1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixers are too weak

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by V__, 26 Mar 2018.

Tags:
  1. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

I have seen none fixer whining about their current situation so i guess they are fine. But not me, i love the fixer, i like being the support character and help my teammates. At lower infamy range, everything is fine, i can do well my job since my loadout is decent comparing to other at lower infamy. But things changed when i got higher, the fixer is too weak, being the most focused ship, everyone calls attack on fixer, the survivability of the fixer is low. Lower HP than most class because fixer can only use standard shield, the speed is horrible and the reverse aren't exist. And most of all, the size of Fixer is even bigger than defender.

[​IMG]
    Fixer size/hit box is even bigger than defender not to say other classes.
    And if i decided to use something like duct tape to bump up the survivability, i got reported, threat and cussed. I'm i doing anything wrong? If i do, need tips or the fixer is just the weakest class in the bay right now.

2. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

I’m not MK6 yet, but as an MK5, I have gotten my love back for Fixer after switching my Box Launcher for another Bolt. To me, Double Pulse seems too risky. You have to get close to someone to heal them and almost everyone is faster and in a different position than you.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

ran dual bolt b4, the fixing is much greater with dual pulse. Not to mention that with dual pulse you dont have to aim and can focus on dealing the damage, helping the damage dealer or chase the speeder away. i still have 1 bolt to instant fix someone who is super low. Team mates weren't my problem, they tend to stick to me or come to me whenever they r low on health. The flanking problem is, i died too easily and most of the time died just 20 seconds into the game.

4. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Positioning is incredibly important for Fixers as infamy rises, because we're the natural prey of the yellow boats. If we're out of position or separated from our pack of helpful Reds and Blues we sink in a hurry. Do you have any replay battles you'd like to highlight for us to look at?

5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

This is more of a training issue. Teams need to think about protecting their fixer rather than charging into open waters and expecting the Fixer to magically keep them alive in the middle, keep two more alive on the sides and another one hiding behind a rock. That's when it becomes easy for an enemy to pick them off.

6. Kaletheshavage

Kaletheshavage Member

Uss your teammates as shields

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I cannot state how important it is for a fixer to STAY WITH THE MK6 ENFO. The enfo can be your shield while you heal him. Almost an impenetrable barrier. As a fixer, if there's a good enfo with you and he pings together, stick with him. He'll play the tank role here while your team can do their thing.

8. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

Lucky for me, most of the time my teammates stick with me so i dont have anything to blame them. The problem is when a defender or speeder rushed in, even with the protection of the teammates i still got dropped super fast. Like a single cycle of a Defender can take down a 5k HP Fixer like me.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  9. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Speeders are hard to stop - the only solution to a Speeder on a kamikaze run is "blow it up first" but for a Defender that decides to crash your front line, you have to use your mobility advantage to put some distance there. Of course if you get a Speeder in your back field and a Defender crashing your front; then you're facing a team with good teamwork, and there isn't much you can do about that.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  10. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

o_O you sirius clark? That defender's boat is halfway underwater. I'd like for you to tell @*JAWS* that your turtle is larger than his blue whale.

Nikkie! likes this.
  11. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

If you notice someone approaching on the minimap look at him/ her, Defenders won't probably have gear lube, just take them out to dance and have fun without being hit. If it is a good yellow boat, just tap next battle :D