1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Explosive Cannon Perk Question

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by ahlaaron, 16 Oct 2017.

1. ahlaaron

ahlaaron New Member

I know my explosive cannon doesnt really crit so not sure if i want to invest in crit chance. I currently have a lvl 30 Rare explosive Cannon and have another one waiting for when Bhurt allows for tier 4 cannons. So I'm probably going to keep using my explosive cannon for awhile. The question is this. Right now I have 2 rare cannon crit perks and an epic crit perk for 4.5% so if i add all 3 I can do 10.5% crit, whereas right now i only have equipped 3 uncommon damage perks because i dont have any better damage perks. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

2. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    My suggestion is that you put the crit chance in, but if you don’t like it, swap to cannon damage perks. As long as you can hit your explosive cannon majority of the time is the best utilisation.

The Otherguy and ahlaaron like this.
  3. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Hi...welcome to the wonders of the ex cannon.

I highly suggest. You don't add critical chance perks to ex cannon.

All the top players I have seen including my own ex cannon. Use damage perks. Or fire perks.

Damage perks hurt the unfriend everytime you hit em. And with the area damage that is included with landing an ex cannon shot. Don't discount this. It rocks.

Fire raises your damage on unfriended when they are on fire. This is helpful if you are using a fire weapon. Flare, fieebomb, napalm.

Success leaves clues. Look up my boat.
    Look at American Mauraders ex cannon. Look at MikeyC, and Elitist. Look at the perks these guys and myself are using. And take your time. Collect em over the next few months. And match. It really works!

Best of luck and welcome to
    the ex cannon club
    *JAWS* the Rebellion

4. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Equip what is highest rarity.
    I have 5.5% crit on my ExC, and I love it.

ViscountSniffit and ahlaaron like this.
  5. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I have two uncommon crit chance perks on my Blast Cannon, taking it up to 4%. It wasn’t really by design, they were just the only perks that turned up in my shop.

4% doesn’t sound much, but it’s certainly noticeable. I’m often picking up crit kill awards, and doing ridiculous damage. Perhaps it’s not as consistent as other perks, but it’s a real game changer when it happens.

I honestly have no idea if I’d prefer all damage perks, but I can tell you the crit chance perks are absolutely worth taking if you’ve got em. The ‘bigger crit’ perks, not so much.

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

It's just based on simple cal assuming the crit chance work like this.
    If there is 10% crit chance on a weapon it means it's every tenth shot is a critical.
    So that means your every 10th shot is critical dmg which is double the dmg which equates too 1000 dmg in ur case.
    As tier 3 rare ex canon does about 500 dmg with ur lvl of training.
    Now if you take all uncommon dmg perk which are 3% each so total 9% and 9% of 500 = 45.
    And now doing the cal for all ten shots because ur crit is on 10th shot.
    So 45*10 = 450.
    So a 50 less dmg in 10 shots if I have taken crit perks.
    But since ex canon is an aoe weapon and has huge splash ur bound to hit two or sometimes 3 ships in a row in many cases so the dmg perk will win the case with this argument and if u use firebomb or flare gun or napalm go with fire perks all the way.

Taevion0 and *JAWS* like this.
  7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

One thing that might be worth considering: even though the crit damage is slightly less, it all gets piled onto one target. That can be a strategic advantage, because it’s like focusing fire.

Damage is obviously important, but it only pays dividends when a ship actually dies, thus reducing the other teams firepower.

If you can get all your extra damage onto one target, it means that one target will be out of the way much sooner. That’s almost always better than a little bit of damage spread across multiple targets.

Taevion0 likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Haha I'm waiting for a full set of epic burn damage perks now. One set of four for my epic exC, one set of three for my rare bc. On my BC, I have two epics and a rare. My god, it hurts. I just flare the enemy, see if they have 400+ health, then give them one in the face to end them. It's crazy good! Im learning flare now.

9. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Bumping this thread because I'm a noob.
    If you had choice between 12% crit chance, 22% pure damage, 16% pure + 12% fire or 30% fire damage. Which one would you go for?
    Basically I got
    2x epic , 1x rare, cannon crit chance.
    2x epic, 1x rare, cannon damage.
    1x epic, 2x rare, fire damage.

What's the best combination?

10. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Pure damage If no fire assistance
    Pure damage + fire damage If you have fire assistance
    Fire damage only (don't recommend it) if you are speeders and every time after hitting flare you will most certainly land your explosive on opponents

I DON'T RECOMMEND CRIT CHANCE AT ALL UNLESS YOU HAVE THREE EPIC, STILL WOULD PREFER DAMAGE ABOVE CRIT CHANCE ANY DAY

11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I agree, while it's fun to get a 1 in 10 crit, the numbers tell you that damage perks are better overall. Sniper has its own elevated crit perks, so that's a different story.

12. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

I think if you get 4 epic 4.5% crit perks its doable. Anything less you might as well use pure dmg or fire