1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fix Mortars

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by TheAntiSnipe, 27 Sep 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I wanted to talk about two things: The first is a global change to mortar mechanics and the second is firebomb specific.

About the first one. It would be great if the devs made the mortar circles get painted in real-time instead of only once at the time of the shot. This would actually fix a lot of issues players are facing, and have been facing ever since the game launched.

The second one, make it so that firebomb circles are accurate. The firebomb is a DoT with the damage of a Berta, but a lot more radius. However, being caught on the edge for 10 seconds of burn time leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

I'm not going to comment on firebomb balance here, but I find these suggestions to be perfectly rational, even to the firebomb users among us.

To clarify, I want the firebomb to be as accurate and consistent in behaviour as all the other weapons are. This isn't a nerf or anything, is it?

2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

T50 epic firebomb user here, it's working fine, leave it alone :D

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

Lol:D

But you know what? It's time for
    P R E C I S I O N;):cool::D

4. PallabKumarS

PallabKumarS Active Member

Student
    Completely agree with you..it needs to be fixed

ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I have precision, thats why I constantly hit people for 2000 damage burns :)

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

Suuuuuure:rolleyes:
    Such skill...:p

ShipCrusherCz and HAPPY SITHSHA like this.
  7. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

LV40 Epic Firebomb and Lv6 Legendary Firebomb here too,it's working damn great.
    ;););)
    No,it's time for

FIREBOMB MAYHEM:cool::cool:

8. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

It would be great if the target circles were drawn in real time tbh, and yeah - firebomb radius calculations are whack ATM! I've been literally just outside the radius when it's landed, and somehow still been hit for 5s+ of burn.

9. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

I accept that too.

10. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Yea, they're wonky. The firebomb doesn't need a change in its mechanics, it really does work fine, it's just the information that's trash. You might as well eyeball where you think it's going to land because it doesn't always land in the circle. Grenades are notorious for this as well due to having a lot of horizontal velocity.

11. TheAntiSnipe

Let's fix ALL of them

12. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Yes yes, the game already calculates where the projectile will travel (you can see the arc when leading your shots) so it should use this to calculate the point which the arc intersects with the surface of the water in real time, rather than just a prediction at the moment of fire.