1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Explosive Cannon Issues

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by FAILEDKNIGHT, 24 Jul 2017.

1. FAILEDKNIGHT

FAILEDKNIGHT Member

Has anyone seen a thread that discusses issues with the explosive cannon not registering hits. If so can they point me to the link and if not has anyone else experienced it?

ECTO_1a likes this.
  2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

It's lag from your side which makes it look as if you hit on your screen but in reality it went right passed the enemy

3. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

I am an explosive cannon user and i definitely had "a lot" of hits not registering yesterday afternoon (GMT). Other people in chat also reported the same problem. A few devs were on and said it wasnt server side, but i do think its suspicious if a group of people all appear to be saying the same thing at the same time.

Still, was ok later. Who knows.

4. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I used to get this a lot before it made me scrap my explosive cannon.

Even got it on video which you can see at 2:00

5. FAILEDKNIGHT

FAILEDKNIGHT Member

So if it’s the lag then why does it only effect this specific weapon. That’s probably why I can’t believe it. I have a MK5 shooter and every weapon hits in succession except my 2 explosive cannons. If it was here and there I would agree but. If I fire 2 Blast cannons a regular cannon then the only two that are left suddenly lags every time I fire it. That awfully peculiar.
    Not saying your wrong but just observation. Also I tested out. I switched to only 1 Blast and 1 explosive on my speeder and blast at point blank always hits. Explosive at point blank always missed.

6. FAILEDKNIGHT

FAILEDKNIGHT Member

I agree with you. I think they should dive into this a little further. It’s only 1 weapon people are complaining about. Doesn’t that seem strange?

7. FAILEDKNIGHT

FAILEDKNIGHT Member

This has been an ongoing discussion in the VIP. People have scrapped it because of the issue

8. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Nah. Happens even with my Blast Cannon. Explosive has a slower projectile speed so that could explain why. Hasn't happened to me lately though.

9. FAILEDKNIGHT

FAILEDKNIGHT Member

10. 360NOSCOPE

360NOSCOPE New Member

Doesn't only happens to explosive cannon. It effects all cannons, rg and fg. Pretty much any single target weapons.

11. Miika

Miika Game Lead

There is really no concept of "point blank" distance where you "just can't miss". Even if you are overlapping with the other ship on your screen it might be that in reality the ship is nowhere near you on the server. That is what the lag causes, a disparity between what you see and what is the reality.

This issue has been reported to every weapon in the game and it is a normal side effect of lag. You see the projectile hitting the enemy on your screen but it doesn't hit on the server because you are only seeing you version of the "predicted reality". It can even happen with ships standing still because the waves still move the ships vertically.

Miathan, Cyberfisch and Stelmo like this.
  12. FAILEDKNIGHT

FAILEDKNIGHT Member

Thank you. I’m noticing now that I can only use my explosive cannons from a distance for it to work. Anything under a 2 defender space range will miss.