1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fire bomb 1k dps

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Nye, 31 Jul 2017.

Tags:
  1. Nye

Nye New Member

How the h&$! do you get a rare (don't remember if it was II or III) fire bomb to deal 1k dps??? (Mk 4, infamy around 1000 - so you can get the context)... I'm seeing this a lot lately but can't figure out how. Anyone care to enlighten me?. Thanks in advance!

2. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    You don't. Fire bombs don't do anything like that in terms of dps. The DPS of a level 1 legendary is 67...far off from 1000.

And you can pay for stuff in the game too. I suspect you are speaking out of frustration though with the caliber of the opponents' weapons. All I can say, is it only gets worse! But you get better at fighting them too.

3. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Total damage? There's a bunch of perks and training that will get the duration to 20 seconds(?) and then you need at least a tier 4 rare.

4. Nye

Nye New Member

I'll try to get a ss next time I see it... What else can make me see -1000 over and over? (I'm saying that I'm obviously not referring to 1 shot doing that damage)

5. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Oh yes. The "-####" is the amount of damage you've taken consecutively added up so it keeps adding.

6. Nye

Nye New Member

Ok so the only way I can be seeing this is if I've been hit several times by that fire bomb/flare gun?

7. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

The damage done with any weapon with fire damage perk also counts while u are on fire.

CrazyFixer likes this.
  8. Nye

Nye New Member

Ok sorry for the newbie questions but we are all newbies at some point :)... When you say "also counts", you mean that it will keep doing damage over time??. I mean I want to understand how after being hit by a fire bomb/flare gun I can be seeing -xxx or -xxxx DPS?

9. H.A.D.E.S

Yeah I can understand...No problem.

Q. Why we see xxx or xxxx damage?
    A. When u get hit with a flare gun or fire bomb, the damage is counting like 20/sec, and at the same time someone hits u with sniper cannon which did around 700 damage....So the damage it will show u is like this 700-720-740-760 and so on.
    The 700 will be constant but the damage of flare gun/fire bomb will be added continuously to it, showing that damage is increasing, while it's not.

CrazyFixer likes this.
  10. Nye

Nye New Member

Hmm ok I thought that the enhanced damage that a cannon had over a burning enemy, was with every shot, not that 1 shot could deal a constant dps added to the fire bomb/flare gun damage?... I haven't been able to replicate that

11. H.A.D.E.S

In simple words...example- the 700 damage done is for 1 time only (not 700/sec).....It's just showing up with burning damage which is being added up into it, while the damage going on u is only 20/sec.

CrazyFixer likes this.
  12. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

The damage number stacks when u r on fire. I've had my damage meter go up to 12,000 before because I was on fire almost the entire battle, and all the damage I took kept showing above me. Thankfully I had a good fixer to keep me alive...

behumble likes this.
  13. Nye

Nye New Member

12k?!! Wow. I still have a looong way to go lol, but it's not that easy at the beginning to figure out these things by ourselves :/

14. H.A.D.E.S

I think, I said the same thing as @P0rthos....Just a little more elaborated.

CrazyFixer likes this.
  15. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Yeah the way damage shows on yourself is just really weird. I never understood why they made it this way.

16. H.A.D.E.S

Yeah, plus those big names showing in the middle of battle screen about who killed who are really annoying.

CrazyFixer likes this.
  17. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

They are? I was never bothered by that. It's not like they stay for long.

18. H.A.D.E.S

The don't bother me too....It's just I have missed some pretty good shots in battle just bcoz of that.

CrazyFixer and Riddlerpaji like this.