1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Bomb

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by HARPO!, 7 Mar 2018.

1. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Im gonna be really frank with you guys. Fire bomb nerf didn’t work. I mean seriously, I’m on the outside of it, get hit by it, and then I’m on fire for 65 dmg/ second for 19 seconds. I’m wondering why this sudden love for fire weapons, and yet the frost weapons get the butt of the nerfing. Not balanced.

Last edited: 8 Mar 2018
    d_p air and Gnu like this.
  2. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Can you share the battle replay so we can see that you were outside of it?

Ian likes this.
  3. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    The firebomb circle is just super poorly made as it doesn't really show where it's hitting the water most times. I feel the mortars work much better, maybe because they hit the water quicker & waves have less time to change.

wtfack likes this.
  4. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

That was buff not nerf for firebomb. Useless, it should be less damage for less duration at edge. Promote proper usage of weapon not spamming I see lots of shooter having more than 2 firebombs.

wtfack likes this.
  5. Sh@rp shooter

Sh@rp shooter Active Member

Seriously man there has been a lot of increase in fire bomb and all the players seems to have one now and sometimes 2 or 3. I know for sure devs are gonna nerf it in next update if they go by stats but it will be too late atleast for me.

6. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

People complained that they were getting hit on the edge of the firebomb, and even though the damage was low, the duration and increased cannon damage was the killer.
    So Rovio listened and changed it, so that the duration is reduced the further from the centre you are, but it will tick for the full damage.
    Now you want damaged minimised and duration minimised, might as well throw it on the pile with frost if that is the case.

Ultrah, wtfack, PastelPiku and 7 others like this.
  7. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

The one issue I have with firebomb is it constantly hits for very long duration even when outside of the circle. I'll make a note to record it next time this happens, but it's the only mortar weapon that does this.

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Wait, you mean I'm not the only one to get hit by a 10 second burn slightly outside the FB circle?

FearsomeChicken, Snapshot and HARPO! like this.
  9. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

I get hit for 1 second by firebomb on the edge. The circle always is a more forward than what is shown.

10. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I can’t because I wasn’t recording the battle. But I’ll make a video to show you what I mean.

11. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

It’s like 10 seconds if you are on the edge. Fire weapons are extremely powerful and they definetly over power the frost ones. Not fair.

12. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I've been noticing what seemed like surprisingly long burn times when I was on the very edge of the circle. I've also thought "Wait, I thought I was out of the ring" and still got hit with several seconds of burn. I can't say for sure but I do think Rovio ought to investigate the falloff radius on FB and make sure it's working as intended.

HARPO! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

There are times I only take a few seconds of fire at the edge, other times I take a good 10 - 15 seconds. Not sure if it's a bug but it's damn annoying.

HARPO! likes this.
  14. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

There was taking high damage from the edge too before the update. Not just fire bomb all mortars. I don't think if it is a bug but it will good to get an explain from devs.

15. Cpt. Dong

Cpt. Dong Member

Dear scrubs, when will u stop your whining?
    This op that op. Honestly if you can’t win it’s on YOUR skills not the freaking game lmao. Every game has its own meta. You either adopt/adapt.

16. Cpt. Dong

Cpt. Dong Member

Fb op
    Sniper op
    Tesla shield op
    Everything not in my setup op

lol! You’re probably mk5s stuck in 1k lmfao

Babablacksheep likes this.
  17. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

It's hit and miss. Usually when my FB catches an opposing player on the fringe, it does a 1 sec tick or doesn't count. Reversed it really sucks.

This should be looked at in line with Mortars though. A mortar shot on the fringe deals significantly more damage than what a Fire Bomb would and there should be no difference.

18. TheAntiSnipe

Excuse me?

Part of my responsibilities as MVP is being polite. However.

Did you even read the whole post before commenting? Or are you being a troll?

HARPO! likes this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

Actually, that's not the issue here. I got burned for 10 seconds on the outer rim of an FB the other day in Chillzone. At first I thought it was the result of another FB. But I think someone should look into the outer rims of the FB.

20. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a mk5 at 3600+ Infamy. So yes I do have an opinion on what’s overpowered and what’s not. I’m also a free to play player. All skill. Anything else snide you wanna say?

Mad_Bulls_007 and Sh@rp shooter like this.