

2. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

Floater. Also, a floater that was 1400 infamy under me.

3. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

Floater -48

4. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

Sometimes I float because the match just started but than I have to go do something required of me irl. So should I be punished for putting life first instead of a game?

Su-57 likes this.
  5. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

I get it, I've had to drop too. But does that mean that your team should pay for your life?

6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Absolutely... there's no way you can justify rewards for non participation. At a minimum you should get the same as if you didn't even start the match: no gold, no sugar, no pearls, no stars. And likely an Infamy hit is justified if in ranked, because you took Infamy from your teammates and gave it to the other team. It's one match, your life was obviously more important, so I can't see how you would complain. and let's fae it, whatever you lost can be made up in one match.

DerrickRose likes this.
  7. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

i play mobile games because its often too hard to find time to have a good xbox or play station session these days and the convenience of a mobile app means I can easily take advantage of short moments during the day to play.
    But at the end of the day mobile apps are a secondary function of a device with much more important functions that can interrupt my game play at anytime, also the fact I use em during free moments throughout the day where I’ve got limited time ( the very reason mobile games appeal to me! ) means other interruptions can also take priority at a moments notice, there are exceptions when I get to sit around and play un interrupted but for the most part it’s not like I’m sitting on my couch having a beer in front of the tv on a Saturday afternoon you know actual dedicated game play time lol who regularly has time for that these days?
    Can’t imagine I’m the only one lol
    So by all means if I end up floating it’s fair I lose claim to any rewards if my team wins and maybe lose 1 games worth of infamy at the most but there should definitely not be any substantial penalties for floating ( unless it can be proven with out a doubt somebody was floating just to be a dick)

Last edited: 2 Feb 2019
    TheAntiSnipe and Nikkie! like this.
  8. Guncaptain809

That’s why I selected 0 infamy penalty, heck, maybe if there’s floaters on one side and they lose, what if the whole team didn’t lose infamy?

9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'm OK with that. Floating can be used as a means to quickly drop Infamy, so removing that ability would help. It's fairly easy to detect floaters on the server side, I see it done in other games, and then that opens the door to automatically doing whatever actions makes sense. The fact that players have to manually report floaters at all is crazy.

TheAntiSnipe and Kurd1stan. like this.
  10. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    Floaters are not all doing intentionally . yesterday i accepted fleet request from one player i was interested in casual but take me into ranked . everything was good but after first few shots internet server get low . when server get fine match was almost finished we won . today in casual when we entered in battle game stopped it restart it but it was like only 20 second it total but my first boat was sinked by speeder . but in both battles it was not like i was intended to not to play . so taking away 125 infamy not good idea . i am ok with 0 . but if you wana penalized then focus on auto bots . they do it on purpose.

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  11. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter, you still gave an advantage to your enemy.
    You are right, real life is more important but it might not be the same for the other fixer in your team who was healing you even when you are floating.

Last edited: 2 Feb 2019
    Nikkie! and DerrickRose like this.
  12. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

It also takes, on average, about 30 seconds to start a game. You're deciding about 30 seconds from the start of a game to bail? Penalizable floating can really only be proven when you start the match, dont move, and dont fire a shot. If all those check, you deserve -100 infamy for your team. Its happened to me, Im totally not implying that I havent left my team in an impossible situation.

btw gained two floaters today (yay!). Back to 0

13. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

14. DerrickRose

DerrickRose Active Member

Yes lol.
    Plus, it won't happen very often in your life correct?
    I don't really know why ppl defend floaters for personal excuses.

15. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

My first case of floating in months lol I was looking for trouble and was suddenly spat out of game and then app wouldn’t open for a few minutes lol
    I was in que and didn’t even know I’d found a game before it happened lol not until game opened again and got the red u lost banner flash the screen 0F0CEA96-A63C-4E57-8476-FF41C72D4C48.png during the time I couldn’t open app, I checked my wifi and nothing was wrong on my end :/ who knows wtf happened
    If it were a ranked game and I was penalised for this I’d be salty as hell

16. Guncaptain809

I play during lunch when I have time, so sometimes when I start a match I have to put the game down. So yes it happens often.
    -100 infamy is a bit rediculous.

17. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

If it was ranked and I was on your team, Id be salty as hell. I think its 100% cool if that happens in casual cause nothing's on the line. But starting down 4-5 your team as 0 chance.

18. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Lol I’ll make sure the game server, my device and or wifi know not to do it in ranked games if or when your in them with me