1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Evolving Weapons?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ViscountSniffit, 19 Oct 2018.

1. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I was just curious, how do evolutions work with the new update?

Can anyone, with enough duplicates, evolve a weapon to t5 now, or do you need a certain Captain Level?

2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I would assume you can go all the way to T5 as there is no more talent tree unlocks for tiers.

3. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

I managed to do both a mine to t3 and blast cannon to t5 that I was unable to before as I had not unlocked the talents in the crew
    I am captain 47 though.

4. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Yes, now you can evolve to t5 at captain lvl 1 if you have the duplicates

5. ChickenSurprise

ChickenSurprise Active Member

Healing you up
    Yup no more tier 2-5 evolution talents just need duplicates and gold

6. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

This was a very nice change. I had 5 items stuck at Level 40 with the required dupes, just waiting for crew training. Managed to evolve them and cleared up 10 inventory slots ... heheheheh.

Not to mention that I would have been waiting at least another 3-4 months based on the required training in v3.2

Pulse Hadron and ViscountSniffit like this.
  7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Interesting. I wonder if that will change the dynamic between Common and Rare weapons?

For years, we’ve been telling new players to focus on Rares. But if you’re now able to push a Common or Ucommon to t5 in a fraction of the time, maybe we’ll need to reconsider.

I was looking in my shop today, and a lvl 1 Common Blast does over 500 damage out the box. Obviously, a good portion of that is my training, but it’s still a huge buff over what it did before.

8. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Lvl 40 big torpedo does 1500