1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fire bomb vs Flare gun

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Anonim23, 28 Jan 2019.

1. Anonim23

Anonim23 Member

Can someone please explain to me which one is better? From what I've seen so far:
    Fire bomb
    - easier to hit enemies
    - can hit enemies from a safe distance
    - can hit multiple enemies with one shot (I even managed to set the entire enemy team on fire with one shot)
    - it's safer to use because you don't have to expose yourself
    - waves are not a problem
    - bigger damage / time burning
    - longer durration if enemies are in the center
    Flare gun:
    - when you hit an enemy, he is set on fire for the maximum duration, unlike the fire bomb when the enemies are far from the center
    - lower cooldown time
    - can be used in low ceiling areas
    - costs 1 slot

Which of the two would you recommend?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  2. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

What boat do you plan to use it on? If it’s just a shooter than I’d say firebomb is better, but if you’re using a speeder or interceptor, than flare gun might be the way to go.

Sidd gamer and Help I Cant Swim like this.
  3. capphil11

capphil11 Member

One additional advantage of the Flare Gun is that is can reduce healing (bandage and from fixer) with the proper training up to 30% which can be quite significant.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

With the recent nerfs to Fire Bomb it's become very unreliable to use in a Fire Combo... boats are fast, usually only getting hit on the edge and burn for only enough time for a shot or two, sometimes none. For fire combo, Flare is king... burns long enough to take out a ship completely.

5. Anonim23

Anonim23 Member

I agree that it can be difficult to hit faster boats with fire bomb, but most of my shots I get a 12-13 sec burn (I'm a low tier player). For me the flare gun is way more difficult to hit in maps with big waves such as sub-zero unless I get very close. And if I use a speeder I risk getting killed before I can get close enough and evade (again I'm a low tier player so I'm don't have that much skill).

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Smart money is on building both, but choosing to upgrade the flare later.
    Make sure you practice with the flare in casual.

R4Z0R likes this.
  7. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Depends on what ship you want to run as a main. Enfo/speeder - flare gun always imo. But as Anti said - develop both over time if you want to play multiple ships

Sidd gamer likes this.
  8. envylife

If you have an issue with waves and Flare, you're also going to have an issue with waves and Canons... so I'd argue Flare remains the better option in that situation if you are looking for the combo. Being at low level you may not have trained all the fire boosts, which is worth +40% canon damage.

Even with the 12-13 second burn with FB at range, by the time you get close enough to use a Canon for the combo, the fire is frequently burned out. This is why FB used to burn for longer pre-nerf, to give better chance at a combo. At this point one could argue FB is better used to put fire on enemies for your teammates who are closer.. but battle rewards for team fire contribution were also nerfed.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  9. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    flare gun projectile speed is very low compared to cannon . maybe its improve when training is done . but this one of reason .

10. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    I like fire bombs. flare gun i will build maybe for interceptor but fire bombs are useful when someone if behind some obstacles .

both are good just find your style .

Aether_Zero likes this.
  11. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Yeah, it can be quite hard to lead flare shots early game, but with training and the event Quickshot perk (cooldown+projectile speed) it can be brutal in the right hands. An epic T5 maxxed out flare is basically a death clock.

12. envylife

It's actually not. My BC's speed is 27.7, Flare is 27.5, and Ex Canon is the slowest at 23.1. Standard Canon and Sniper are faster, but not as. frequently used for fire combo.

Aether_Zero likes this.