1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Item and How to Use It

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by The Otherguy, 25 Aug 2017.

1. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    What are your favorite Red, Yellow (optional), Green (optional), and Blue item/s. Also the mk you're using.
    I Love my t3 rare grenade, t3 uncommon big torp, tesla bolt, and bandage/ big shield.
    I use the grenade (with range perk) because at t3 rare, it does 450, the torp for the umf, the tesla bolt for the get away, and the bandage to heal up. (I'm an mk4 speeder)
    Tips for grenade.
    • Adding range/fire perks is a good idea
    • The grenade has such a low flight trajectory, that trying to hit the unfriend with the projectile is a good idea
    Torp
    • I use speed perks cause I would rather be able to hit someone more often than to do more dmg when I do.
    • Sometimes, it is better to hit the wall/wreck for a sure detonation and splash dmg, than a possible miss.
    • The torp is best a close range, where it is easier to hit.
    Tesla bolt
    • Use this only when you want to get away/let your weapons reload, cause any dmg breaks it.
    Bandage
    • Keep in mind that this is best for the hit 'n run/high hp.
    That's my thoughts, anyone else have a favorite item to give tips about?

Babablacksheep likes this.
  2. disorder

disorder Active Member

i love :

grenade : fire perk for me, can reach nearly 50% of luck for fire dot. i use no range because it's a slow weapon, so easy to aim at short range, especially against boat moving backward.

teslabolt : the best item for me.
    => it prevents heal (in cpatain training)
    => if the boat got a firedot, the firedot stay during teslabolt...
    => stop speeder, at high lvl speeder are really fast, but with a tesla, he can't use ob, or nitro... for me far better than frostblaster.
    => stop fixer power, horrible to hit a boat when a fixer heal him. a tesla on fixer and you can easier kill the other boat.
    => It removes teslashield.

_devill and The Otherguy like this.
  3. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

I love my Napalm Launcher with duration & range perks.

As a Fixer the range perks allow me to stay behind the pack while still being able to place it where it's needed. Look for choke points; I either try to drop it behind an unfriend to separate them from the pack or just simply try to block off the route for all unfriends. Duration + cooldown training allows you to drop another napalm before the first has expired allowing continuous blocking of one route or even cutting off both sides of a tunnel making the unfriends sitting ducks.

Wainwright, Rango8 and The Otherguy like this.
  4. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Mortars and Fire Bomb.

Find a spot where you're safe behind an obstacle or can retreat from quickly and mash that fire button

5. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Gonna bump this one too with a question.

Can someone explain the idiosyncrasies of the Tesla Shield? I understand it's broke with Tesla Bolt or Rail Gun. You have to be directly in the center of a mortar blast or you take the full area damage.
    Can it block naplam directly? It doesn't seem to block firebomb? Are you stunned when the damage is greater than the shield can block? Then what happens to the "extra" damage?
    My lvl21 shield really isn't impressing me.

6. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

It's supposed to block napalm and firebomb and the extra damage just disappears.

Ex cannon is my favorite weapon. Have to really learn to lead your shots or be really close with it. Damage or fire damage perks are best for it. It's easiest to aim into a large group of unfriends since it does seem to give you a pretty big hitbox. Besides that I just aim at the easiest boat to hit(defender>shooter>speeder>enforcer)or the one on fire. Mk5 defender.

_devill, The Otherguy and fr4nk1yn like this.
  7. fr4nk1yn

Thanks. If the extra damage disappears it could almost be worth the stun. Unless you then get hit with a t4 epic blast cannon :eek:

8. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

It absolutely is worth the stun haha. Cause then even if you do get hit with that blast cannon which would probably stun you anyway at least then you're not on fire for the next shot

The Otherguy and fr4nk1yn like this.
  9. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    MY LOADOUT:
    I run a mark 5 shooter with a sniper cannon, 2 swift torps, 1 triple torp, and 1 big torp (all tier 3 or 4 rares) I actually used to run a full burning weapons set when I first started playing battle bay, but then they nerfed the flare gun so that load out went to the trash... But ever since i got a mark 3 shooter, torps started being my favorite.
    MY WEAPONS:
    • Sniper cannon: I mostly use it for hitting unfriends from places where torps can't hit, for saving my butt in extremely close combat, or to finish off a fleeing unfriend. I use only crit chance perks (cuz, dem crits thoh)
    • Swift torps: I like to take the best quality of a weapon, and make it stand out more. So I use torp speed and damage perks. They my most versatile torps since they have a shorter cool down and I have 2 of them. They're plenty of fun!
    • Triple torps: I either use these as backup torps, or using them in situations in which I land all projectiles on a single target. Speed perks for greater chance of landing multiple projectiles.
    • Big torp: my main damage dealer. I run only damage perks on it, so that when it hits, it hurts a lot. People say that the best perks to use are torp speed perks. I honestly don't care much about that advise (no offense to those who do follow that advise, it's not a bad thing). Even though torp speed perks make it easier to land shots, I'm confident enough in my own aim to take that risk.

In terms of my blue items, I use a big shield and a turbo. Occasionally I use a rudder in place of a big shield for extra evasiveness.

P.S. don't call me a camper or something like that because I'm not. I fight in all ranges, depending on the situation.
    AThumbCut_170903-195951.jpg

10. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

My favorite weapon is my tier 4 rare blast cannon, one epic dmg perk an uncommon dmg perk and a rare burn perk. My secondary is an epic firebomb. Favorite blue is split between my bandage and my turbo, since they are both mandatory on my mk5 speeder. Favorite yellow I would say my tesla bolt, but some don't understand it's use since they shoot it Rt after I stun someone. I will go w nitro since it helps me dodge mortars

11. fr4nk1yn

Damn I hate that! I use Tesla Bolt while my weapons are on cool-down and suddenly I'm a sitting duck.

_devill, Jdm7 and The Otherguy like this.
  12. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    Red: Rare T3 29 lvl Blast Cannon. I use all uncommon cannon dmg perks. I love it cuz Ive played so with it that I can lead a shot very well. This is a great weapon to use and I love the smg output I use speeder mk4
    Yellow: Epic Overboost. I like his cuz it gives extra speed. No way to use it except click the item in battle XD
    Blue: turbo cuz I love speed
    Green: box cuz it's a box. Use it so that you put it where they're about to go not where they are. Also predict their moves and stay close to them

Sorry for my bad grammar but I'm sleepy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Otherguy likes this.
  13. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

My favourite yellow at the moment is the Tesla Shield. Throughout a game, it essentially gives me about a thousand free hit points, which is pretty important because my speeder is made out of tinfoil.

What I really like about it is that it can save your ass during a moment of confusion. If I'm in the middle of loads of unfriends and suddenly lose my target lock, or I'm trying to flee backwards and I hit a wall... For those few seconds of panic when I'd otherwise be a sitting duck, I can just hit my shield, and I've bought myself a few extra seconds to point my ship in the right direction, recover my aim, and let my gun cool down.

It's also really nice to have in a tight 1v1, when whoever gets the next hit wins. If I'm able to put up my shield then I can easily tank a faster weapon like a cannon, while my blast cannons reload.

fr4nk1yn, Uerguy and The Otherguy like this.
  14. fr4nk1yn

Give me some advice. When I put my shield up, especially when I get "lost", I get hammered with mortars.
    Just yesterday I was in a 1v1, or so I thought, got hit with a blast cannon strong enough to stun then it rained mortars. It seems to be common that the unfriends batter me when they see it go up.

Do I just need to level it up?

The Otherguy likes this.
  15. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Well... As I'm a massive noob, I'm probably the wrong person to give any sort of advice on BB. xD

However, since you asked :) ... I think the unfriends like to batter me whether my shield is up or not, so I'd rather take an epic blast cannon on my shield than on my hull.

I'm not certain how the collision detection works with the tesla shield, so it's possible you might get stunned by a shot that would otherwise have missed you, given that the shield has a much larger profile.

I'm not usually too worried about mortars, as they're the easiest weapons for the speeder to avoid just by moving. I had a really lucky game last week, where I was left 3 on 1 (or more like 2.2 on one). I thought I was dead for sure, but after I killed the damaged guy, I realised the last two unfriends were kitted out with all mortars (I think they only had one cannon between them). So it ended up being quite an easy win. My team mates sent me friend requests after the game, they probably thought I was really good, but actually it was just a flukey match up.

The way I play it, I think I'm going to end up putting all my talents into shield hp, and try to keep the duration short. The longer it's up, the more chance that you'll end up stunned. And I really only want it for the surprise 'your next shot misses' factor.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  16. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Since the update, people love breaking shields, so unless you're shield blocks over 4/500 it will be broken.

Last edited: 8 Sep 2017
    fr4nk1yn likes this.
  17. fr4nk1yn

My shield has 525 hitpoints. Thanks to @Rango8 it's become more valuable knowing how exactly to use it. BTW it can stop firebombs and napalm from igniting.
    The only problem now is the long weapons cooldown it causes.

The Otherguy and Rango8 like this.
  18. fr4nk1yn

Changing my favorite item to Tesla Bolt. My most powerful powerful right now is only a level 30 uncommon. but I have 6.7 seconds of stun still.
    Use is simple. When you're in a 1v1 you blast with all you have, stun and wait for cooldown, blast again. By that time the Tesla Bolt should be close to cooldown.
    In a 2v1, you stun the stronger one and fire on the weaker, then stun the stronger again. They usually go someplace else unless you're the last or they're pissed off from the all the stone-cold stunners.
    Also stun those pesky fixers to keep them from fixing the ship your firing on.

19. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

20. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Red: Sniper Cannon. Because massive crits are just how I say hello.
    Yellow: Overboost, because I'm a sitting duck otherwise. I miss the old Overboost.
    Green: Repair Bolt, honestly. The change to 1-slot made it entirely worth using.
    Blue: Turbo. See above re: Overboost and the Need 4 Speed

Shadow Moon! and thatnerdchic like this.