1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Events not even.... not even close

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Grand Admiral V, 7 Jul 2018.

1. Grand Admiral V

Grand Admiral V New Member

Hello all. Grand Admiral V here. I’m currently an MK6 with about 3300 infamy. I’m really wondering why the $&@? I keep getting matched up with nightmare league players that have 1000-1500 more infamy than me during these events. COME ON ROVIO GIVE ME A DUCKING ( I really wanted to put a bad word there but that’s not very classy) BREAK match these events evenly or quit having them. Anyone else sick of that yet. I sure I am.

BasedCarpen likes this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

At 3000+, I think this must be an everyday occurrence for you? Don't worry, NML players are only human and can be defeated easily if you work as a team

Grand Admiral V likes this.
  3. Grand Admiral V

Yeah I try To hold my own and work together but when I’m up against an opponent that has all tier v legendary weapons with 23000 hp there is little to no way in hell im going to win. Why even play if I’m just getting my ass handed to me like that? Seems like the system needs to change. That’s all I was really trying to say.

Cavy likes this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

T5L??? Holy shit! Who did you run into, exactly? Screenshots please

5. Grand Admiral V

Banderas. He’s in the #2 guild in the world. Dude just destroyed me bad. Like .... bad. Lol

Attached Files:

●H€ll-Blad€● likes this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

LMAO that's just bad luck, man. Pure bad luck, nothing else

7. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Unlucky haha.. But I also matched against this guy who had three t5 leggies, one t4 and one t3. I'm still mk6 and this dude had about 3k higher gear score than me or my teammate.

Then see what happened: https://replay.battlebay.net/YQSFCKTL

Yes, we kicked his legendary ass :p

Screenshot_20180707-054029.png

8. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Check the new tip post I just made. You are probably being matched higher because of your underleveled small shield.

9. sea31

sea31 Member

Yeah, I was just matched with someone sub 2000 on my team (I'm at 2400ish right now) and just got out up against two fleeting over 4000s. I just don't think this game has enough people playing for fair matchmaking, and these 1v1, 2v2 matches are exposing that issue. Matchmaking isn't getting fixed because there aren't enough players at any given time to fix it and still have quick match waiting times. It's really too bad, as I enjoy playing.

- Oskar - and xxxBISMARCKxxx like this.
  10. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

NM players have to play someone...

A lot of it depends on who is online at the time of queueing. Do you think the top #1 guild players should only be able to play the top #2 guild players? The even is only a few days, and Rovio has to let as many matches happen as possible.

Even when I smash another fleet they only earn 3-4 coins less than me. More games played the better your chances at getting the legendary perk. Isn't that the whole point of these things anyway?!?

11. Grand Admiral V

I guess if they would try to match mk6s only against mk6s And so on that would possibly alleviate this issue of getting your arse kicked constantly.

12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It's not bad luck nor is it timing. EventMatchmaker(tm) is designed for such matchuos

13. Grand Admiral V

Another fine match against two players with 1500 more infamy than I have. I should never have to play against these guys. I would rather wait 1-2 minuets to find an even match than to play against these mk7s. I play the game cause it’s fun but guess what... it’s not fun when you have no chance to win.

Attached Files:

14. Grand Admiral V

Why in the hell would it be designed for the best players to demolish the enemy and get more coins faster? That makes absolutely no sense. I’m about to quit playing this game cause of this bs.

15. envylife

It's just the way it's worked for the past several events once the Devs scrapped gear score matchup. Put even a single T5 Epic on your boat and you are telling EventMatchmaker(tm) that you are ready to challenge Bandaras and American Marauder. It makes no sense, but it's now it was designed,

16. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

Gotta give those legendary guys some free wins for their patronage, y'know.
    Seriously, I get matched with mk7 legendary gear whales all the time, how am I suppose to win with rare mixed with some epic gear mk6?
    After all those matches, I realized I'm not supposed to win. I was just there to be their punching bag.

- Oskar - and xxxBISMARCKxxx like this.
  17. Jujujuan

Jujujuan Active Member

Fought agaisnt YSL today. He/she was playing with a teammate (Weeze). Don't have to be a genius to kwon that I Got my ass kicked really hard by them.
    Is just bad luck

18. envylife

In my last 10 matches my side was over-matched by the opponents by 2k gear score every time. I took it as a sign to stop playing.

xxxBISMARCKxxx likes this.
  19. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think it's by design to promote pay to play.

Rhummy, - Oskar - and xxxBISMARCKxxx like this.
  20. envylife

Hazing is a better term.