1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixer coins still broken.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Oggog, 6 Jul 2018.

1. Oggog

Oggog Active Member

B91A5F22-0207-4F65-B548-A0E922560107.png 93705F91-F2A3-4BEC-A319-45FB80C46416.png 972DC20B-57AA-4421-94CC-6A702B0F18A0.png B91A5F22-0207-4F65-B548-A0E922560107.png I am still getting less coins than the opponents on wins. Max I am getting is 5. Fixers still getting the screws in events.

Please help!

PastelPiku likes this.
  2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

1st and 4th games you did the 3rd most contribution and got the 3rd most coins.
    2nd and 3rd games you did the least contribution and got the 3rd most coins.

So you either got the appropriate amount of coins per your contribution rank, or you actually got more coins than your contribution rank.

Your rewards seem pretty logical, but I do agree that healing needs to be bumped up significantly in these reduced-player events. Also, self-healing MUST be included somehow in reduced player (especially 1 and 2) events.

3. Oggog

Oggog Active Member

This does not reflect tape. So my contribution is much higher than depicted. Not allowing tape contribution severely limits a fixer's chances either of winning at all (because the fixer doesn't run tape), or the contributions being counted enough for coins. Being a distraction while my partner kills is extremely helpful in winning the battle.

4. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

5. Oggog

Oggog Active Member

My bad. Chalk one up to stupid people not reading the whole post before replying. ;)

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  6. Oggog

Oggog Active Member

Since the fixer is still getting screwed, trying to play my other boats. Matchmaking thinks I'm uber elite and keeps putting me up against fleeted 5K infamy mk7s. Wonder how long my endurance can last before I give up and find something else to play. So far I'm hanging in there.

Ultrah likes this.
  7. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Let's look at the simplest reduced player event: 1v1. We have a battle of fixer vs another ship with 2 different scenarios:
    1. Fixer manages to win with little or no damage taken.
    2. Fixer takes and self heals 40k of damage before winning.

Which one of the players played better? I would say without a doubt it was the player in scenario 1.

Taking damage can definitely be valid strategy sometimes but definitely not always. Dodging the damage for example is pretty much always just better.

Being able to grind contribution by taking damage intentionally would encourage towards undesirable behavior.

8. Oggog

Oggog Active Member

What follows is strictly my opinion. Obviously others that play primarily fixer may feel differently.

1. VERY unlikely scenario unless the enemy is one of the worst to ever play, or they disconnect.
    2. Almost the only chance a fixer has of winning.
    Not a valid comparison. You speak as if a fixer can dodge at the rate a speeder can.
    Being able to grind contribution by taking damage is about the only way a fixer can even compete in these smaller events. By saying this is not a valid way to contribute, you have removed about the ONLY way a fixer CAN contribute in the 1v1 event and SEVERELY limits how they can contribute in 2v2.

Please reevaluate ways for fixers to grind coins at the rate at least remotely comparable to other ship classes. Those of us who have put our efforts into building our main as a fixer are being left behind because of how the events rewards are working. Which is sad really because these events are a total blast of fun IMO.

Seems like the abuse from fixers sitting and taking damage from enemy ships the way Mikaa Da Yo sat on fires when weapon achievements first came out is a minor risk, if a risk at all. You could cap the contribution from healing (self healing included) in 2v2 to a multiple (or fraction) of the average of the other ships. There has to be a formula that works so that a fixer is playable in the events in a way that allows them to grind coins on par with everyone else.

Last edited: 8 Jul 2018
  9. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Try using stun

I already regret the advice

10. Oggog

Oggog Active Member

If you see the images I posted you will notice I already did. Stun does not add to coin contribution.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  11. Oggog

Oggog Active Member

More total contribution than two of the other boats (doesn’t include stuns keeping enemy stopped) AND game put me on top as if I did better.

Still gained less coins.

Attached Files:

12. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Miika,

U forget the most important point of 1vs1

Kill count!!!

The point of 1 Vs 1 is kill count.
    Not damage.

But it turn out, even if I manage to kill 2 count and win, my coin will only be 7.

They wording used for 1 Vs 1 is so misleading that I use fixer to fight all my 1 Vs 1.

I learn my lesson.

Tdm only count damage and not kill count.

So, fixer is not the good choice in tdm to grind for coin.

13. Oggog

Oggog Active Member

Fixer is still broken as of today's 5v5 death match. It is not playable at all in this one. It was playable in the last DM. Not sure what the difference is but I get the least amount of coins no matter where I finish on the list of teammates after the battle. Also, it still ignores tape. Why have tape in the game if you hate it so much? But even if I don't use tape and I heal massive amounts and get placed higher on the contribution list, I am still getting less coins.

The only way to get coins is to deal damage or capture. Fixer is a support unit and is not supposed to be doing either of these without help. Please fix.

14. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Don't think of yourself as a "fixer" but rather a speeder with healing items instead of yellows

Spinners71 and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  15. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

yes but he's still recieving normal fixer rewards because of his lack of firepower (until mk6 when fixer has firepower similar to the speeder's one)
    that's also reason why I suggested ship designed to work same as selfish fixer but with firepower at all MKs at least comparable to the firepower of fixer at mk6 and 7

16. Oggog

Oggog Active Member

LOL.

The dev @Miika obviously views it that way with his comment saying a fixer dodging almost all damage is an option.

17. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

I've only played fixer, and regularly get 8-9 coins. Granted I've used three duct tapes, but I've also used two pulses, focused on fighting more than healing and gotten same coin earnage.

18. Oggog

Oggog Active Member

Not sure why. I can post battle after battle where I logged higher than others in output and received less coins. Sure, every now and then I get the very rare 7-8 coin battle, or 10 if I capture. But on average, the best I do is 6 even if I finish first in the list. With tape, I never get more than 6 unless it is a capture.

I suck at shooter and I get 7-8 coins in a win very frequently ( I just don't win with shooter frequently so the whole event becomes frustrating). It isn't even close when compared to how few coins my fixer earns. I am easily a WAY better fixer than I am shooter.

19. Oggog

Oggog Active Member

I see in the patch notes that the battle results were sorting incorrectly. We will see where I am placed in the results going forward.

20. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

What do you heal per game/ damage per game on average