1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Every 10th chest ...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fish, 6 Jul 2018.

1. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

In the event description for the perks and pieces chests it says that every 10th chest you will get an epic perk or legendary piece guaranteed. I just opened my 10th perk chest and received an uncommon perk. I did receive an epic perk around chest 5.

Just wondering, does the count to 10 carry over from one event to the next (maybe I did some before the end of the last event - I can’t remember) or should the description be 1 in 10 chests gets epic guaranteed or did it not work correctly?

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  2. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

It has to be 10 of the SAME chest - 9 piece chests and then the 10th will give the leggy piece, or 9 perk chests and the 10th will be guaranteed epic

3. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Yes - sorry should have been specific - I opened 10 perk chests and the 10th perk I got was an uncommon.

4. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

In that case, I have no idea!

Rainbow Warrior and Fish like this.
  5. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I personally interpret it as "you're guaranteed one on your tenth if you haven't pulled one in your past nine" since that's how the "Pity Timer" works in a particular card game made by a company named after an intense winter storm. ;) I've asked for some clarification though.

Rainbow Warrior and Fish like this.
  6. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Yes, this is exactly how it works. If you open 9 straight without getting an epic then the next guarantees it.

7. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response.

8. GoreSnorkle

GoreSnorkle Active Member

See, this cheese is the same as a big box...

If you are lucky enough to get a leg piece in the epic container, they should still give you one in the final box because if not they are erasing your good fortune

9. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

During last weeks event I bought all the PIECE crates.
    During my first set of 10 crates I received the Legendary Piece on the 10th crate.
    During my second set of 10 crates, I received a Legendary Piece on my 4th crate, and on my 10th.
    So at least on the PIECE crates, you MAY have a shot at getting more than one Legendary piece every 10 crates.

10. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Same thing happened to me

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  11. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

That's pretty cheesy compare to last week. Players only have a 1% chance of getting a legendary piece from the first 9 pieces. You took away a miracle chances. Same with the perk but at 5%.

12. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Ummm, the boxes are exactly the same as last week?

Terry Morgan likes this.
  13. TVNPryde

Well, if you get a legendary in one of the first 9 pieces, do you still get the guarantee legendary piece on the 10th piece?

14. Miika

Miika Game Lead

No and neither did you last week. The boxes are exactly the same.

The logic is "If you haven't gotten lucky by the tenth box then it's a guaranteed. If you do get lucky, the counter resets and the next tenth guarantees it again."

15. TVNPryde

Must be my incredible luck then. I bought 40 piece boxes last week and got 6 legendary pieces. I got a legendary piece at every 10th box even if I got a legendary piece at #3 and #4 for the first 2 sets respectively. I've been assuming that for every 10 piece boxes you buy, the 10th box will always be a legendary piece. I actually save my coins to spend for next week so I don't know about this week.

16. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Last week, I bought 30 perk boxes and got an epic exactly on 10, 20 and 30 even though I also got an epic somewhere in the middle of each set of 10. It seems to me that the counter did not reset.

17. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Shhh! Just take it and go :p

18. DrLuigiPhd

DrLuigiPhd Active Member

I also got a legendary red piece from my 4th and 10th piece boxes.

19. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

@Miika I'm pretty sure it's guaranteed on every tenth box regardless of whether you got lucky or not, because what he described happened to me too.

Note: please don't change it!!!

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  20. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Then that just makes me feel super unlucky because that’s not what happened for me ... hence the original post .