1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Voice Event Discussion and Feedback - Fiery!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by The Grim Repair, 31 Aug 2018.

1. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Dear Battlers!

We just started a new event "Fiery" with ALL primary fire weapons 30% increased duration. We want to hear your feedback and also answer a few things, that have come up already. :)

Some clarifications:

1. Why are there only 3 specific event perks in the boxes this time?
      - They are the most relevant perks for this event and give most accessibility to players to get those perks.
    2. Why is it 80 coins a box and not 35 like before?
      - Cost represents the price of a perk based on the drop-chance. It is easier to get a specific perk during this event, hence we adjusted the cost so the perk cost for a specific perk remains the same.
    3. Why these perks?
      - It's a Fire Event and fire perks make sense. :) We wanted to cater to players who like to play with fire!
    4. Why is projectile speed showing as a negative value for napalm and firebomb perk?
      TLDR: Technical magic.
      More specific: Mortar type of weapons have a fixed flight duration from shot to impact regardless of the distance between those.
      So what the value does is decrease said time, hence a negative value.
      Projectiles have a fixed speed and travel with variable duration. A closer target gets hit with less travel time of the projectile than a target furher away.
      Not so for mortar type weapons, so if travel time decreases the projectile speed increases over the same distance traveled.
    Feedback: important when you write your feedback that it is structured something like this, so we can truly understand what has been great and what we can do better.
    • Please don't do:
    • Why:
    • Please do more of:
    We aim to shake things up and make Events generally fun and different - sometimes that can go crazy and sometimes it will hit just the right spot! Of course, we want to hit the right spot more :D
    Your Voice is important here :) Remember: Events will differ and rotate so there will be something enjoyable for everyone.

Any other questions - we will also do our best to answer - you can PM me as well!

FIRE AWAY!
    -Grim

2. Oggog

Oggog Active Member

The item pieces were easily the best part of events for me. Please do more of that. Will they be coming back? Can we get them back this event for those that aren't interested in the perks?

Forgot to add: I do like the concept of this event. It is pretty fun doing unusual play styles now and then. Not sure I can handle that much flare for 3 days solid but I still like the concept.

Last edited: 31 Aug 2018
  3. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

Cough* cough* so will you change boxes back to 35 coins? cough*

4. Catcat

Catcat Member

RIP leg pieces. RIP F2W players lol
    I love this change

PastelPiku and Rhummy like this.
  5. Red Rocket Z

Red Rocket Z New Member

COOL! I like it and all seems fair. FIREBOMBS AWAY!

PastelPiku likes this.
  6. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

Another event. Another lack of a "next battle" button. Why.

PastelPiku, AntiHero and Nicolas like this.
  7. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

It's not as easy to put in the game as one might believe - so we thought it makes more sense to work on more important things, but we have it on a list of improvements for the future. :)

8. DrLuigiPhd

DrLuigiPhd Active Member

Please reduce the price of boxes to something that evenly goes into 900. My OCD is killing me.

30 would be great.

9. Weeze

Weeze Well-Known Member

Please don't: Limit the boxes to only uncommon, rare, epic perks.
    Why: They eventually get replaced with legendary perks and become obsolete. This is what made being able to buy pieces so great.. you work toward both leg items and perks simultaneously.

I like the idea of being able to target a specific perk you want.. but do it at the legendary level, not the uncommon, rare, epic. For example, give the option to 1) claim the 900 coin random legendary perk box or 2) claim the exact perk you want for a higher price (say 1,500 or 1,800). This would eliminate the disappointment/frustration of grinding a short 3 day event only to get a completely useless perk.

Last edited: 31 Aug 2018
  10. CHUCK NORRIS

CHUCK NORRIS Member

If you wanted to do event rewards specific to fire perks could have simply added 3 more crates to purchase options for 80 coins each separately while leaving the other 3 original previous options of 35 coins intact. Thus keeping everyone happy instead of angering the majority of your players with this drastic change in rewards redemption. In future if you are going to change the rewards redemptions costs or structure give advance warning so players can choose to redeem their saved coins before option expires to do so.

11. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Forgive my ignorance, but I am still unclear how we are picking perks, as I am sure most of my guild is unclear too.

I understand the following facts:
    BOXES now cost 80 coins
    Item Pieces and Parts are GONE from this event.

So to reach 900 coins spent, we must buy 12 x 80 coin boxes.
    If I buy all 12 boxes of the FLARE GUN. Does this mean I am going to get 12 FLARE gun perks of various rarities, with the 10th box being the epic? Does this also guarantee that my LEGENDARY perk claim will also be a FLARE GUN perk?

Or

If the legendary perk is NOT guaranteed to be the FLARE gun perk, what is the point of 3 different boxes?

12. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Better Option:

I would offer 3 rewards when doing a theme type of event:

1. A perk box based on the event theme perks.

2. A standard piece box. Same original cost.

3. A perk box based on the perks not included in the theme box.

No one wants to buy 10 of the same perk. All 3 in one box would have alleviated that issue while still giving them a chance to earn the other event perks.

Off-topic but slightly on-topic... Let's talk about perk value and the fact that we earn or buy perks we can't use because of the 1 event perk type per item limit. Why not allow the same event perks to be used on a single item, and only one (the highest value one) will use the 2nd bottom feature. So you have 2 epic event perks, you can apply them both, but only one of the perk's bottom features gets applied. This way we get more value out of time / money.

13. DrLuigiPhd

DrLuigiPhd Active Member

To spend 800 coins to guarantee an epic only to get a legendary perk of the same description would also be counterproductive. Now you just scrap the epic since you can’t use 2 of the same.

American Marauder likes this.
  14. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Your Legendary Perk will be 1 of the 8 listed in 'Top Rewards'

15. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

I don’t understand one thing.

Why not one box whit the new perks, and another’s with others perks and pieces?

If we can use only one especial perk, why someone would choose spend a lot coins on the same perk box multiple times?

The event is fun, but the rewards not make sense for me.

Reorge and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  16. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    Im only geyltting FIGHTHOUSE in battle?is this some kind of BUG.

BattleRascal likes this.
  17. DrLuigiPhd

DrLuigiPhd Active Member

I like it. Who really want to spend coins on parts anyway.

PastelPiku likes this.
  18. Hamfingers

Hamfingers New Member

I’m not sure where to start... I guess with the positives I enjoy the concept behind the event. Pretty cool will be fun to grind. Now onto what I think is absolutely garbage.... do not get rid of pieces, do not change the price of each box, do not make it a 1:20 chance of getting an epic event perk, and do not have one perk state +13% projectile speed while the other perks state -13% projectile speed.

19. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

No pieces/parts no grinding. Sorry not going to waste my time on for perks. All I cares about were pieces and parts that helped me progress in ranked matches. If events are not going to provide me them, I will not be wasting my time on events henceforth.

Aether_Zero likes this.
  20. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

please don't do
    • any other events with boosted fire, players are spamming napalm and that's making game laggy
    • any other 5v5 TDM events, they're just too similar to normal mode
    • buff already strong items
    please do
    • make event event with unified crew training, levels of items (maybe even setups), that could be interesting and really skill-based event, it could even make this game viable as e-sport game
    • 1v1 events, they're imho more skill based (ofc some ships and/or setups are better for 1v1)
    • something with seal clubbing (I don't know if it's still here because I played only three battles with mk5 this event and I don't want to play more), it's ruinning low/mid mid level players' experience
    • adjust parts/cells box, uncommon and probably also rare power cells are useless for majority of players

Last edited: 3 Sep 2018
    V__, L_u_c_i, envylife and 4 others like this.