1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Epic Carronade t2 or Rare Flaregun t3/4 on Speeder

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Mervin, 12 Oct 2017.

1. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Hi Battle Bayers, am currently at MK4 speeder and moving to MK5 soon. Rocking and epic sniper which I’m keeping for sure but am in a dilemma to use the second weapon slot with carronade or flaregun. Any advice if in the long run, which between flaregun and carronade would be more viable? :)

2. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

Flare and work the Bhurt Burn talents. Once your carronade is at a higher tier, you can switch over and try that. The burn/cannon combo is pretty sweet. My t4 rare BC does 1K damage with a few burn perks and Bhurt talents.

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Meaning to use flare gun for now first till I train my carronade to a higher tier? But another thing is that I’m lucked with epic sniper cannon instead of blast cannon

4. LotharusMaximus

I would go flare yes, but the burn talents are still applicable to Sniper so you're good. The Crit Perks are the most important on the Sniper so go with those when/if possible but work the burn and crit talents in Bhurt. That way you can combo the two for extra damage.

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Got it buddy and na
    Got it buddy and makes perfect sense to me. So to conclude you’d reckon the sniper/flare to dish out more damage as compared to a sniper/carronade combination yes?

6. LotharusMaximus

I would but that depends on how good you are with the Speeder. I'm not great so I like to stay further away (or I die quickly usually). Carronade is great at high levels but not so much until it is up there AND you have to be close. I'm still working on the up close game but the flare/sniper combo would work there as well. Carronade just has the added benefit of a short cooldown time. Still though, until your carronade is a higher tier and the talents are worked, I'd go with the other combo.

7. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Cool beans! As of now since I’ve been training Swift’s carronade talent and having a tier 2 epic carronade, I’m dealing 5 X 91 damage and would be unlocking that 6th projectile soon.

8. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

With my guild having 2 carronade quests in 3 cycles I would recommend upgrading the carronade. You can be a hero in your alliance for the worst quest in the game.

Mind you if you want to win and earn stars I cannot in good conscious recommend the carronade. Unless it is your only legendary and then I would reluctantly recommend it. Very reluctantly.

9. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Appreciate the input mate. And I’ve decided to move to an enforcer route to make the best out of the three sniper cannon, carronade and flare! :D

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Appreciate the input mate. And I’ve decided to move to an enforcer route to make the best out of the three sniper cannon, carronade and flare! :D

11. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Go with carronade here's why
    Carronade is a excellent weapon in close quarters because of its slowdown effect so other ships will find it hard to hit you in 1v 1 battles u will have a huge advantage.
    And u still will have epic sniper which is for long range and while sniper has moderate cooldown carronade has low cooldown.
    So they compliment each other real problem is that carronade starts to really shine when you get those slow down effect and more projectile on swift tree.
    And moreover there will be some conflicting talents where you have to choose b/w on and carronade talents.
    Fir this follow this advice always choose more projectile over and speed talent and try to pick as many slow down talent as you can.
    Why flare gun is not good in ur scenario
    Because it's not good in 1v1 battles because it's a passive weapon even if u hit the enemy with flare gun and he is at low health he can still hit you as his health tricked down with time which gives him few seconds to kill you.
    And never ever use fire dmg perk on sniper not. Worth it always use crit chances

12. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Wow I truly appreciate the insights from you my man. I can agree with most parts of the carronade as they do make sense and I believe it comes from your experience too! I shall proceed with such then. Thank you kind sir once again xD

13. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

No I don't have a carronade I use flare gun myself and I know of its disadvantages in close quarters as I m like u an Mk4 but I use ex canon so flare gun is only good with it though I truly wished I had carronade.
    On how I come to know so much about carronade it's simple I took interest in that weapon and asked some top players about how to use it and it's advantages and disadvantages and I poked a round the forum for it a lot.
    Glad that I could be of any help.
    Do proudly use ur carronade and I hope u will get better with it in no time.

14. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Great stuff buddy. I hope you’ll be getting your hands on the desired carronade in time then!
    Yes you’ve been of much help and I’m extremely delighted to have gathered your thoughts. Been using it for a while and I’ve gotten a hang of it for sure by abusing its low cooldown and ability to slow the ships from the talent- allowing me to kite and abuse their turret rotation to land extra shots before they get to face me ;)

Crashedup likes this.
  15. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Carronade is great weapon,but since the amount of legendary whales is increasing i would advice against using carronade.Because its a close combat weapon,believe me leggy explosive of shooter or defender hits hard....(THE USE OF CARRONADE HAS SHIFTED TO MORE OF ANTI-SPEEDER)

Secondly,carronade comes at a cost of sarcrificing lots of speeder perks in swift talent tree(These perks matter a lot in early gameplay)

I would advice you too to use blast/explosive canon along with flare OR if you love your sniper too much,use the EC/BC along with it.Flare with sniper makes no significant diff and its not worth it for its slow projectile speed and short range..

And finally carronade is also good on enforcer,can be useful without sacrificing perks in swift tree (ZEUS,developer and widow maker 2.0 use them on enfo)

16. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Got it bro, and that’s if I’m going for a speeder route. On the bright side, I’ve decided to main an enforcer with the carronade, flare and sniper. Think that would work decently well covering the long, medium and short range offence XD