1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Feel like a little worm on a big bloody hook!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Cavy, 13 May 2018.

1. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

For a long time I was strugling to break past 1000 infamy, then a couple of weeks ago I suddenly started making some ground.
    Tho when I broke past roughly 12-1300 I found my self overwhelming out classed lol (I'm gonna say it's cos my boat and gear was far lower ;p ) to the point where in the majority of matches since I've had almost no impact at all, if I did any thing good for my team it was drawing fire from them lol
    Anyway the bay gods blessed me with good team mates cos even while caring my useless burnt hull, they've still managed to win and I have been climbing in infamy even tho it's obvious I'm in over my head! Made it over 1900 before losing my good luck streak :)
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about this! I prefer punching above my weight, just concerned cos What goes up must come down and I'm nearly back to where I started lol
    Thing is a good mate quit playing recently after having a bad run and dropping nearly 1000 infamy, he was unfairly caught up in anti tanking program and even tho he was dominating score boards was getting no stars and bugger all rewards.
    I'm worried cos I dropped nearly 500 in one particularly bad day and am still losing and no rewards would hurt a lot lol I'm too little to stop growing now especially since I climbed so far above my weight class and was only natural to fall back

Can anyone tell me what the magic number for infamy lose before you get penalised? And if there's maybe plans to patch this so it doesn't effect those who're not doing anything wrong?

2. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

mate the magic numero is top secret coz they dont want tankers dropping just above the tank number so they dont get penalised but still tank so rip... every game will have its fallbacks unfortunately :|
    aha the tags tho...xD

3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It’s roughly -800 (the actual mechanism is a secret). Hopefully, they will rework it soon, as it hasn’t been successful.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much, if you’re a low mk ship in Master, it shouldn’t be too hard for you to climb out if you do get snagged.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  4. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

My friend only jumped up to around 2k before dropping down below 1k and after playing for around 2 weeks he gave up! I was stuck around 1000 infamy fro about a month until this huge jump, there's no reason I couldn't end up stuck there again and this time getting no rewards

5. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

What ship do you have?

6. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Just made captain lvl 30 and got my first mk5 witch didn't help me much at first being so much higher then I should have, but am more comfortable now back around 1200! Am able to carry myself here reasonably but am still losing :(
    Mk5 shooter and all others mk4 tho most of my guns don't pack much of a punch lol

7. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

chuck us a screeno mate?