1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixer yes, Fixer no.. noway

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Napolike1926, 15 Jun 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Napolike1926

Napolike1926 Active Member

Hi there, I just want to explain all my disappoint about fixer matchmaking. I mean: 75%+ of battles with fixers inside, my team got 0 and other team 1 (some times 2 if they are fleeting). Please make it equal: 0 fixer both or 1-2 fixers both. It's really annoying, especially in deathmatch. I have lots of battles without fixer and enemies with, also in dm.. and often we lose with team damage amount much higher than enemies, but they got fixer. Oh and fixers full duct tapes aren't fixers.
    Thanks.
    Regards.

*JAWS* likes this.
  2. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

they are fixers! they have right to equip what they want, you offend those because YOU WANT them to do something what you like (fixing you) but when for example shooter runs full mortar or torpedo setup noone says anything like "they are not shooters" when they do 0 damage because of their setup

3. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

1 Fixer vs 0 Fixer is close to a 50/50 matchup.

If you lose significantly more than 50% when the opposing team has more Fixers, then thats on you. Figure out where your strategic flaws are and fix the problem. The game cant change the matchmaker because you’re incapeable of handling 1 specific type of matchup.

NeptuneGaming, EyesTv, Sifa and 6 others like this.
  4. Napolike1926

These are just 3 screenshots, but I have many more. I'm still mk5 playing versus mk6/7 every battle and I guess I'm not the problem. Just if a team got + fixers, they could win with less total damage. And if you got full duct tape fixer in team (as the photo) you just don't know it and he can't heal you.. so you ask help for nothing. I just mean that if you have fixer duct tape you can't count it as fixer in matchmaking. 1-2-3 per team, but equal and with healing greens, or it's not a balanced matchmaking!

Attached Files:

EyesTv likes this.
  5. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I don't think you know what "balanced matchmaking" means, or rather, what the balancing parameters are

EyesTv likes this.
  6. Napolike1926

I'm not talking about whole matchmaking man, just saying if a team got fixer, other team have to got fixer too!

7. ShipCrusherCz

no, it does't, you can simply balance it by giving the non-fixer team higher fire power to compensate the lack of healing

8. Napolike1926

Sure! fire power.. with people who shots on the walls.. come on! Did u see screenshots? Shooters mk6/7 make less damage of me (speeder 2 weapons mk5)

9. ShipCrusherCz

hey, matchmaking can't affect whether the player is good or not, get it? you can technicaly have more firepower but players with strong guns might be bad but that's something devs can't change, also the fixer might be bad (too rushy, not able to land bolt etc.) so I think it's fair
    it's normal to target the fixer first when it's possible to remove his healing from battle, when you see that he's selfish let him do his bussines and target the bigger threads, main advantage of selfish fixers is their tanking ability (they can quickly regain lost hp) and most people keep firing at them even when they must see that they'r not normal fixers

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  10. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Problem isnt the fixers balance, its stupid players.
    The other day I had a 5 vs 5, they had 2 fixers we had none.

They also had 3 shooters.
    Team decided to blindly fire (no focus) on the 3 shooters at the front, and every hit was negated by the fixers.

It is clear we have 5 attack ships vs 3, we have the power to overthrow them if we attack.
    Yet the team decides to play fixers paradise and pop shot from a distance.
    I went around the back to take down the fixers (which were holding the team up) and focused on one of the fixers.
    I even was calling "Help" "Attack Fixer 1" etc but just went ignored.
    The unfriendlies all focused fire on me, I died but I managed to leave one of the fixers on 400hp and on fire.
    What did the team do, continue to shoot the shooter at 5000hp, the fixer healed up and they ended up steam rolling us 5-0.

Honestly team work and map control are what decides the outcome of a match, not which ships are in which teams.

11. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Fixer is not some godlike ship that determines wins or losses, it's just like any other ship. If you want equal number of fixers on each team, then you have to have equal number of every ship on each team. And this will make matchmaking take much more longer and make matches boring because there will be less variety.

12. Napolike1926

Guys you can't be serious. If people are dumbs and don't focus fixers before, couldn't rovio just let it be equal? At least I can go around to kill fixer and come back to receive cure.. it's not that much complicated to fix and not even an hard request for sure..

13. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

People in this thread have explained multiple times that this problem isn't actually a problem at all. Still it looks like you just close your eyes and ignore the feedback.

If you feel fixers are so game changing, why not build a fixer setup yourself and play with it. Obviously there will be battles where you are the only fixer in the battle - and if you are right, then you can enjoy your guaranteed wins ;)

14. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

It's laughable just how weak fixers are when you understand the best ways to take them out of play, mate. Relax, and treat one-fixer-on-the-enemy-team matches as tests to improve your game.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  15. Napolike1926

Man, I'm lv38 speeder mk5 at 3500+ infamy (not shopper player).. I know how to play and fixers are my main target, so it's all right. But it's not equal. You all can say what you want, I can post many screenshots to let you all understand what I mean. Let me know if you want to check them.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. Napolike1926

I want you take a look at them anyway. Max files i can upload is 10, but I got many many more.

Attached Files:

17. TheAntiSnipe

I'm F2P too, mk6 with good gear and 3600+, headed for NML next season if conditions are favorable lol.

TDM is a different game in terms of fixer play, you have to consistently prefer the targets who have low health in the fixer's blind spot. Easier than repeatedly taking out the fixer.

Trust me, it doesn't make a difference how fixers are distributed, as long as you have the needed firepower.

18. Napolike1926

And we go back talking about people who shots on the wall. At least a fixer just have to press a button near other mk and give heal. I know isn't that much easy to use a fixer, but isn't easy to shot well either. So i prefer equal fixers in teams.. and u know what? I also don't like when I got fixer in team and other team haven't.. i prefer battles without or both with.. it's not an hard request that need time to fix.. don't know why u keep staying on ur way.. it's not crazy request either..

19. Napolike1926

And you can see in screenshots also a noob 0 infamy in my team twice....... they'r trolling me

20. TheAntiSnipe

What about times when you DON'T have two fixers to put into the match?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.