1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Evolving Items 2

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ChickenSurprise, 17 Sep 2018.

1. ChickenSurprise

ChickenSurprise Active Member

Healing you up
    Since there has been a spike of evolving items threads (I guess because people are transmuting their items), I decided to just compile this for now and the future, though I should have done it nearer to 3.2 update. tldr at the bottom.
    I know there is the ITEMs FAQ (https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/items-faq.4/) but this thread is a bit clearer ish.

Evolving- What is it?
    Items upgraded to level 10, 20, 30 and 40 cannot be upgraded further unless they are evolved. Evolving allows you to continue leveling your item to increase its power. Depending on the item rarity evolving can unlock perk slots.
    You can see the requirements at the bottom of the item itself e.g:
    Screenshot_20180917-154853_1.jpg Screenshot_20180914-085925_1.jpg
    To evolve an item you will need:
    • A duplicate item of the same rarity (This can include a level 1 item, items between level 1-10 that are still tier 1 and items with perks still on (although you will get a notification that perks are still attached). See below)
    Screenshot_20180914-085303_1.jpg Screenshot_20180917-153048_1.jpg shield 2.jpg
    • The evolution talent from a crew member
    • Power cells
    • Gold
    A total of five duplicates are needed to get a tier 5 item. Note that you will need two instead of one duplicate for the final tier 5 evolution.
    (I would recommend not to upgrade your duplicates since you are not "refunded" your parts or sugar and remove any perks for future use).

Screenshot_20180917-160354_1.jpg
    Any items that are at tier 2 and above cannot be used for evolution. So at the moment, sadly you can't use two tier 2's to make a tier 4.

tldr
    image_1.jpg
    Happy upgrading!

If anything here is wrong or unclear just post it down below, I'll edit it.
    -ChickenSurprise

Attached Files:

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Don't mind me, I'll just pin this:D

3. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

HEEEEEY KIDS!! Here's a fun fact for you. If you want to scrap a common cannon that you accidentally clicked the level up button ONCE on, you get a big pop up and a LITERALLY UNSKIPPABLE (unless you cancel the scrap) COUNTDOWN before it allows you to scrap said item. But, when you want to evolve a level 10 Epic duct tape to level 11? WELL GUESS WHAT, the game will look at the two duplicate tapes you have, and then promptly choose the duplicate that had an Epic healing perk attached, rather than the one with no perks attached. No warning, no countdown, just a nice hearty implied "morning sweetheart" while your Epic perk vanishes into the ether. BECAUSE GOD FORBID I ACCIDENTALLY SCRAP THE LEVEL TWO COMMON TESLA SHIELD BY ACCIDENT, HORROR OF HORRORS THAT WOULD BE. But those Epic perks? Naaaah, you got a dozen of those lying around, amirite?

So.

Ya know.

Lesson learned.

Edit: self-censoring.

Last edited by a moderator: 24 Sep 2018
  4. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out thereā€¦? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    Just for the record, it doesn't really "choose" which duplicate to use. As far as I know, it'll use the one it "reads" first (If you imagine it scanning across each row and then down to the next row, the way you read a book written in English, it'll pick the first one it sees.). You can move your items in your inventory to control which is used as a duplicate.

Aether_Zero likes this.