1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Firebomb bomb

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by nosesabe, 16 Jun 2018.

1. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

In this post I’ll talk about FB in high levels and why is it op.

1- The bug: you get high damage often (not always) when you’re in the edge of the radius.
    B3DDD203-B4FE-4A3A-BD15-E04BBACAD566.gif

2- Anothe bug: the shoot angle is small and the projectile doesn’t land on the center of the circle by far.
    73160712-2F89-4AC8-B7EA-40A9EDA8A183.gif
    In this situation I went to block the shot but it when over me and into my left, far from the circle.

3- I feel like when they developed this weapon they tried to make it similar to the Big Berta but with a few changes. If we compare the characteristics of both we can clearly see it:
    View attachment 15222 View attachment 15223
    Same cooldown and very similar range, projectile speed and total damage. The most significant difference between the two is it’s radius.

This is with out any research done. With research it changes a lot. While when researching the big Berta we can only add more damage (just bb research, not all mortar research), when researching the Fire Bomb we can increase the damage by 20%, the duration by up to 5 seconds more and reduce the cooldown time by 20%.

The bb achieves its function, a lot of damage in very little time if you have the necessary skill to land the shot, but the firebomb can produce almost the same damage or even more with out the skill factor due to it has a MUCH BIGGER radius, which also means more probabilities of hitting +1 boats with one shot.

Because of this reasons I think the fire bomb is overpowered.

In my opinion, in order to balance it the radius should be made similar to the one of the bb (3.2) and not 3.6 as it is.

2. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Nooooo!!!!

Yours sincerely,
    A Firebomb User:):):)

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  3. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Yessssss! Because right now the Firebomb is OP as hell. Big radius, faster projectile, long range. And can do a lot of damage. And gives support to ur cannons. Is this not enough. It is OP. Please make it less OP.

Thank you:)

4. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I use it too occasionally and I can safely say it's op (even though I have not dedicated much training too it and its under leveled, it is as affective as my other weapons on fixer). RIP :confused:

5. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Only skilled players could lead Firebomb shot accurately.Noobs will only lead their shots wrongly.So,it is not that too OP.:cool::cool:

6. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Those bugs are so annoying. Fixing them should be enough for balance.

7. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

But if to have a good fire bomb you'll have less HP, what do you sacrifice to have a big Bertha?

Medullaoblongata, Hokuse and Sifa like this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Bugged radius makes it worse, and you have my vote for this nerf.

9. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

A good point!

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  10. Rainbow Warrior

Wouldn't it be better to improve the landing prediction?

11. Rainbow Warrior

This bug also affects the fire bomb user when he/ she does a great aiming and hit you right in the middle of the radius but you receive only 5 seconds. I saw it happening with you, Nosesabe, maybe a month ago, on wayward pains, you probably don't remember because taking 5 seconds of a firebomb isn't remarkable.

nosesabe likes this.
  12. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

people hate mortars, high infamy dont have any mortars so firebomb attract all the hate. dodge it man, find cover, u standing on the spot on the map where mortars hit the most and start qqing. blame on your skill instead of the weapon.

13. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

What do you think about duration bug? Sometines i got hit on the edge of firebomb but duration is about 15-20 secs. Is it just my bad skills?

14. TheAntiSnipe

It's not anyone's skill, FB is a known OP weapon. I'm a speeder and enfo player, and I play defender as well. FB is just plain bugged. Now I wouldn't mind it at all if they simply fixed the radius of the FB and made all trajectories realtime in nature, then FB wouldn't even need a nerf.

However, your statement that there is nothing wrong is something I'm calling you out on. I've stood on the rim of a T4 epic FB, and taken 10 seconds of 78 burns. This is crazy. 780 damage when on the rim is just insane. No way it isn't bugged.

15. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

thats the landscape bug, showing inaccurate landing

16. Rainbow Warrior

It happens with every weapon that has a prediction area (I really don't know if that's a good way to describe it in english :p), I hate missiles for the same reason

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. PhoenixLife

PhoenixLife Well-Known Member

Videogames
    Last edited: 16 Jun 2018
  18. TheAntiSnipe

Spot on, that's why I said
    So that we can finally block well with TS

19. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

Not quite, bb projectile trajectory is very high, therefore when it hits the ground the angle is closer to 90° and closer to the center of the circle. Same happens with ballpark and standard mortar. The problem is fb, misiles and long range mortar.

Anyway, the radius but is the worst one. But fb is still op because of the total damage that can cause.

20. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

Im voting to nerf FB as well, put aside the bug or the damage, i have been sunk so many times because the shooters on my side have nothing but firebombs and torps, nerf it so shooters will be more useful on other thing rather than camping.