1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

F2P (or mostly f2p) How many legendary pieces have you gotten?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Ian, 6 Jul 2017.

1. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I'm curious how everyone is doing in terms of acquiring a legendary item w/o paying? Wondering if it's really viable to get one without spending that $$$. Nothing against those who support the game to get them, but wanted to see how the others were doing.
    (Hopefully you didn't scrap them early on haha) For me, I'm at 3 blues 1 yellow but I have spent $10 to get enough pearls for a container, so really only 2 blues from being F2P. You guys?

Playing since global launch, most of mine from scrapping rares

Last edited: 6 Jul 2017
  2. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    I do not see it as realistic for anyone who does not pay..for the vast majority at least. Some have done the math on this in earlier posts.

3. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Been playing since global launch, didn't buy any 3900 boxes, got 1 legendary piece from scrapping an epic

Ian likes this.
  4. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I have 5 pieces. 3 red, 1 blue, 1 yellow. bought 2 Epic Crates, and won 2 seasons in Ace 3 and Ace 2 that gives out 1 legendary pieces.
    Been playing for 6 months now since January Pre-Global Release. Mind you Legendaries only came out about 3 months ago, so I only have a 1.5month lead over the Global Release folks.

Ian likes this.
  5. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

I got 8 legendary pieces, 7 red and 1 green.

The only thing I pay for is vip subscription. I've played for like 1,5 monts, but I already have over 4k battles. So with that amount of battles I got enough pearls to buy the epic container once. And I got just 1 legendary green piece from the container. The other 7 were from star crates and scrapping.

So I think I'm living proof that you can aquire a legendary item without spending a few hundreds on pearls.

Ian likes this.
  6. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

I have been playing about two months and have only bought VIP subscription for one month. I have about 1,100 battles under my belt.

In that time, spending no pearls on chests, I have two total legendary pieces. I assume I would get one legendary item (if I'm lucky) after about a year or so. By that time, however, all my "earned" Epics and Rares will be far stronger that the legendary, so it's likely I will never use a legendary in battle. And god help me if I'm actually still playing this game after a year. You can only win 50% of battles for so long no matter what you equip before the game simply gets boring.

Ian likes this.
  7. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

3 red, 2 yellow and 1 blue.
    Never bought a single pearl.

Ultrah and Ian like this.
  8. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    1 red 1 blue
    Been playing 3 months
    No money spent

cgr3asy, Paccdaddy and Ian like this.
  9. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I got 1 red piece since I started playing 2 months ago. I got it from the daily box for the first 3 battles. Was pretty surprised and thought it was not that hard to get one. Haven't seen another one.

It didn't help that the first month playing the game, I wasted my pearls on upgrading because I was still new to the game.

I only spent a month of VIP but it's a waste as I am always full with sugars and not enough gold.

Ian likes this.
  10. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    I started playing in soft launch, maybe about the same time as D3X and Stelmo. Right now I have 5 red and 2 yellow. Bought once $30 USD in pearls, spent them on training and one epic crate and from it I got my first red that I scrapped because I wanted to see what it gave (now there is a hint of what you may get when you scrap objects). So, additionally I have 82 legendary bolts and 13 legendary power cells.

Ian likes this.
  11. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Been playing 2 months.

Soon to be level 27.

0 legendary pieces.

$0 spent.

Pray for me please

12. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Been playing for 1. 5 months and am captain lvl 22. I have 2 red legendary item pieces and have spent 0.00 USD. 1 from scrapping t2 rare and one from... wait for it...
    Scrapping a common!! I almost died.

13. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Playing for almost 2 months, no money spent. Found zero.

14. Joey who

Pray for me and I'll pray for you.

Mamamyers likes this.
  15. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Imma pray for both y'all :cool:

• Percy • and Joey who like this.
  16. Joey who

Pray circle :D

• Percy • likes this.
  17. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    Since the introduction of legendarys I've found 2 pieces from scrapping rare items. But I've opened about 8 epic chests which means I've scrapped many Rares. If you are f2p just don't think about legendarys. Chances are you will get tier 4-5 epic everything on your ship before you get a legendary item

18. Smoker9000

Smoker9000 Member

The only viable way of getting a gold item without spending is reaching ace or nightmare leagues where you're guaranteed one legendary piece in season loot

19. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Top ten ace 1 isn't as easy as it used to be..

20. Smoker9000

Smoker9000 Member

No it sure isn't