1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixer - Best Repair Perks

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by benguin8, 13 Oct 2017.

1. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

First, I've searched the forum and found some useful posts, but I still had more questions.

I just got an epic repair cooldown from raffle and am very disappointed in the bump. Uncommon is 2.5%, rare is 3% and epic is a whopping 4%. Who would pay gold for these when you are not even doubling an uncommon. The max reduction ever would be +16% cooldown.

I have read many old threads pointing out that repair boost perks are much better than cooldown because with cooldown basically all you can hope for is maybe 1-2 more uses from a repair weapon. That thread was before we got (or did not mention) the repair bolt.

So to set the record straight, or at least under one post, is there any purpose for the repair cooldown perks?

Bandage - repair boost all the way as cooldown does nothing
    Repair Box - cooldown of 10s max reduced to 8.4s
    Repair Pulse - 13.2 reduce by 2s
    Duct Tape - 18s reduced by 3s
    Repair Bolt - 13.5 reduced by 3s

So for the 4 you can apply it to, in a 5 minute match you can get 3 to 5 more uses from repair items. But who is using them during the first 30 seconds of the match really? So that number drops. It is hard to do some other math because actual healing depends on crew training, but based on the # of times you can use it, cooldown perks improve your healing at most by around 13-15% (eg. 32 repair boxes in 5 min vs 27).

Why would anyone want to use this perk when repair boosts will give you a max of 30% with epic perks? Cooldown perks just do not seem to be well balanced with other cooldown options. Perhaps this needs to be changed to duration like we do for overboost?

Anyone think otherwise?

2. Fix-it

Fix-it Active Member

Student
    Box should be range+rp boost.

Boxes need to save ships from one or two shots. Thus you can combine a swift pulse to heal them. Espicially speeders like them very much! Also range is for other ships. You need to take cover. If you brake your cover for sending boxes, It will trouble you.

Bolt should be rp boost+ cooldown

Bolt is a first aid too. If you have another fixer in your team, you can save them from very critic situations while not bothering to rush in and risk yourself. You need to give them as much hp as you can. But you need to have cooldown perks. You may need it anytime since you dont know when they will attack your fixer friend.

Duct tape and Repair pulse are correct. They heal overtime. The more you use fast, the more you will heal much!

3. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

In terms of healing output 4% reduced cooldown is pretty close to 7.5% healing boost (as its only 7.5% of your base healing amount). My guess is that lower cd is slightly higher theoretical hps even. However, once you get to mk6 it becomes a harder to take full advantage of then shorter cd, between 2 weapons, 1 yellow and 3 green items you are busy enough already.